Who Replaces Monk?

Guest domSWFC

Ollie is just down the road at Grimsby Town. He’d ditch Grimsby immediately to take over at Wednesday and is nearer to being a Big Ron / Steve Bruce type than you’d imagine. Capable of raising spirits and getting his players working hard for him and we’d get him on the cheap.

Not that Mr C would listen. Never listens to anyone. That’s why we’re in a bloody mess.

Knowing us we will get rid of Monk and the new manager will give the majority of these pathetic out of contract players a new contract. They as well as the owner deserve the majority of the blame imo. Monk isn’t helping with those sodding selections though. 

Need someone who knows football inside out because the chairman doesn't so i'd go for Allardyce at the moment, can't keep gambling on low experienced or foreign coaches at this time.. i'd never go for him in past but need experience now.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Monk isn’t helping himself with his selections but I do in a way feel sorry for him. These players are an absolute disgrace, they couldn’t care less. However it all starts and ends with DC, he is poison and the sooner he gets out of this club the better. 

.......... and take his f00king elephant and fish with him.

9 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Ollie is just down the road at Grimsby Town. He’d ditch Grimsby immediately to take over at Wednesday and is nearer to being a Big Ron / Steve Bruce type than you’d imagine. Capable of raising spirits and getting his players working hard for him and we’d get him on the cheap.

Not that Mr C would listen. Never listens to anyone. That’s why we’re in a bloody mess.

I wanted Ollie when Bruce left. 3 promotions from the championship under his belt. Only Warnock and Bruce have more (4 each).

8 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Need someone who knows football inside out because the chairman doesn't so i'd go for Allardyce at the moment, can't keep gambling on low experienced or foreign coaches at this time.. i'd never go for him in past but need experience now.

No, it just needs someone one level above kin stupidity !

8 minutes ago, coe_22 said:

I wanted Ollie when Bruce left. 3 promotions from the championship under his belt. Only Warnock and Bruce have more (4 each).

The main thing about him is that players like him, they play for him, and he is tactically aware. Knows his stuff.

38 minutes ago, darra said:

Chansiri has a huge decision to make. There are rumours of two interested parties in buying the club. Does he tough it out or does he take the money and run? Not ITK but i reckon the club must have a good take on what the outcome of the equiry is or likely to be by now. So does he take what he can get now and take a hit ot does he as I said tough it out and hope we dont get relegated because if we do he'll get nowhere near what he's invested imo that is

No potentially interested party is going to go into advanced negotiations without knowing the full situation, they aren’t going to make an offer until the EFL have announced what’s what, anyone who doesn’t wait until having the full details would be as clueless in business as our current owner .

Edited by Owl999

No manager would come here, it’s like the job nobody wants because of the size of it but they won’t have the resources to change things and also the points deduction won’t help too. Would love someone like Alex Neil here but no chance whilst he’s doing well at Preston. 

1 minute ago, Owl999 said:

No potentially interested party is going to go into advanced negotiations without knowing the full situation, they aren’t going to make an offer until the EFL have announced what’s what .

True but as the Derby and Brum cases have been resolved you'd think ours either has and details not been released or a decisoion is close and the club either know or have an idea of the decision. Chansiri is being unusually quiet so has either lost interest or hopefully is in meetings.

I accept it won't happen, but the club needs Megson on the training ground.... yesterday. 

He's everything the club need, but everything our agent owners despise. They want complete control of the transfer policy for financial reasons. Megson would want complete control of the transfer policy for footballing reasons. 

Prove me wrong Mr Chansiri. Prove to us you are in control of the club and want success for the club. 

47 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Please say you are joking 

8 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I accept it won't happen, but the club needs Megson on the training ground.... yesterday. 

He's everything the club need, but everything our agent owners despise. They want complete control of the transfer policy for financial reasons. Megson would want complete control of the transfer policy for footballing reasons. 

Prove me wrong Mr Chansiri. Prove to us you are in control of the club and want success for the club. 

FFS

38 minutes ago, coe_22 said:

The main thing about him is that players like him, they play for him, and he is tactically aware. Knows his stuff.