Who Replaces Monk?

Guest domSWFC

We need an instant impact, honeymoon effect manager. Doesn’t matter if they’re in our longterm plans or not. Give them a bonus to keep us up with a 12-21 point deduction.

Even Bullen would at least bring Westwood and Hutchinson back into the squad.

If he sacks Monk, Chansiri would only leave Bullen in charge until the end of the season. Wake me up when the lot have gone including Monk, Bullen, rest of coaching staff, rotten Apples in the club and all of the out of contract players.  

• Like 1

There's clearly serious issues in our club that go far deeper than the manager but even though Monk is operating with his hands tied there's no excuse for the tactics, bizarre team selections & substitutions that have placed us in our current predicament.  

If he had any pride he'd walk now, if DC had the slightest clue he'd sack him now.  

Unfortunately I expect Monk to be in charge for our next match.

It has to be a reasonable curveball..

I am not totally sure a Megson or Warnock type person would work, bull in a china shop and our current crop of players would not respond, they'd continue to do what they are doing now and run down contracts and get a move.

I'd say appoint Loovens, he would galvanise the dressing room but do so with a velvet glove, not an Iron fist.

Now, tactically - is he good enough?   Who knows as a non entity, so if he isn't it would have to be a double bubble with him and someone else.   I'd not go for a double history so that's him and someone not previously affiliated with Wednesday - i'm sure he has a lot of contacts he is willing to work alongside.

I've previously said many times before - don't bring a past player back to be manager, but right now, he is the only person I can think of who can stop the rot with this current crop of players THIS season.

• Haha 1