Who Replaces Monk?

Guest domSWFC

Just now, Swiss Toni said:

It would be nice to approach someone currently in employment. Why we only seem to go for people out of work is beyond me. They are currently out of work for a reason. Try going for someone on an upwards curve.

Beggars can't be choosers. 

We are not in a good place to attract anyone decent. 

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

There's a whole host of issues to sort but the every increasingly large threat of relegation needs addressing first.
Get Roy Keane or Paolo Di Canio in til end of season.
Watch the set of flaps start moving on the pitch then.

Paolo Di Canio

WTF:

Of course its Lee Bullen.

There is not a flying chance that anyone would come in here with any reputation at the moment.

Possibly in the summer once things have calmed down - but we havent got that time.

Even though he isnt the long term solution, and we need to get new ownership or - at the very least - structure in place, I genuinely think Bullen is a much better option than Monk at this point in time.

He might not have lost the dressing room per se, but he doesn't know how to sort them out to get a performance that for sure.

5 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Bruce wasn't a bad choice but turned out to be a judas, Carlos was fine for 2 years. 

Sturrock did a good job. 

That's just off the top of my head. 

I'd say Carlos was fine for 1 year - after that it was turgid. Sturrock did a good job (in League One).

My main point still stands, why do we never look for anyone currently in employment? Whenever you see the lists of potential candidates we only ever discuss ones out of work. 

13 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

It would be nice to approach someone currently in employment. Why we only seem to go for people out of work is beyond me. They are currently out of work for a reason. Try going for someone on an upwards curve.

Why would anyone on an "upwards curve"  want to join us and risk ruining their reputation .?

Just now, Swiss Toni said:

I'd say Carlos was fine for 1 year - after that it was turgid. Sturrock did a good job (in League One).

My main point still stands, why do we never look for anyone currently in employment? Whenever you see the lists of potential candidates we only ever discuss ones out of work. 

As a rule if you go for a manager who's already in employment they tend to carry serious compensation costs. 

Over the last 20 years we've never been an attractive enough proposition or been 'big' enough to lure any decent manager from a job they are already successful in. 

Like I said beggars can't be choosers. 

And Bruce was a good appointment we were just unlucky there. 

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Ollie is just down the road at Grimsby Town. He’d ditch Grimsby immediately to take over at Wednesday and is nearer to being a Big Ron / Steve Bruce type than you’d imagine. Capable of raising spirits and getting his players working hard for him and we’d get him on the cheap.

Not that Mr C would listen. Never listens to anyone. That’s why we’re in a bloody mess.

Agree on both points Simon. Proven at this level with promotions on his CV and an infectious personality.