Forestieri and Wickham

Guest Grandad

CW not really looked fit yet, but I'd definitely give this a go in a 4-4-2... And while Reach is injured get Harris and Murphy wide

Looks like we are stuck with Pelepussy if Luongo not fit so I'm still not convinced it would work for us though

7 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Think it needs to be more 4-3-3 as with a 2 we always get outplayed and too easy to play through.

Murphy and Foriesteri either side of Wickham

This^

Plain to see last weekend. Two banks of players with a massive gap between midfield and defence . Reading clearly could see this and just played the ball into said sizeable gap and bingo. Spend 90 minutes last weekend thinking what the hell does Monk do with these players in the week to coach them to be so poor and tactically inept. Thought FF and Cruz were the only two who were trying first half and Murphy looked good when he came on. 

10 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This^

Plain to see last weekend. Two banks of players with a massive gap between midfield and defence . Reading clearly could see this and just played the ball into said sizeable gap and bingo. Spend 90 minutes last weekend thinking what the hell does Monk do with these players in the week to coach them to be so poor and tactically inept. Thought FF and Cruz were the only two who were trying first half and Murphy looked good when he came on. 

This is the problem I have with Monk.

I can forgive poor results if he's trying to implement a particular way of playing but he's not.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of plan or tactical approach.

CW not looked fit but if the option is Nuhiu instead I would rather see CW start. Also not really sure what Cruz offers us so perhaps he should be on the bench and start Harris and Murphy like you say. Anything is worth a try at the minute! Really hope Pessy doesn’t start though! 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

CW not really looked fit yet, but I'd definitely give this a go in a 4-4-2... And while Reach is injured get Harris and Murphy wide

Looks like we are stuck with Pelepussy if Luongo not fit so I'm still not convinced it would work for us though

Is there any one in the reserves who could come in for Pelupessy? Would also like to see Cruze in the side but difficult to fit in. 

13 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is there any one in the reserves who could come in for Pelupessy? Would also like to see Cruze in the side but difficult to fit in. 

Seen every minute Cruz has played so far and don't understand his signing at all

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

This is the problem I have with Monk.

I can forgive poor results if he's trying to implement a particular way of playing but he's not.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of plan or tactical approach.

Agreed. Looking back, even when we were in 3rd position, we were hardly convincing. Now has no plan B and appears to be waiting to get the chop. Hate to say it but could you see any half decent manager enduring such a poor run without getting a reaction from his players? In absolute free-fall and something definitely happened between the Bristol and Stoke matches that will probably end up with him being sacked. 

19 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

There’s midfield players like Hunt, Shaw and Hughes who have appeared on the bench and I can’t see why we don’t just play them instead of Pelupessy who made zero tackles in a recent game. Seriously can the young players offer any less input 

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

There’s midfield players like Hunt, Shaw and Hughes who have appeared on the bench and I can’t see why we don’t just play them instead of Pelupessy who made zero tackles in a recent game. Seriously can the young players offer any less input 

Hunt is more of a Bannan type player and Hughes is more of a right wing back.............Liam Waldock plays defensive midfield for the young uns.

Cruz just hasn't really adjusted yet on the evidence so far.

Seems to feel he's got a moment longer on the ball that he really has.

Perhaps he'll make the adjustment, perhaps not, and if not then at least it's only a loan deal. Otherwise though, he seems to have some decent qualities.