Forestieri and Wickham

Guest Grandad

Front 2 of Forestieri and Wickham is 100 percent  right.

Two wingers which would be Murphy and Harris is 100 percent right.

Problem is Bannan isn’t a CM and playing very poor, Lee isn’t the player he was. Pelupessy simply isn’t good enough. Luongo is injured and Hutchinson is exiled. We have no CM players !! Where the game is won and lost. Doesn’t really matter if we play a two or a three we always get overrun.

I know we can’t play this today, but our team with a Fletcher-Rhodes partnership is proven to be unbelievably prolific.

The option was cruelly taken from Monk after we’d scored 7 goals in 198 minutes with this duo up front.

I hope he spotted how prolific we were, and that we see this partnership rekindled as soon as possible, maybe on Wednesday v Charlton or Saturday v Derby.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Hutchinson and Luongo are 2 of. This is the problem Monk has made This formation unplayable as we don’t have the central midfielders.

And Luongo’s probably been injured for more games than he’s been available.

I prefer 4-3-3 but 4-4-2 was working quite well before Christmas when Hutchinson and Fletcher were playing.

And in reply to Holmowl, Rhodes can only play in a 4-4-2

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I prefer 4-3-3 but 4-4-2 was working quite well before Christmas when Hutchinson and Fletcher were playing.

Certainly he’s best in a 442, alongside Fletcher.

Hopeless as the front man of a 433/451.

8 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Luongo rather than Hutch also worked really well in 442 before Christmas.

11 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Agree it was working and it worked last year when Hutchinson and Bannan were playing in it under Bruce but they (especially Hutch) we’re playing much higher up the park. I think Monk is the the problem he’s too negative 

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

I'd always go Bannan Hutchinson Luongo.

But seeing as though Hutchinson has been banished and Luongo can never stay fit.

Today I'd go Bannan Lee Hunt.

Anyone but Pelupessy.

Without Hutchinson or Luongo we look lightweight in central midfield whatever formation we play 

21 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree it was working and it worked last year when Hutchinson and Bannan were playing in it under Bruce but they (especially Hutch) we’re playing much higher up the park. I think Monk is the the problem he’s too negative 

Just to add balance...

Forest away 

CM Luongo Bannan

Charlton away

CM for 70 mins Hutch Bannan 1-1

CM for 20 mins Luongo Bannan finished 3-1

Boro away

CM for 40 mins Hutch-Bannan 4-1

CM for 50 mins Luongo Bannan finished 4-1

My point is that 442 can work fine, and Hutch is good but far from pivotal.

Honesty would rather one of the young lads play than Pessy. At least they might be full of energy and want to impress. Birmingham have got that young midfielder in their team, apparently worth millions. Let’s give a youngster or 2 of ours a chance. Things aren’t working with the current players. Anything is worth a try. 

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Seen every minute Cruz has played so far and don't understand his signing at all

Potential I think.  Give him time to adjust to our game and he could come good.

One for next season I think, not what we need right now. Myrphy looks a better option at present but Da Cruz could be one for the future. I keep seeing ability in his play but he seems to be playing a different game to the rest of the team.