Monk On Hutchinson And Westwood

If Hutch and Westwood are the problem then why have the rest of the squad downed tools, its doesn't make sense.

If they were the bad apples and Monk drops them then the rest of the players should be supportive and grafting for the gaffer.

Truth is, they are coasting through games and doing the bare minimum.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

That’s what these sorts of players do, they act up when things aren’t to their liking. Maybe they respected Bruce? Perhaps Monk has come in and shaked it up tactically and the golden boys aren’t happy. He’s obviously got the tactics awfully wrong as results tell us, but what’s followed tell us more about the characters of hutch and Westwood, than monk 

I admire your certainty. 

1 hour ago, victorturner said:

The top issue is putting a successful team on the field. As a side issue, he ought to be able to discipline miscreants  and move on,  even if he does not pick them. Exile is not good management.

He is disciplining them. They arent playing

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

If Hutch and Westwood are the problem then why have the rest of the squad downed tools, its doesn't make sense.

If they were the bad apples and Monk drops them then the rest of the players should be supportive and grafting for the gaffer.

Truth is, they are coasting through games and doing the bare minimum.

And ths is where DC should step in and show some spine

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

That’s what these sorts of players do, they act up when things aren’t to their liking. Maybe they respected Bruce? Perhaps Monk has come in and shaked it up tactically and the golden boys aren’t happy. He’s obviously got the tactics awfully wrong as results tell us, but what’s followed tell us more about the characters of hutch and Westwood, than monk 

Quite right

Monk gets my backing

19 minutes ago, brando said:

not sure about that bud if wrong stand corrected but reckon Westwood must have more international caps than Monk

Depends how you define success. I haven’t looked at the figures but I bet monk has more promotions and PL appearances than Westwood as well as a cup win. 

To put your point into perspective I would guess that nuhiu will finish his career with more international caps than Westwood.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Cmon mate look at what’s staring at ya, why always hutch and Westwood then and never the other players? 

Tell me why out of our recent managers only Monk has faced allegations of dodgy behaviour from the chairmen who sacked him? Does that make him guilty and mean we shouldn't have hired him? 

And maybe Jos and Monk are cut from the same cloth. Can't handle dissent - we've all seen bosses like that and the gobby ones are likely to take the flak. 

I'm not saying Monk is wrong. Nor that he's right. I don't know because I haven't got the evidence that convinces me either way. But it's the vitriol launched at two players who have done pretty well for us that galls me - especially as its based on surmising from the behaviour of two managers who have so far proved to be similarly and remarkably lacking in competence. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whatdial said:

Unless they have done something that is disciplinary related then they should be Judged on their performances on the pitch versus their colleagues. Obviously we don’t know what’s happened but we need them both badly.

Well this is where any decent club would have a code of ethics and any disciplinary action would be ran past a committee so you'd bet on the manager being in the right or at least it not being something trivial, but the way the clubs being ran it could be over a pack of cornflakes for all I know

Like to know Bullens view on Hutch and Westwood right now

Obviously didn’t agree with Jos as he brought the two back after Josh was sacked in his caretaker role.

Feel Monk needs some support from within which looked imminent with Beattie at one time. At the moment he must feel isolated with possibly no ally to turn too

7 minutes ago, southstand said:

Like to know Bullens view on Hutch and Westwood right now

Obviously didn’t agree with Jos as he brought the two back after Josh was sacked in his caretaker role.

Feel Monk needs some support from within which looked imminent with Beattie at one time. At the moment he must feel isolated with possibly no ally to turn too

Did think this myself.

Say Monk was sacked Monday, if Bullen takes over and puts them both back in against Birmingham then what does that say to the squad? Or even say about the club in the grand scheme of things. 

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Did think this myself.

Say Monk was sacked Monday, if Bullen takes over and puts them both back in against Birmingham then what does that say to the squad? Or even say about the club in the grand scheme of things. 

Or what does it say about Monk?

Just now, rickygoo said:

Or what does it say about Monk?

The same it said about Jos? 

I just think lightning doesn’t strike twice with these things. 

The club has been putting up with nonsense for short term gain for far too long in my opinion.