Monk On Hutchinson And Westwood

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Unlike you, I don't have the knowledge of the dressing room. I love my job, a much more worthy cause. 

You've got the inside knowledge of the players and as you said yourself, you're pretty good at managing teams. 

I'm too humble to make that claim.

Like I said snarky. I said all along I don't know who is in the right. That's my whole point. We don't know what's gone/going off. I'm just not assuming Monk is correct in what he's doing and I certainly don't want to join in hurling abuse at two players I've enjoyed watching without being sure they are completely out of order. You're the one with the certainty not me Mr 115%. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Like I said snarky. I said all along I don't know who is in the right. That's my whole point. We don't know what's gone/going off. I'm just not assuming Monk is correct in what he's doing and I certainly don't want to join in hurling abuse at two players I've enjoyed watching without being sure they are completely out of order. You're the one with the certainty not me Mr 115%. 

Getting personal. The white flag of social media.

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Can’t see what that has to do with the absolute dross that the players dish up week after week , Monk doesn’t appear to know how to change it that’s nothing to do with Westwood or Hutch surely 

That's the real point. Mind you, any mismanagement might have affected the conviction of the squad, and not just over those two. I'd question not playing Rhodes after his hat trick, the lack of imparting know how on how to hang onto a lead late on,  and bringing three loan players straight into the team which is disturbing and very difficult to absorb. Today, there was a move backwards, only playing one of them.

The daft thing is - everyone is up in arms - but neither of em are that good anymore.

westwood was dropping clangers pre Xmas and (although I do rate him) Hutchinson isn’t the player he was in the play off seasons.

hutchinson was playing until recently.

them two coming back isn’t going to stop this mess

4 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

It's all well and good saying he needs time to sort this out. We've just brought in three forwards on loan and in today's home game we've managed three shots on target.... against Reading. 

The midfield was the problem before January, so bringing in three forwards in January is even more bizarre. It's along the same lines as the bizarre transfer policy since 2016. Once again Hutchinson still appears to be the be all and end all in our midfield. 

His stance on Hutchinson and Westwood is admirable, but we need points on the table. I'm not saying bring them back in because this problem was going on before he arrived, but I'm no longer confident Monk knows how to get results with what's available in our squad.

In fact things have gone backwards, drastically, by Monks own standards.

The three loan signings may have actually made things worse, within the dressing room. You get the impression this is all about new contracts. Dawson gets a new one, some players demands are rejected and a couple of new Lamborghini's turns up in the training ground carpark, and we're back to Sheffield Doomsday. 

Screenshot_20200215-193800_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8b6dc95d97cb25e00ec037fbcee7af6f.jpg

Wow, we smashed them on corners and offsides. Why is everyone so negative.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

awkward and non conformist with no respect for discipline or professionalism

What evidence do you have to support this? 

Remember no one knows what has been said or done to lead to 2 senior players being made unavailable for selection. My point is that leaving them out hadn’t improved things, in fact  the contrary. Managers stand and fall by their decisions. 

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Wouldn't that depend on what they'd done?

Agree. But exile is not grasping the issue with a disiplinary procedure. And assuming Monk is justified because of what they have done, he could fine them or announce that he is making them available to be loaned out.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, victorturner said:

Agree. But exile is not grasping the issue with a disiplinary procedure. And assuming Monk is justified because of what they have done, he could fine them or announce that he is making them available to be loaned out.

It’s likely they haven’t done anything other than disagree with the manager and/or pick and choose when they train to manage their injuries. Can’t discipline people for that hence why nothing happens

Principles can be expensive.

Dawson and Pelupessy in particular need taking out of the team.  Dawson is making gaff after gaff and Joey isn't good enough.  Monk is destroying their confidence by continuing to play them regularly.

Westwood and Hutchinson are ready-made replacements to come back in.  Our team lacks backbone and leadership and these two can bring that to the table.

Westy & Hutch aren't fantastic players.  But Monk is putting our club's future in jeopardy because of an off-the-field issue.  That's both risky and short-sighted IMO.

Monk's 'principles' (as well as his lack of management skills & a potential EFL points deduction) could end up costing us our Championship status.

Edited by Westfield Owl
  • Haha 1