Monk On Hutchinson And Westwood

3 minutes ago, debram said:

what hes doing is not right end of, can anyone argue result wise.

Jos Luhukay's last 10 games, whilst playing awful negative football and stubbornly refusing to pick experienced players :
W1 D2 L7

Garry Monk's last 10 games, whilst playing awful negative football and stubbornly refusing to pick experienced players :
W1 D2 L7

Jos finally gets the push, those players come back in and results instantly improve. Just saying...

Taken from another site but should be shown 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

Jos Luhukay's last 10 games, whilst playing awful negative football and stubbornly refusing to pick experienced players :
W1 D2 L7

Garry Monk's last 10 games, whilst playing awful negative football and stubbornly refusing to pick experienced players :
W1 D2 L7

Jos finally gets the push, those players come back in and results instantly improve. Just saying...

should be gone then

1 minute ago, trevdi9 said:

W1 D2 L7

W1 D2 L7

The results didn’t improve because Hutchinson and Westwood dragged the team to wins, the whole team’s performance lifted.

Therefore I think it’s fair to assume that the issue isn’t their absence but the affect they have on the team. 

We can’t build a football club around whether two ageing pros are happy or not. 

• Like 1

It's all very well making it sound like principled action, but there's nothing in the results since that suggest the rest of the squad are behind him on this.

And you would expect that if these two are such a malign influence.

Hutchinson's out of contract in the summer. This should have been dealt with in the summer. Dealing with it now has not worked, and dealing with it now could only be justified if it had worked.

Absolutely abominable judgement from Monk.

Edited by cowl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Given the circumstances, I thought Monk spoke pretty well after today's game, particularly when pushed on Hutchinson and Westwood's current situation:

I've been 25 years in the changing room. I know what  a successful changing room looks like, I know what the environment looks like.

Every single player knows where they stand.

I know what goes into a changing room and it's not just always football; it can be certain other things: influences, character, all this type of stuff...and I make those decisions on knowing what a changing room looks like, what it needs to be to be successful.

So again, that's a bigger picture thing. People will question am I right doing it in the here and now - who knows?

But at the end of the day, I can't go against what I know is right.

The temptation must be there to bring them back in from the cold in order to preserve his job, but if he feels so strongly that whatever has gone on is bad enough to merit their exclusion from the squad, then surely he has to be admired for taking such a principled stance which he clearly feels is for the greater good of our club?

He carries on picking Dawson we’ll go

down. First thing Bullen did when Jos was sacked was drop Dawson and that says it all for me?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

The same cheerleaders for the failure that is Monk will cheer us all the way to the drop. Is there no point at which they will say enough is enough. Apparently not given they way they steadfastly refuse to acknowledge the facts. We are plummeting down and they plead for more time. Monk is no Ferguson. His time is up. What pray, is principled about taking us down? What is principled about blaming anyone but himself. Not one word of contrition. Not a singe fault of his own acknowledged. Every player watching that car crash of an interview knows Monk will only ever save himself. Everyone is to blame but him. The two Rasputins have dripped poison into the ears of all the other pros. It would be funny if it didnt have have real world consequences. He is destroying a club and needs to go. (of course we all know who the real villain is) but no one can sack him. Owners rarely affect onfield results. Managers do that and yes the club is badly run. But Monk runs the team and he needs to step down.

What is he on about, changing rooms?? Never heard such absolute nonsense. Fletcher said only in november we had the best dressing room he has been in during his long and varied career, Lees the same in the Cardiff programme only in December. 
I tell you what would hack me off in the changing room. We sign a player in Da Cruz who is clearly a mile away from being at this level of football and he walks into a first team shirt. 
Ridiculous situation.

18 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The results didn’t improve because Hutchinson and Westwood dragged the team to wins, the whole team’s performance lifted.

Therefore I think it’s fair to assume that the issue isn’t their absence but the affect they have on the team. 

We can’t build a football club around whether two ageing pros are happy or not. 

no I agree if what is happening is the truth but we are always left with a big if  so have to surmise ourselves  meanwhile we struggle on and could possibly end up where we do not want to be ,and all because of stubbornness either way 

30 minutes ago, 83owl said:

He’s had a more successful career than hutch and Westwood combined. In fact there’s not a player in the squad whose had a career anywhere near monks.

not sure about that bud if wrong stand corrected but reckon Westwood must have more international caps than Monk

The real fans understand. The ones who only care about short term gain are the fans who want these 2 back in, so we can scrape a couple 1-0 against the Barnsley’s and Luton’s, finish in the top half and extend their contacts by another couple years.

Jos wanted them out, the other managers clearly didn’t have the balls, or know how, on how to deal with it

• Like 1

It's just f**king drama isn't it but one thing i will say is GM has put his job on the line to do what he feels is best for the team by shunning these two players and fair play to him but i just doubt whether we will be able to ride out the storm and get to the summer.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

The real fans understand. The ones who only care about short term gain are the fans who want these 2 back in, so we can scrape a couple 1-0 against the Barnsley’s and Luton’s, finish in the top half and extend their contacts by another couple years.

Jos wanted them out, the other managers clearly didn’t have the balls, or know how, on how to deal with it

So Steve Bruce didn't have the balls? And Carlos who was happy to freeze out McGughan and Abdi was too scared as well? I know who's talking balls and who could "deal with it".

15 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

So Steve Bruce didn't have the balls? And Carlos who was happy to freeze out McGughan and Abdi was too scared as well? I know who's talking balls and who could "deal with it".

That’s what these sorts of players do, they act up when things aren’t to their liking. Maybe they respected Bruce? Perhaps Monk has come in and shaked it up tactically and the golden boys aren’t happy. He’s obviously got the tactics awfully wrong as results tell us, but what’s followed tell us more about the characters of hutch and Westwood, than monk 

Edited by FreshOwl