Monk On Hutchinson And Westwood

27 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

A certain ex manger at Man U was   An exponent of this art. Questionable at the time, but stuck to his principles and the rest is history. Lee Sharpe looked a world beater.....Keith Gillespie...Jaap Stam..,they came and went. 

Unfortunately he doesn’t have ready made replacements for a couple of our fans favourites, or a striker that was on fire.

If Hutch and Westwood are not the bad guys in this, why are they the only ones “exiled” - again ?

Ferguson and Monk. Yeah right.

lol

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Why not just pay them up and let them find another club then?

DC has always played the long game.

He told Abdi he was never playing for Wednesday again then proceeded to keep him on the books for a year until his contract ran out. 

Edited by NeonLeon

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

He loaned them both out didn’t he? Weren’t they also quite high earners while you were having FFP trouble? Seems pretty cut and dry to me as to why he froze them out. 

They’ve also not played under Clotet either by the looks?

No stockdale went for something like a two week loan n another short one. We was still paying the wages. 

Even from his time here he was stubborn n arrogant. Fans loved him still because he did a good job under our circumstances. 

Im not saying your two lads are not arseholes, but how would 2 players affect a whole squad that badly? 

Is a strange one because it seems like its manager vs players. 

Que next week. 

Birmingham 0 sheff wed 3...

44 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It has an impact on whether we should have hired him in the first place. He got the benefit of he doubt - something fans aren't giving to the players he's fallen out with. 

He had issues with ex chairmen over financial disputes, not really comparable to this situation is it 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

He had issues with ex chairmen over financial disputes, not really comparable to this situation is it 

Allegations that you'd think would make an owner think twice about appointing him in the first place. But the no smoke without fire theory being used against KW and SH isn't applied to Monk. 

Just now, BrumBlue said:

No stockdale went for something like a two week loan n another short one. We was still paying the wages. 

Even from his time here he was stubborn n arrogant. Fans loved him still because he did a good job under our circumstances. 

Im not saying your two lads are not arseholes, but how would 2 players affect a whole squad that badly? 

Is a strange one because it seems like its manager vs players. 

Que next week. 

Birmingham 0 sheff wed 3...

Not being an arsehole but they aren’t playing under Clotet though now are they?

See the argument at Wednesday about these two is that under another manager they’d be playing. So theoretically if say Monk had frozen Stockdale out but then Clotet chucked him back in, you have a solid comparison.

But also, as others have said, it’s the 2nd time in 18 months a manager has seen fit to freeze them both out. Like I said earlier, lightning doesn’t strike twice.

Just now, rickygoo said:

Allegations that you'd think would make an owner think twice about appointing him in the first place. But the no smoke without fire theory being used against KW and SH isn't applied to Monk. 

Like I said. If you don’t give someone the keys to the car they can’t crash it.

If Monk has been caught nicking chips from the canteen at Birmingham, as long as Chansiri doesn’t serve chips at Hillsborough Monk can’t steal ‘em!

:1276983839_MonkHome:

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Like I said. If you don’t give someone the keys to the car they can’t crash it.

If Monk has been caught nicking chips from the canteen at Birmingham, as long as Chansiri doesn’t serve chips at Hillsborough Monk can’t steal ‘em!

:1276983839_MonkHome:

Yep I can see it. He's probably a shyster but I'll appoint him anyway  - I'll just keep him out of the sweetie cabinet. 

WTF:

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don't think you can compare the two and their managerial abilities. Monk may think he's copying the master. Doesn't mean he has it right. 

I never said it did.

I compared one thing.  Seems like you're just looking for an argument- if you are, argue with the point I made, not one I didn't.

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

What in Jos Luhukay’s managerial career, before or after Wednesday, suggests he’s a pr*ck? 

It's been fun and you may well be right.  My point is without evidence and given the incompetence both managers have shown I am not going to castigate blokes I've admired over the last few years. It's the kind of chap I am. 

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Yeah at the Fans Forum he told everyone that Abdi was telling his Instagram followers one thing and the club physio another.

So he banned him from playing. The only player that was banned at the time he said. 

I never knew that!