Monk On Hutchinson And Westwood

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

You obviously didn’t go to the fans forum when DC asked the fans what they wanted and hundreds shouted back ‘Sack Jos’ the day before he sacked him. 

He got the benefit of the doubt over something DC has sole control over. If you don’t give someone the ability to make the same mistake again, then they can’t make it. 

That was a timing issue. The results were unsustainable. The meeting was a catalyst not a fundamental cause of the sacking. In my opinion of course. 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

A certain ex manger at Man U was   An exponent of this art. Questionable at the time, but stuck to his principles and the rest is history. Lee Sharpe looked a world beater.....Keith Gillespie...Jaap Stam..,they came and went. 

Unfortunately he doesn’t have ready made replacements for a couple of our fans favourites, or a striker that was on fire.

If Hutch and Westwood are not the bad guys in this, why are they the only ones “exiled” - again ?

Because Monk and Jos are useless flaps looking for handy scapegoats?

Edited by rickygoo

6 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Yet people are calling for Monk to be sacked and those two back in the team as if it’ll solve all our problems. 

Are they ? Well Westwood can’t do any worse then Dawson lately can he ? Doubt Hutchinson would make much difference anyway , prefer a fit luongo really . Why exactly is Hutchinson frozen out ?  

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

That was a timing issue. The results were unsustainable. The meeting was a catalyst not a fundamental cause of the sacking. In my opinion of course. 

I’d disagree. I was there that night and DC looked like a man without a plan that had spent the previous months with his head in the sand. 

Just now, billyblack said:

That would mean Hutchinson is bigger than the club, in that case he needs.to go anyway

Nope it means the fans have a focal point for protests against Monk. Hutchinson is going anyway that's why this is all so unnecessary.  I suspect when future histories of Wednesday are written that Hutchinson will be a more admired figure than Monk. I hope I'm wrong and Monk turns into Pep Mark II.  

I love the idea of a no nonsense gaffer getting rid of the deadwood and putting their own stamp on the squad, turning us into a team that doesn’t take any shít in the vision of the manager... but what has Monk done to justify that, really?

We’re the worst form team in the division (and probably the entire football league) and the style of football we play is atrocious — it’s the kind of footy that’s only acceptable if we’re getting results, but we aren’t. There’s obviously a massive job that needs doing in terms of refreshing the squad, but for all Monk talks a good game, he’s done nothing tangible to suggest he’s the right person to take on that job

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Nope it means the fans have a focal point for protests against Monk. Hutchinson is going anyway that's why this is all so unnecessary.  I suspect when future histories of Wednesday are written that Hutchinson will be a more admired figure than Monk. I hope I'm wrong and Monk turns into Pep Mark II.  

Since when do fans views count more than the managers? What has Hutch done to be so admired in his time here? Why is Monk even wrong?

3 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

I love the idea of a no nonsense gaffer getting rid of the deadwood and putting their own stamp on the squad, turning us into a team that doesn’t take any shít in the vision of the manager... but what has Monk done to justify that, really?

We’re the worst form team in the division (and probably the entire football league) and the style of football we play is atrocious — it’s the kind of footy that’s only acceptable if we’re getting results, but we aren’t. There’s obviously a massive job that needs doing in terms of refreshing the squad, but for all Monk talks a good game, he’s done nothing tangible to suggest he’s the right person to take on that job

Id suggest its not what Monk has done but what the players havent done.

Like i said before, DC has to make a choice, to back his players or his manager.

43 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I’ve not heard of any allegations from his time with Wednesday?

I’m aware of stuff that happened at Birmingham and Leeds with younger players, but nothing to do with fall outs involving senior players.

He did fall out with players with us. He completely bombed stockdale &  grounds and a few more. They didn't even make the bench. 

When our fans asked where are they are he just said its his decision & thats it. I asked a few people who work at the club if they was 'bad apples' n got told not at all.

Monk just decided he did not like them and that was it. 

From the outside to me it just looks like he's being arrogant and stubborn & the players don't like him. 

Edited by BrumBlue
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Since when do fans views count more than the managers? What has Hutch done to be so admired in his time here? Why is Monk even wrong?

When the fans turn on a manager it's generally the beginning of the end. It speeds up a sacking. Hutch has been solid and given 100% when he's played. All the recent talk about players lacking commitment - there's no way you can level that at him. 

I have no idea whether Monk is wrong. But I don't automatically assume he's right.  I'm a Doubting Thomas - I want evidence before I put trust in a guy whose dealings with the Birmingham manager this season made him look like a petty individual with very little grace. But we've banged on about this for long enough! He's the manager and he clearly bears a grudge so you win.  It's been a civilised debate though. 

4 minutes ago, BrumBlue said:

He did fall out with players with us. He completely bombed stockdale &  grounds and a few more. They didn't even make the bench. 

When our fans asked where are they are he just said its his decision & thats it. I asked a few people who work at the club if they was 'bad apples' n got told not at all.

From the outside to me it just looks like he's being arrogant and stubborn & the players don't like him. 

Tbf, this is the second time that Hutchinson and Westwood have fallen out with a manger and got booted from the first team squad. 

5 minutes ago, BrumBlue said:

So Westwood and Hutchinson have fallen out with 2 managers.

But Monk has fallen out with 2 groups of players. 

We need a Venn diagram or something.

My best GUESS is they're all to blame.

Edited by rickygoo

5 minutes ago, BrumBlue said:

He loaned them both out didn’t he? Weren’t they also quite high earners while you were having FFP trouble? Seems pretty cut and dry to me as to why he froze them out. 

They’ve also not played under Clotet either by the looks?