Monk On Hutchinson And Westwood

5 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

If Hutch and Westwood are the problem then why have the rest of the squad downed tools, its doesn't make sense.

If they were the bad apples and Monk drops them then the rest of the players should be supportive and grafting for the gaffer.

Truth is, they are coasting through games and doing the bare minimum.

It's also possible Monk lacks the support he needs from the coaching staff, or that the coaching staff are simply not up to the job. He's come into this alone, with none of his own people. 

Bruce's departure left a void of three people on the coaching side, and it appears DC has filled it with just one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, victorturner said:

The top issue is putting a successful team on the field. As a side issue, he ought to be able to discipline miscreants  and move on,  even if he does not pick them. Exile is not good management.

I understand what you are saying but it’s clear that Westwood and Hutch are difficult characters to handle and Monk is in a perilous position. I really feel for him as he is trying to make a stance but it is costing us on the pitch. Reading between the lines it looks like he’s going to stick to his guns and try and improve things without them. I hope that they are the only two who have become exiled and that Winnall, Reach Rhodes etc are all beavering away trying to force their way into the managers reckoning.

The depth of Wednesday’s desperate situation has taken me by surprise, I knew that we were riding our luck here and there but I didn’t see this implosion appearing on the horizon. 

I know that I’m getting old but managers are like policemen now, they all look so flippin young ! Monk isn’t that much older than Westy and Hutch and I’m sure that must upset the alpha male situation . A traditional old Big Ron, Fergie, Shanks type of “ firm but fair” father figure would be useful in this situation.... now, where did I put those Worthers Originals...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobness said:

It's also possible Monk lacks the support he needs from the coaching staff, or that the coaching staff are simply not up to the job. He's come into this alone, with none of his own people. 

Bruce's departure left a void of three people on the coaching side, and it appears DC has filled it with just one.

I do actually find this a bit disturbing

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I understand what he's saying - and in essence he's probably right - but, if the plan was to bin Hutchinson off in Janaury, we needed to replace. That wasn't done, so now he's screwed himself. You can't freeze players out unless you have better or can replace. The results don't justify it even if his reasons do. Chansiri should have told him that after what happened to Jos.

he shouldn't need telling.

6 hours ago, bobness said:

bang on the money

4 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

He needs to take care of the here and now, results come first...………...…………...then bomb them out in the summer if he thinks they are wrong uns.

perhaps he was taking the care of the here and now however the actions which monk considers to be opposed to those required for a successful dressing room not only continued, but got worse

16 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Is this the place where I come for an argument?

Certainly is sir.

We have three packages, silver, gold and platinum.

Silver package gets you moderate disagreements, inane mumbling and a few snarky comments although non hurtful or personal.

Gold, ups the levels slightly. Raised voices and some gesticulating which could in some countries be construed as a personal insult or requests for time with your wife. Personal insults are more rife in this package so it is for the more robust personalities, not much room for sentiments. Not recommended for the ladies.

Platinum is not for the feint hearted. Full on confrontation and generally anything goes. It has been known to lead to rucks in carparks and other municipal facilities. Threats of physical harm are frowned upon but not unheard of. A signed disclaimer is required. Over 18's only.

• Haha 1