Monk On Hutchinson And Westwood

17 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

So tell me about the allegations against Monk.

I’ve not heard of any allegations from his time with Wednesday?

I’m aware of stuff that happened at Birmingham and Leeds with younger players, but nothing to do with fall outs involving senior players.

Just now, NeonLeon said:

I’ve not heard of any allegations from his time with Wednesday?

I’m aware of stuff that happened at Birmingham and Leeds with younger players, but nothing to do with fall outs involving senior players.

Dodgy dealings re players alleged at Middlesbrough and Birmingham. Two different chairman - then Cellino waded in. Monk defended himself - in a way Westwood and Hutchinson can't.

Do allegations from three chairmen mean we shouldn't have appointed Monk? Allegations like these are very rare. I don't recall chairmen making allegations like these against any of our managers that have left.  Is he a bad egg? Or might there be something else going on. Falling out with two - or 3 different chairmen  - doesn't prove guilt. Neither does falling out with 2 managers in my eyes. Especially when those managers are looking for scapegoats.  

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/garry-monk-issues-lengthy-statement-16551204

Just now, rickygoo said:

Dodgy dealings re players alleged at Middlesbrough and Birmingham. Two different chairman - then Cellino waded in. Monk defended himself - in a way Westwood and Hutchinson can't.

Do allegations from three chairmen mean we shouldn't have appointed Monk? Allegations like these are very rare. I don't recall chairmen making allegations like these against any of our managers that have left.  Is he a bad egg? Or might there be something else going on. Falling out with two - or 3 different chairmen  - doesn't prove guilt. Neither does falling out with 2 managers in my eyes. Especially when those managers are looking for scapegoats.  

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/garry-monk-issues-lengthy-statement-16551204

Has zero to do with what goes out on the pitch. We haven’t won 1 in 10 because Monk paid too much for Cyrus Christie a few years ago.

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

I would rather Monk focuses on what goes on during the match than what goes on in the dressing room.  

We are in a free fall right now with no signs of it stopping any time soon.

I truly despair at what is currently going on at this great club. 

What goes on in the dressing room is always going to affect what happens on the field. 

Part of me wants Monk out, part of me wants him to get to summer though and get the poo out. 

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Has zero to do with what goes out on the pitch. We haven’t won 1 in 10 because Monk paid too much for Cyrus Christie a few years ago.

It has an impact on whether we should have hired him in the first place. He got the benefit of he doubt - something fans aren't giving to the players he's fallen out with. 

1 minute ago, Owl 44 said:

Monk isn't going to go back on his decision to sack off Hutch and Westwood. He doesn't forgive and forget. Look how he treated Pep Clotet when he came to Hillsborough. 

I'd forgotten about that. Unbelievably petty. I'd have fined him for that. 

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

The results didn’t improve because Hutchinson and Westwood dragged the team to wins, the whole team’s performance lifted.

Therefore I think it’s fair to assume that the issue isn’t their absence but the affect they have on the team. 

We can’t build a football club around whether two ageing pros are happy or not. 

Can’t see what that has to do with the absolute dross that the players dish up week after week , Monk doesn’t appear to know how to change it that’s nothing to do with Westwood or Hutch surely 

Just now, rickygoo said:

It has an impact on whether we should have hired him in the first place. He got the benefit of he doubt - something fans aren't giving to the players he's fallen out with. 

They got the benefit of the doubt when the fans hounded Jos out of the club?

They've now fallen out with another manager.

And, as I said, how Middlesbrough, Birmingham, etc. chose to handle transfers while Monk was there is their own undoing.

Also who says Monk wasn’t judged by DC on the basis of these allegations? We don’t know that he has anything more than a yes or no say over transfers at Wednesday. He said himself the other week that he isn’t involved in the money side of transfers at Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Can’t see what that has to do with the absolute dross that the players dish up week after week , Monk doesn’t appear to know how to change it that’s nothing to do with Westwood or Hutch surely 

Yet people are calling for Monk to be sacked and those two back in the team as if it’ll solve all our problems. 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

They got the benefit of the doubt when the fans hounded Jos out of the club?

They've now fallen out with another manager.

And, as I said, how Middlesbrough, Birmingham, etc. chose to handle transfers while Monk was there is their own undoing.

Also who says Monk wasn’t judged by DC on the basis of these allegations? We don’t know that he has anything more than a yes or no say over transfers at Wednesday. He said himself the other week that he isn’t involved in the money side of transfers at Wednesday. 

Hounded him out. Yeah right,

He hired  Monk. That says a lot. He got the benefit of the doubt - which is fair enough. 

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Weird all round. So are you saying they should all be sacked?

Nope  - bang heads together and sort it would be my first instinct. Something senior football person at the club should be able to do.  Monk needs more time  - although I'm not optimistic - and the whole squad should be available. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Hounded him out. Yeah right,

He hired  Monk. That says a lot. He got the benefit of the doubt - which is fair enough. 

You obviously didn’t go to the fans forum when DC asked the fans what they wanted and hundreds shouted back ‘Sack Jos’ the day before he sacked him. 

He got the benefit of the doubt over something DC has sole control over. If you don’t give someone the ability to make the same mistake again, then they can’t make it. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Nope  - bang heads together and sort it would be my first instinct. Something senior football person at the club should be able to do.  Monk needs more time  - although I'm not optimistic - and the whole squad should be available. 

The whole squad should be available if adhering to any rules he sets. Otherwise, no. 

2 hours ago, victorturner said:

The top issue is putting a successful team on the field. As a side issue, he ought to be able to discipline miscreants  and move on,  even if he does not pick them. Exile is not good management.

A certain ex manger at Man U was   An exponent of this art. Questionable at the time, but stuck to his principles and the rest is history. Lee Sharpe looked a world beater.....Keith Gillespie...Jaap Stam..,they came and went. 

Unfortunately he doesn’t have ready made replacements for a couple of our fans favourites, or a striker that was on fire.

If Hutch and Westwood are not the bad guys in this, why are they the only ones “exiled” - again ?