Boycott the Man City game

Guest Bulgaria
48 minutes ago, modboy said:

Doubt any world class players will be starting for city or are you on about our Kosovan striker ? 

They will field a world class side.

No doubt.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Yup me too I was looking forward to it for days and they were nothing special . The hardcore season ticket holders are all that go now , and despite the inevitable statement about record sales , they will drop off too 

I think many will not go knowing we are gonna get hammered.

Be great for 10 minutes, then once City score it will be like a library.

This is what annoys me.

I don't really give a flying rats ass about the attendance. Whether certain Owlstalkers attend is less than no consequence to me having a good evening.  Do you honestly think the players know or care if the odd internet warrier shows up or not.

'Some' Fulham fans traveled to Manchester to see them lose 4-0 live on TV and not one person thought this was a disgrace.  Man City have the most expensive squad of players ever assembled. And we are a failing basket case of a club which sometimes puts in performance.  If we put up a scrap then it might be entertaining and rattle some of their younger players.  If we get hammered so what, life moves on and nobody bats an eyelid. But on the other hand it might be fun.

Can't believe people need dragging to watch their team in the FA cup.  You take all this football lark too seriously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Go on then, explain the crowd for this one and why only about 15-16k Wednesday fans turned up for the Everton game

Well for comparison to Everton, we played West Ham in the 2nd round of the League Cup in 2005-06. The attendance was 15,000, so less than the number of Wednesday fans at the Everton game this season.

We also played Everton in the League Cup in 2007-08 - the attendance was 5,000 less than this season.......

We will have to wait and see how many turn up to the Man City game but the fact it is on TV makes a difference.

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

This is what annoys me.

I don't really give a flying rats ass about the attendance. Whether certain Owlstalkers attend is less than no consequence to me having a good evening.  Do you honestly think the players know or care if the odd internet warrier shows up or not.

'Some' Fulham fans traveled to Manchester to see them lose 4-0 live on TV and not one person thought this was a disgrace.  Man City have the most expensive squad of players ever assembled. And we are a failing basket case of a club which sometimes puts in performance.  If we put up a scrap then it might be entertaining and rattle some of their younger players.  If we get hammered so what, life moves on and nobody bats an eyelid. But on the other hand it might be fun.

Can't believe people need dragging to watch their team in the FA cup.  You take all this football lark too seriously.

What is your point?

You don't care if people go in the first part - then you say everyone should be going as it might be fun?

I honestly doubt people won't be attending because they think we might get beat (no one would EVER go then!)

I think its a combination of all the little bad things currently surrounding the club and football that has manifested itself in one game and a lot of people have thought s0d it.

FA cup - lost it's value 

Midweek

Team losing every week

Club in turmoil

Only Season ticket holders supporting the club

It's on telly

It's not cheap

It's a shame it's not a big crowd, of course it is, but the club haven't really read the situation (again!!)

6 minutes ago, torres said:

What is your point?

You don't care if people go in the first part - then you say everyone should be going as it might be fun?

I honestly doubt people won't be attending because they think we might get beat (no one would EVER go then!)

I think its a combination of all the little bad things currently surrounding the club and football that has manifested itself in one game and a lot of people have thought s0d it.

FA cup - lost it's value 

Midweek

Team losing every week

Club in turmoil

Only Season ticket holders supporting the club

It's on telly

It's not cheap

It's a shame it's not a big crowd, of course it is, but the club haven't really read the situation (again!!)

It is £25/£30 for an adult ticket, £15/£20 for oap's and under 21's and £5 for everyone under 17. That's hardly extortionate to see your team play at home against one of the best teams in world football. Even if they play the reserves it will be a squad of players that would likely finish in the top 4 in the PL.

Do those that have complained about league match day prices being too high only want to turn up if we are winning every week? That's not technically how 'support' works is it? I know we are in dire form but for those who have said price is the underlying factor for not going it shouldn't be the case for this one.

3 hours ago, torres said:

Would the pricing have made a difference, say £15 a ticket?

Or just not bothered in general?

Tbh I think it wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference , I’m guessing people aren’t going for the same reason as me . It’s a pretty mundane and fruitless experience going to hillsborough 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It is £25/£30 for an adult ticket, £15/£20 for oap's and under 21's and £5 for everyone under 17. That's hardly extortionate to see your team play at home against one of the best teams in world football. Even if they play the reserves it will be a squad of players that would likely finish in the top 4 in the PL.

Do those that have complained about league match day prices being too high only want to turn up if we are winning every week? That's not technically how 'support' works is it? I know we are in dire form but for those who have said price is the underlying factor for not going it shouldn't be the case for this one.

The part timers have packed the club in sadly  - for one reason or another 

Season ticket holders are fed up of seeing not great performances 

An extra £25.00 for the loyal supporter is pushing it a touch in current circumstances i think

£30.00 to get the not bothered's off their backside for a game thats on telly is just plain pie in the sky  - especially when they haven't made the effort all season 

This game needed a bit of bright thinking  - it could have been done as kind of a ''thank you'' (i know it sounds sickly but it's how i've had done it)

In the end they charged what most other clubs charge for league games  - never going to go well i'm afraid 

47 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

This is what annoys me.

Attendance makes a difference though?

Having 35k there against Arsenal for the 3-0 win made it a different game to only having 21k against Everton this year?

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Tbh I think it wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference , I’m guessing people aren’t going for the same reason as me . It’s a pretty mundane and fruitless experience going to hillsborough 

It's not as though this is something new for us to experience, under Chris Turner we was absolutely awful, already relegated and 24,000 turned up for final game v Wallsall. 

We've kept going before when we've been crap, even crapper than we are now. 

7 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I think the results/performances from Christmas slowed any excitement for the game after the draw was made 

The pricing policy killed it stone dead  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, torres said:

An extra £25.00 for the loyal supporter is pushing it a touch in current circumstances i think

£30.00 to get the not bothered's off their backside for a game thats on telly is just plain pie in the sky  - especially when they haven't made the effort all season 

This game needed a bit of bright thinking  - it could have been done as kind of a ''thank you'' (i know it sounds sickly but it's how i've had done it)

In the end they charged what most other clubs charge for league games  - never going to go well i'm afraid 

£5 for everyone under 17 is a great price to see this game. 

Some may have been lost, a fair few still say their reason for not going is priced based,

Tickets go on sale to everyone on the database that has got any points tomorrow - those that have been before but not in the last couple of years.

Some season ticket holders might be waiting for friends/family who are in that situation so they can get tickets together, I know a couple for whom that's the case. Maybe tickets sales will increase again tomorrow. They don't look terrible now as it stands with a week to go, I reckon there will be a decent crowd.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

£5 for everyone under 17 is a great price to see this game. 

Some may have been lost, a fair few still say their reason for not going is priced based,

Tickets go on sale to everyone on the database that has got any points tomorrow - those that have been before but not in the last couple of years.

Some season ticket holders might be waiting for friends/family who are in that situation so they can get tickets together, I know a couple for whom that's the case. Maybe tickets sales will increase again tomorrow. They don't look terrible now as it stands with a week to go, I reckon there will be a decent crowd.

Kids prices in general are great and i hope more than anyone it's a good crowd BUT the club needed to do that little bit extra for this game and i think they've come up short, when a bit of clever thinking might of put the whole club in a good light on the national scene again.

Edited by torres

41 minutes ago, torres said:

Two things spring to mind if by a thank you, you mean free?

1/ That would mean making a loss as the club would still have all the overheads to pay as per a normal match day. This would put us even more in the red regards P&S.

2/ Don't both clubs have to agree on ticket prices? 

20 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

1/ That would mean making a loss as the club would still have all the overheads to pay as per a normal match day. This would put us even more in the red regards P&S.

Don't think clubs have to agree on the price anymore but there is a minimum price set by the FA from possibly the 3rd round onwards of £10. 

38 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

not free but £15 for season ticket holders wouldn’t have been too much of a stretch for the club 

£20 for others 

We are getting telly money so that would cover most costs 

Would have been positive PR 

• Thanks 1