Boycott the Man City game

3 hours ago, torres said:

What is your point?

You don't care if people go in the first part - then you say everyone should be going as it might be fun?

I honestly doubt people won't be attending because they think we might get beat (no one would EVER go then!)

I think its a combination of all the little bad things currently surrounding the club and football that has manifested itself in one game and a lot of people have thought s0d it.

FA cup - lost it's value 

Midweek

Team losing every week

Club in turmoil

Only Season ticket holders supporting the club

It's on telly

It's not cheap

It's a shame it's not a big crowd, of course it is, but the club haven't really read the situation (again!!)

It might come across as a bit of a mumbled rant but I was at work.  And it comes across as hypocritical but I didnt have time to edit it.

I'm annoyed about the high opinion of some on here thinking their opinion will affect the attendance..As if owlstalk has some kind of sway.

If you don't want to go fair enough, but why would you want to crow about it on the internet.  Kind of strange. Like anyone cares.

I missed my first home game in about five years when FF scored vs Cardiff  (Couple of seasons ago) when my son was born.  They still won & FF didn't even look up at my empty seat when he scored wondering what had happened to me.

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf
3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Tbh I think it wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference , I’m guessing people aren’t going for the same reason as me . It’s a pretty mundane and fruitless experience going to hillsborough 

Yep!

Not too fussed about the price. I just literally haven't got it in me.

Going to the next 3 home games is bad enough without adding an extra bit of suffering in.

2 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Attendance makes a difference though?

Having 35k there against Arsenal for the 3-0 win made it a different game to only having 21k against Everton this year?

They were both in the League Cup weren't they?  

I hate to say it but Arsenal didn't turn up at all that day and probably forgot about it by the next evening.  It was great to see nearly a full house, with families there but I would still have enjoyed it somewhat if there would have been 20k there.   I even went to Newcastle where we genuinely deserved to beat them and it was my first visit there.

I didn't go to the Everton game cos it was an early round League cup game against a mid table Premiership team who had more of an incentive to play a full team.

16 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It might come across as a bit of a mumbled rant but I was at work.  And it comes across as hypocritical but I didnt have time to edit it.

I'm annoyed about the high opinion of some on here thinking their opinion will affect the attendance..As if owlstalk has some kind of sway.

If you don't want to go fair enough, but why would you want to crow about it on the internet.  Kind of strange. Like anyone cares.

I missed my first home game in about five years when FF scored vs Cardiff  (Couple of seasons ago) when my son was born.  They still won & FF didn't even look up at my empty seat when he scored wondering what had happened to me.

I totally agree with you on this. 

Being on here and having no intention of supporting your club I always find as a bit sad and certainly nothing to boast about. 

The sad fact is these kind of people don’t need that much of an excuse not to bother to support the club and unfortunately the club currently give them loads of excuses. 

Even sadder is that these excuses are becoming more valid due to the ineptitude of the club as a whole 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, torres said:

I totally agree with you on this. 

Being on here and having no intention of supporting your club I always find as a bit sad and certainly nothing to boast about. 

The sad fact is these kind of people don’t need that much of an excuse not to bother to support the club and unfortunately the club currently give them loads of excuses. 

Even sadder is that these excuses are becoming more valid due to the ineptitude of the club as a whole 

BANG ON...No winners here...unless theres a miracle...but the ride is always fun

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

3 hours ago, torres said:

not free but £15 for season ticket holders wouldn’t have been too much of a stretch for the club 

£20 for others 

We are getting telly money so that would cover most costs 

Would have been positive PR 

I don’t think Chansiri can spell PR.

and some people on here said £30 was “reasonable pricing” for a match live on BBC1.

8 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

So have all you part timers decided if you’re going yet or not? Make your minds up.

Noticed a few who were making a lot of noise initially are breaking ranks and creeping back in....

Posts like this are more likely to make fan division than a cup attendance..

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

So have all you part timers decided if you’re going yet or not? Make your minds up.

Noticed a few who were making a lot of noise initially are breaking ranks and creeping back in....

Id hardly call ST holders who arnt going " Part Timers "

On 16/02/2020 at 05:28, i used to be sc_owl said:

Yup. Could be humiliating. 

After watching us get beat by Luton 5-1 at home (Malcom McDonald hat-trick included) with a snow storm blowing directly onto an uncovered Kop, I think losing to one of the best teams in the world is palatable in comparison...........watching Wednesday through the seventies allows this.

• Like 1