Boycott the Man City game

36 minutes ago, FARGATEOWL said:

City fans eh ? Carabao cup final tickets ( 3 person) available to anybody who has attended a City match at the Etihad in the past two years.

Can't see them flocking to S6 to be honest.

Can't understand what has happened to their support.

Just had a look at that. To be fair there are only mainly single seat tickets left in the cheapest 2 categories (£40&£56). It then goes up to £72, £90, £100, £125 & £150. Seems a bit steep when you consider how many trips to Wembley they have made recently. 

4 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yes 

And me

Ha fair enough. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but personally I’d say he’s more credibility than the Chansiri apologists.

DC‘S taken us to a position where it looks like we’re struggling to get 20k against Man City.

Even under Dave Allen in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against City in 2007 there was over 28k at Hillsborough 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Just had a look at that. To be fair there are only mainly single seat tickets left in the cheapest 2 categories (£40&£56). It then goes up to £72, £90, £100, £125 & £150. Seems a bit steep when you consider how many trips to Wembley they have made recently. 

Yeah just look at us in the cup final replay in 93. As good as it is to be successful it can be a stretch financially for fans to keep making the trip to Wembley.

And they’ve won the league cup 4 times in the last 7 years so all their fans have already seen them lift it.

They’ll still sell out their allocation at Hillsborough comfortably 

31 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Ha fair enough. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but personally I’d say he’s more credibility than the Chansiri apologists.

DC‘S taken us to a position where it looks like we’re struggling to get 20k against Man City.

Even under Dave Allen in the 3rd round of the FA Cup against City in 2007 there was over 28k at Hillsborough 

Won’t get 20k ......... what planet are you on?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Id say someone who bangs on about Wildsmith getting number 2 shirt and Thai kings and omits praise for hiring Bruce is agenda driven.

Not to mention standing up to the SAG testicles this season.

Others have caused issues as well and fine margins have cost us as well. We never were lucky at footall side. 

I'm getting flashbacks, anyone got any black balloons?

Thing is about a protest, for it to be taken seriously you've got to have a collective idea of what you're protesting against.

If it's just "we'd like to watch a better football team that wins most weeks", then you're in danger of looking a bit daft, as isn't that what everyone wants?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Wall said:

I'm getting flashbacks, anyone got any black balloons?

Thing is about a protest, for it to be taken seriously you've got to have a collective idea of what you're protesting against.

If it's just "we'd like to watch a better football team that wins most weeks", then you're in danger of looking a bit daft, as isn't that what everyone wants?

Goes deeper than that now though and I think you'd be daft not to see it. 

Don't think a protest would do owt tbh. Probably thinks we've been protesting for weeks with how the attendance is on the slide and even then, why would anyone give a f<uc>k when they are about to line up for the Mickey Mouse meet and greet at the other side of the world. 

On 17/02/2020 at 04:03, Plonk said:

Not read the full thread, but what exactly are we protesting at? We’ve cried out for decades for an owner to pump in money. Which he has winningly done. The first two seasons people were queueing up to nosh him off.

he has made two mistakes since with Jo’s and monk. Would things have been different had Bruce stayed? I think it would. Confidence was sky high at the start of the season. There’s one person responsible for the destruction of that optimism and it isn’t chansiri.

Two mistakes? By my estimation he's only made one mistake: buying this club

8 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

There's still a fortnight to game with tickets not going on general sale till tomorrow.  

50 minutes ago, bradowl said:

There's still a fortnight to game with tickets not going on general sale till tomorrow.  

As I said let’s see, I hope I’m wrong and it’s a big crowd.

There’ll be quite a few who turn up to watch City.

But there’s a lot of lads I know who aren’t going who’d normally be up for a game like this

21 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

I know what you mean. We have obviously had worse teams than we have now but i don't know what it is about the current situation but its really knocked the interest out of me. 

Credit on the run of games. Really impressive support... your nuts by the way but i'm sure you already know that. I often think it but the club doesn't deserve the support it gets at times.

You know if you dont go we will sneak a win. Its like the lottery you know it will always be a let down but you cant stop in case your numbers come in! 

Bought tickets yesterday :ghoulguy:

So you can rule out that sneaky win now!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

As I said let’s see, I hope I’m wrong and it’s a big crowd.

There’ll be quite a few who turn up to watch City.

But there’s a lot of lads I know who aren’t going who’d normally be up for a game like this

Same here , I haven't bought one yet and at least 4 others who regularly go haven't , all season ticket holders.