Today Had The Most Yellow Cards This Season

Unbelievable refereeing performance today. 7 Yellow cards were given out, the most David Coote has awarded in one match this season!

In 18 games this season he's awarded a total of 73 Yellows, an average of about 4 a game. So he must have thought today's match was a dangerous feast of foul and abusive attitudes and dirty tackling.

I must say he saw a different match to me.

Is it just me or have the refereeing standards shown a severe decline, particularly at Hillsborough, this year?

• Like 1

He was dreadful. Inconsistent. Nuhiu got absolutely nothing all game, despite often having someone swinging from his back. Got the most basic decisions wrong, gave corners even though they were blatant goal kicks. Some of the bookings were the softest I’ve ever seen. 

Dog rammel. 

15 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

He was dreadful. Inconsistent. Nuhiu got absolutely nothing all game, despite often having someone swinging from his back. Got the most basic decisions wrong, gave corners even though they were blatant goal kicks. Some of the bookings were the softest I’ve ever seen. 

Dog rammel. 

which one of our yellows wasn’t warranted?

Not sure any of our yellows cards were unwarranted.

Iorfa and Bannan's were two poor, mistimed tackles. They were definite cautions.

Reach's was a cynical pull down after losing the ball. Yellow.

Odubajo's were the harshest of the lot. But, if the referee felt he'd deliberately impeded a run off the ball, then it's cynical, and a caution. 

It wasn't the yellow cards that were the problem for Coote yesterday...it was his inability to get basic decisions right. Seemed to have a phobia of giving a free kick for a foul on a big target man, with both Smith & Nuhiu getting nothing, despite constant infringements against them. 

The corner decision in the 2nd half was unreal. He's stood 6 yards away, and fails to see the most obvious deflection off a Millwall player...and then overturns his own decision, when a linesman, stood 40 yards away gives the correct decision. This is a Premier League referee.

I thought the yellows we received were all pretty fair.

However, it seems all Nuhiu has to do is breathe on an opponent and the referee blows for a foul. Equally, it seems opponents can pretty much push him with two hands in the back and it's all fine. I don't really get it.

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

However, it seems all Nuhiu has to do is breathe on an opponent and the referee blows for a foul. Equally, it seems opponents can pretty much push him with two hands in the back and it's all fine. I don't really get it.

This is true. Somebody put a clip on Twitter last night of one of their players running into Nuhiu, falling over and getting a free kick. Nuhiu didn't even move! Yet at times, they were grabbing him round the neck and he got nothing. 

21 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

This is true. Somebody put a clip on Twitter last night of one of their players running into Nuhiu, falling over and getting a free kick. Nuhiu didn't even move! Yet at times, they were grabbing him round the neck and he got nothing. 

I think at some point they were trying to see just what they could get away with. Atdhe was furious at first with the ref then just seemed to be bemused. 

44 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

This is a Premier League referee.

Ah yes but Premier League refs have become accustomed to having VAR to help them out.

A clear example of how VAR is resulting in a decline in refereeing standards.

7 hours ago, Ian_D said:

Players don't care if they get yellows or not otherwise why would they take their shirt off after scoring a goal when its a certain yellow for doing it?

Those were the days... 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1