Spot the difference ...

Support getting older this seems a very bizzare recent argument.  Soon as we get promoted then fans will come back its always been the way and always will be.

Joined Twitter a few months ago and I'm constantly surprised to see so many women in the early twenties to thirties who follow Wednesday both home and away.   At home there seems to be as many kids about as there always has been.

So not convinced yet that this argument that our fans are getting older is valid.

3 minutes ago, Howards back said:

Leicester didn’t sell out their allocation at Brentford today. Pretty poor they couldn’t sell around 1,600 tickets for a Saturday noon kick off when a championship team can sell over 3,000 tickets for a Friday night with all the problems with travel. 

The FA cup just doesn't have the same appeal to premier league teams like it used to. Unfortunate but fact.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Support getting older this seems a very bizzare recent argument.  Soon as we get promoted then fans will come back its always been the way and always will be.

Joined Twitter a few months ago and I'm constantly surprised to see so many women in the early twenties to thirties who follow Wednesday both home and away.   At home there seems to be as many kids about as there always has been.

So not convinced yet that this argument that our fans are getting older is valid.

I'm afraid it's true dude. I think it must have been documented somewhere that we are actually getting older. Not just our fans though; everyone does it day after day after day, FFS. It really is a sad fact of life that all fans are actually getting older.  :image:

Think you’re getting Twitter and Tinder mixed up.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 4

Agree with that. Lots of kids attending matches, the new generation. 

Recently started taking my 7 year old grandson, and he loves it, win or lose. I've got another 3 grandsons who will probably follow suit. One of which is already asking to come at 4 year old, but I'm waiting till he and his cousins are a little older before they go. 

We ain't going to run out of the next generation of fans. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

The FA cup just doesn't have the same appeal to premier league teams like it used to. Unfortunate but fact.

Leicester will almost certainly finish in the top 4, they won't obviously win the league so for a club thats never won the F.A Cup i find that a bit weird given they are probably the best ever Leicester team in their history. 

Win the cup and thats some achievement in the last 3 yrs!

12 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Fans in the Prem saving money by not attending the FA Cup especially away.  

I bet it costs them less to attend every PL away game than it does us to attend every Championship one.

4 fewer games, and a maximum of £30 a ticket. Whereas we have to pay £36 at Barnsley,  £39 Leeds and £40 Blackburn. 

12 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It's true, im getting older each day.

15 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Depends which clubs, Newcastle got 52,000 against Oxford yesterday, more than some of there premier league games, West Ham got 59,000 against West Brom. 

28 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Depends which clubs, Newcastle got 52,000 against Oxford yesterday, more than some of there premier league games, West Ham got 59,000 against West Brom. 

Doesn't look like many interested at the Etihad. Clampdown on tourist movements though.:dry:

• Haha 2