What Is Our Problem Playing At Home?

1 minute ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Ok, let's just have empty seats then.

you are aware part timers are allowed to come when it’s not a play off game or we are at Wembley aren’t you? 

Or do you expect season ticket holders to buy their tickets too, as you quite rightly said they’ll be much happier when the ground is full and only spend money supporting the club out of routine or some silly family ties. 

3 minutes ago, torres said:

you are aware part timers are allowed to come when it’s not a play off game or we are at Wembley aren’t you? 

Or do you expect season ticket holders to buy their tickets too, as you quite rightly said they’ll be much happier when the ground is full and only spend money supporting the club out of routine or some silly family ties. 

No I don't, I've already outlined my suggestion.

I appreciate it won't please everyone but if we continue to do what we've always done... guess what...

There's a pressure for home teams to dominate the game. I don't think we're able to do that, certainly without Fletcher.

We're better suited to counter attacking right now and why we seem to do better away from home where we can sit in and frustrate.

I just don't think we have a team capable of dominating at home as fans would expect.

They're more suited to the classic counter attacking game, which is frowned upon and deemed negative when Monk sets us up this way at S6.

Add to that the pressure that comes from a quiet or critical home crowd and you have a recipe for inhibited performances.

Away from home we are 'allowed' to play to our strengths and have very vocal support.

I know where I'd rather play.

I just don't think we have a team capable of dominating at home as fans would expect.

They're more suited to the classic counter attacking game, which is frowned upon and deemed negative when Monk sets us up this way at S6.

Add to that the pressure that comes from a quiet or critical home crowd and you have a recipe for inhibited performances.

Away from home we are 'allowed' to play to our strengths and have very vocal support.

nonsense 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

so with all this positive atmosphere and perfect conditions away from home what happened at Blackburn, or what about the non performance at Hull, went slightly pear shaped at Stoke and didn’t quite go to plan at Cardiff - all excellently supported by our away fans 

We are a mid table team and therefore our performances will fluctuate from one month to the next 

Home/Away it will be the same until we have a few personnel/attitude changes 

Very little to do with whether jack and John on the Kop frown upon a counter attacking approach 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

so with all this positive atmosphere and perfect conditions away from home what happened at Blackburn, or what about the non performance at Hull, went slightly pear shaped at Stoke and didn’t quite go to plan at Cardiff - all excellently supported by our away fans 

We are a mid table team and therefore our performances will fluctuate from one month to the next 

Home/Away it will be the same until we have a few personnel/attitude changes 

Very little to do with whether jack and John on the Kop frown upon a counter attacking approach 

Just reviewed the stats for this season and we have the same win ratio of 43% in both home and away games.

In 14 home and 14 away games we've actually got 2 more points at home than away.

Our recent poor home form has skewed the stats and I'd be interested to see what our home win ratio was just prior to Christmas - probably much closer to where it needs to be.

Agreed the squad needs attention but the atmosphere at home does nothing to help.

Stock chant from away fans nowadays 'is this a library'

2 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Just reviewed the stats for this season and we have the same win ratio of 43% in both home and away games.

In 14 home and 14 away games we've actually got 2 more points at home than away.

Our recent poor home form has skewed the stats and I'd be interested to see what our home win ratio was just prior to Christmas - probably much closer to where it needs to be.

Agreed the squad needs attention but the atmosphere at home does nothing to help.

Unless you go to every game home and away, I am afraid your opinion is irrelevant to Torres .

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

As it is at all grounds - when the home team are not winning 

Maybe so, but sitting in silence if we are drawing at home isn't helping the team in any way, shape or form.

I blame all seater stadia, its hard to be vitriolic and vocal when you're sat down.

I agree, but as a whole we sit relatively quietly when there isn’t much going on. 

We are mainly there to watch the match, if there is little excitement in the game there isn’t going to be much in the crowd 

That’ll be the same if there is 5 thousand or 35 thousand 

Good games = good atmosphere 

Yet to be at a dull game with a cracking atmosphere 

27 minutes ago, torres said:

I agree, but as a whole we sit relatively quietly when there isn’t much going on. 

We are mainly there to watch the match, if there is little excitement in the game there isn’t going to be much in the crowd 

That’ll be the same if there is 5 thousand or 35 thousand 

Good games = good atmosphere 

Yet to be at a dull game with a cracking atmosphere 

And... 

Good games with high attendance = great atmosphere

The club, in my view, isn't optimising attendences. 

A double whammy in terms of revenue and atmosphere. 

But we are getting off the OP. 

Recent home form is poor and it could be a 'problem' or, as you suggest, it's just a bit of short term  variance in an inconsistent team.

23 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

And... 

Good games with high attendance = great atmosphere

The club, in my view, isn't optimising attendences. 

A double whammy in terms of revenue and atmosphere. 

But we are getting off the OP. 

Recent home form is poor and it could be a 'problem' or, as you suggest, it's just a bit of short term  variance in an inconsistent team.

I honestly think it’s the latter 

16 hours ago, torres said:

I still think the theory behind what DC is doing in terms of percentage difference on tickets isn’t far wrong. 

He’s just set the initial bar too high in terms of season ticket prices 

These multi year things have muddied the waters even more. 

It’s a tangled mess of short term thinking unfortunately. 

Amazing that any fan should think that a 40-50% price hike for a game against Millwall "isn't far wrong"....those waters must be very muddy .