What Is Our Problem Playing At Home?

Guest Ferkorf
3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

They seem to think a feeble hi ho sheff wed and a 30 second clap while sucking on a wurthers is job done. Then it's off back to the Volvo 5 minutes before the end moaning that the team hasn't turned up again.

Time to wake up and smell the Horlicks.

Badly parked Volvo at that.

Slam it half way up kerb so prams can't get passed because they think they can do whatever they want as they have bronze name plates on their seats

1 minute ago, torres said:

I want people to turn up as regularly as possible 

You make it sound like all season ticket holders are millionaires. 

People don’t turn up as much as they can’t be bothered as they can’t afford it. 

Of course football is too expensive and I hate the prices more than anyone and don’t expect people to go to every match but if the 42k that turn up for Wembley can afford that, maybe a few less glamorous games might not be beyond them. 

If it’s your club, then support it - no??

Maybe I expect too much. 

Exactly which bit of that post makes it sound like season ticket holders are..... "Millionaires"?

Season ticket holders that can afford the initial outlay...Like myself...are sorted...for the season.

The "Thousands" who travel to Wembley for finals..are endemic with every football club in the country...Gillingham took 40 odd thousand...Its day tripping and it is a ridiculous way to guage a "Fanbase" on.

People who "Turn up when they want to " are the future of football...cos the rest of us..Me , you and 24'000 others are in thrall to a game that simply rips the P*ss....We can't help ourselves...

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Exactly which bit of that post makes it sound like season ticket holders are..... "Millionaires"?

Season ticket holders that can afford the initial outlay...Like myself...are sorted...for the season.

The "Thousands" who travel to Wembley for finals..are endemic with every football club in the country...Gillingham took 40 odd thousand...Its day tripping and it is a ridiculous way to guage a "Fanbase" on.

People who "Turn up when they want to " are the future of football...cos the rest of us..Me , you and 24'000 others are in thrall to a game that simply rips the P*ss....We can't help ourselves...

I agree they fleece us but it’s a vicious circle 

The loyal lot pay it, the “less bothereds” then see individual matches are too much to make the effort 

You can’t reduce ticket prices as it makes season tickets pointless!!

The only way forward is to reduce the initial season ticket prices 

(which clubs won’t do!) 

Clubs in this county are a disgrace ours very near the top of that list 

I would love nothing more than all tickets to be good value - it’s why I have full admiration for the 20 odd thousand of us that support the club every other week 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, torres said:

I agree they fleece us but it’s a vicious circle 

The loyal lot pay it, the “less bothereds” then see individual matches are too much to make the effort 

You can’t reduce ticket prices as it makes season tickets pointless!!

The only way forward is to reduce the initial season ticket prices 

(which clubs won’t do!) 

Clubs in this county are a disgrace ours very near the top of that list 

I would love nothing more than all tickets to be good value - it’s why I have full admiration for the 20 odd thousand of us that support the club every other week 

You are right....to a certain extent...but come the fag end of the season...or even where we are now...As a season ticket holder...It would not bother me in the slightest..If they filled it up with a fiver a pop..

I paid me money hoping for a decent season...as it rolls on you realise..its same old same old....and you mump about the atmosphere...

So..why not make a bit more money by slashing the prices?..more in more atmosphere...then if it works...guess what?

You get more season ticket holders the next year..etc etc etc...

Be honest Torres..you have probably bought into next season already..as I have...

If we are tearing the league up next year..fair enough...thye crowds will look after themselves...But in times we aren't?

Season ticket holders should be a bit more philanthropic....

8 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Three fantastic away wins on the spin, one against a Premier league team, one at the league leaders, added to fantastic wins at the likes of Boro and Forest, but at home our form and performances are shocking. We are like two different teams. Is it the pressure of playing at Hillsbro? Is it a mental block when we are at home? 

It's so frustrating that we can perform so well on our travels, yet be so poor at home. 

Fear of losing 

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You are right....to a certain extent...but come the fag end of the season...or even where we are now...As a season ticket holder...It would not bother me in the slightest..If they filled it up with a fiver a pop..

I paid me money hoping for a decent season...as it rolls on you realise..its same old same old....and you mump about the atmosphere...

So..why not make a bit more money by slashing the prices?..more in more atmosphere...then if it works...guess what?

Be honest Torres..you have probably bought into next season already..as I have...

If we are tearing the league up next year..fair enough...thye crowds will look after themselves...But in times we aren't?

the reason I wouldn’t do this is due to the fact the majority of seasons end with with a whimper 

so enough people will think, I’m not getting a season ticket because I’ll get 7 games at the end of the season for next to nothing anyway! I’ll gamble and just pick and choose up til then. 

Look after the core customer first, make season ticket holders get that bit extra for a fair bit less. 

Give it a real push, get 25k sold, do offers on pre match drinks, merchandise, outside business ventures etc (like many clubs already do)

This in turn should help the atmosphere, maybe the team do better because of it, the less bothered will think they are missing out, they’ll turn up 

The one decent thing DC has tried to do is make it a season ticket culture at the club, he’s just been way way way off the mark with how he’s gone about it (like most things he’s tried)

19 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Andy nearly every season ticket holder I've spoken to have said that once they have bought their tickets they don't care if POTG get them cheaper if it means getting more people in and new fans coming...it's only the likes of Jerkoff and Farrell who try and troll the season ticket holders

• Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Or Urby Emmanuelson....He stayed for 20 minutes ..then said he was goin' for artex....that was 2 years ago lol

Tony crane plastered my ceiling the other year. At least he was called Tony Crane and looked like the Tony crane that played for us anyway.... lol

At the end of the day, I dont believe a lack of noise from the crowd is the main reason.

Worth remembering that up until this recent slump, we had one of the best home records in 2019.

The fact is that the last three home displays have been woeful and it had nothing to do with the crowd.

Yes, I think Hillsborough is quite a demanding stadium to play in at times. There can be a lack of patience and, even worse, a sense of apathy around the place.

But, despite two decades of largely dross, we still get gates of over 20,000.

Not all those people are turning up to be miserable. 

As we've seen, if we know this team is going places and putting in a shift, then the atmosphere can be amazing. 

Guest Ferkorf
6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Worth remembering that up until this recent slump, we had one of the best home records in 2019.

All jokes aside Monk sets up at home as he does for away games.

Fans blame the players or the atmosphere but its him thats not changing things for home games.

We should be going for the throat at home not fannying about with 1 striker upfront with no support

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

All jokes aside Monk sets up at home as he does for away games.

Fans blame the players or the atmosphere but its him thats not changing things for home games.

We should be going for the throat at home not fannying about with 1 striker upfront with no support

I’m not overly keen on Monk’s tactics, but his hands are tied somewhat No forwards

Edited by gurujuan

51 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Can someone please tell DC. He just doesn't seem to get it.

46 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Andy nearly every season ticket holder I've spoken to have said that once they have bought their tickets they don't care if POTG get them cheaper if it means getting more people in and new fans coming...it's only the likes of Jerkoff and Farrell who try and troll the season ticket holders

Same here Davey.....

Everyone around me on the Kop is a season ticket holder...and we have the same discussion ad nauseum every season...Just fill the f.ookin' place up FFS!

It matters not a jot to me if some bloke is getting in for less than  what I pay come halfway through the season...I KNOW..I'm gonna go.

When something isn't working, you have to fix it..and If the season is panning out to a devil take the hindmost...at least make the stadium intimidating..We don't...

Here we are again...an outside chance of the play offs...and Hillsborough is a bloody morgue...unless summat radical happens early...its "Hi Ho" sit down and lets have a watch.

The view that Hillsborough has no atmosphere anyway..Is a total bloody fallacy...fill it up and it beats most stadia in the country.

Brighton in the play offs..was that just season ticket holders?

Wycombe ??..was that just season ticket holders?

Arsenal... was that just season ticket holders ?

No it was Hillsborough at a reasonable price, in games that mean't sumatt..and it rocked....

Some fans can't afford it...admittedly some can't be ar *ed...subsidise the former...tempt the bloody latter....its all gravy...its all wednesday..its all bloody obvious

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Same here Davey.....

Everyone around me on the Kop is a season ticket holder...and we have the same discussion ad nauseum every season...Just fill the f.ookin' place up FFS!

It matters not a jot to me if some bloke is getting in for less than  what I pay come halfway through the season...I KNOW..I'm gonna go.

When something isn't working, you have to fix it..and If the season is panning out to a devil take the hindmost...at least make the stadium intimidating..We don't...

Here we are again...an outside chance of the play offs...and Hillsborough is a bloody morgue...unless summat radical happens early...its "Hi Ho" sit down and lets have a watch.

The view that Hillsborough has no atmosphere anyway..Is a total bloody fallacy...fill it up and it beats most stadia in the country.

Brighton in the play offs..was that just season ticket holders?

Wycombe ??..was that just season ticket holders?

Arsenal... was that just season ticket holders ?

No it was Hillsborough at a reasonable price, in games that mean't sumatt..and it rocked....

Some fans can't afford it...admittedly some can't be ar *ed...subsidise the former...tempt the bloody latter....its all gravy...its all wednesday..its all bloody obvious

I repeat. Will someone please tell our bloody Chairman to stop dividing us and make Hillsborough the best it can be.

Lunacy to keep going down the same road we are going.

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I repeat. Will someone please tell our bloody Chairman to stop dividing us and make Hillsborough the best it can be.

Lunacy to keep going down the same road we are going.

You lower the season ticket prices on The Kop...and sell them at the same price on the lower Lepp.

For those who prefer the north, south etc cos of the view...thats your choice....

for those who don't mind the flatulence , swearing and the odd hand massage from itinerant concubines...its gravy...

The price of these Kop and Lepp season tickets should simply be slightly less than POTG...I would still get a season ticket if the price was the same....cos I sit next to a non flatulent itinerant concubine............................

• Like 1