10 year season tickets!

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

It reads like a loan to the club until we get promoted then you get a 10 year season ticket.

But in the meantime you still have to pay for a current season ticket as well for the season until we get promoted.

Or as it was called last year the 1867 club.

That's not how it works.  You get each season free of charge until we get promoted and then it counts down from 10.  So if we get promoted in 5 years time you get a 15 year season ticket for £4500 (Kop).

And if we get promoted this season they tack on bonus years at the end, so the MINIMUM you get is 15 years.

Plus, if you decide not to go for a year for whatever reason you can sell that year back.

So, at the very least, you should be getting 15 years of Kop season ticket at just over £300 per season.  Which is a remarkable deal.  If you have the cash to spend up front, and assuming nothing goes wrong with the offer further down the line (which is the same as any long term purchase really).

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It reads like a loan to the club until we get promoted then you get a 10 year season ticket.

But in the meantime you still have to pay for a current season ticket as well for the season until we get promoted.

Sure this is different mate. If we don't get promoted for 20 seasons, then you'd get 30 season tickets for the price of 10.

However, if that does happen, f*ck knows how we'll pay the bills in 10 seasons time!

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't believe you're right. If you look at the chart it shows every year prior to promotion as being "free", so nothing else to pay until promoted

Tbh, it's a good idea although aimed at the wrong market because who on earth can afford that! I'd happily do it though. 

Either I’ve misread the chart or everyone else has. If we get promoted next year you’ll get 1 year in the championship and then the next 14 years as part of the deal. Assuming that all of those 14 years are in the Prem and you sit on the Kop that’s 290 games almost at about £15 a game. 

if we don’t get promoted for 10 years you get all of those years for free AND the next 10 years as well. 

someone explain to me how that’s a bad deal for the fans. If you can afford the ticket in the first place. The mistake maybe not having a financing option

Just now, smhouston said:

I don't believe you're right. If you look at the chart it shows every year prior to promotion as being "free", so nothing else to pay until promoted

Tbh, it's a good idea although aimed at the wrong market because who on earth can afford that! I'd happily do it though. 

Agreed, if fans and the club can afford it then it's a great deal.

My only concern is we don't get promoted in the next 10 seasons, how do we then pay the bills?

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Sure this is different mate. If we don't get promoted for 20 seasons, then you'd get 30 season tickets for the price of 10.

However, if that does happen, f*ck knows how we'll pay the bills in 10 seasons time!

Not many people will take this up so that won't be a problem. I would, but cannot afford it right now and think it is a bit risky, but for people who are well off, I think its a great deal.... if you trust Chansiri to hang around for 10 years and the club doesn't go in admin etc

Just now, northeastowl said:

Because he will sell about 12 of them. I’d rather him just run club properly and not have to think of stupid ideas to try and get money off fans upfront. 

If you break down the costs it's a great deal.  If you can afford the payment up front.  If nobody buys it then it's no loss to the club, as they're not subsidising season tickets for anyone and don't have to manage the admin associated with keeping track of it all.  So it's hardly a mistake either way.

1 minute ago, SalisburyOwl said:

Either I’ve misread the chart or everyone else has. If we get promoted next year you’ll get 1 year in the championship and then the next 14 years as part of the deal. Assuming that all of those 14 years are in the Prem and you sit on the Kop that’s 290 games almost at about £15 a game. 

if we don’t get promoted for 10 years you get all of those years for free AND the next 10 years as well. 

someone explain to me how that’s a bad deal for the fans. If you can afford the ticket in the first place. The mistake maybe not having a financing option

It is a great deal, the only issue is stumping up the money initially.

I don't think people have actually read into this properly and straight away started slagging off the chariman/club.

1 minute ago, SalisburyOwl said:

You're not wrong.  It's a good deal.  As long as the club honours it (and you can be as pessimistic or optimistic about that as you choose).

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

im sure he will explain himself but I’m guessing like me he was hopi g it would phase back out from forward selling to eventually  rebalance the potg pricing.  

quite obviously that is t ever going to happen whilst I have a hole in my arse. 

You've got some letter keys missing. :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

t the very least, you should be getting 15 years of Kop season ticket at just over £300 per season.  Which is a remarkable deal. 

But if the people buying them are ones who would buy a ST anyway it's not great for FFP as the revenue will have to be amortized over 15 years minimum.  Like 1867 it smacks of a touch of cash flow desperation and is of no relevance to the average fan.

And having early bird in January and then threatening us with a price rise is a bit of a mare. It means that even if we get relegated due to EFL points deductions season ticket prices will be going up rather than down - unless he's in the business of partial refunds.

6 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

That's not how it works.  You get each season free of charge until we get promoted and then it counts down from 10.  So if we get promoted in 5 years time you get a 15 year season ticket for £4500 (Kop).

And if we get promoted this season they tack on bonus years at the end, so the MINIMUM you get is 15 years.

Plus, if you decide not to go for a year for whatever reason you can sell that year back.

So, at the very least, you should be getting 15 years of Kop season ticket at just over £300 per season.  Which is a remarkable deal.  If you have the cash to spend up front, and assuming nothing goes wrong with the offer further down the line (which is the same as any long term purchase really).

So how does that benefit the club from a revenue perspective given our revenue stream is pish anyway

2 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Chansiri: I've got a deal which will save you anywhere from hundreds to thousands of pounds over 15 years!

Wednesday fans: Image result for danny devito no

You have to consider what lies behind it. 1867 was a sign of severe financial problems. This smacks of the same.  

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Now the bottom paragraph is a big problem, “assuming nothing goes wrong” 

we are i to our owner for probably around 100 mill already without this years accounts, we are haemorrhaging money with loaded upfron ticket sales, hardly any corporate income and we also have a potential huge problem with the EFL still unresolved !
if you were looking to buy from a company who had these problems and you checked and found they had problems like the above, would you put that money in?  
said it earlier in the thread, anyone who says yes, dm me for my magic beans. 

That's a legitimate concern.  The club have stated a new ownership would be legally obliged to honour them, and I'm not sure there's much else they can do there.  I think the only genuine issue would be administration, and depending how you feel about our situation (and football in general) you'll see that as a small or large risk either way.