10 year season tickets!

Just now, RockieOwl said:

Not many people will take this up so that won't be a problem. I would, but cannot afford it right now and think it is a bit risky, but for people who are well off, I think its a great deal.... if you trust Chansiri to hang around for 10 years and the club doesn't go in admin etc

I'm not so sure. £5,000 loan these days probably set you back £3-400 in interest depending on length of loan and your financial circumstances. It's a small price to pay to lock into a fantastic deal. I certainly would have done that when I lived in Sheffield and had a season ticket, no bother.

Interesting that the deal is limited, which I don't get. Limiting the availability would result in buttons (relatively speaking in football terms) so would it even be worth while from the club?

Still would not surprise me if this was so Mr Chansiri and associates could "buy" a few thousand to invest millions into the club...

it seems to be a good offer if you can afford it. It's a scheme to generate some quick cash, so from the perspective it's concern.  It's not for me as i don't have that sort of cash to spend on something like this. But good on anyone who does and is willing to show this sort of commitment. 

My main issue is the fact the club want us to renew by 10th Feb, off the back of Christmas. Last year the early bird deadline was 1st April.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

So how does that benefit the club from a revenue perspective given our revenue stream is pish anyway

I don't know that it does in any huge way, and that's maybe not the point of it at all.  It's maybe just a way of providing a discounted season ticket that doesn't mean dropping the single year price (which would have a directly negative impact on revenue).

Just now, rickygoo said:

You have to consider what lies behind it. 1867 was a sign of severe financial problems. This smacks of the same.  

At the very most I'd expected we sell 500 of these.

If we're in such a hole that £2.5m determines whether we survive or not, we're fuucked either way. 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

if it goes into administration you wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. I would be dubious of upfront payments like that even without our current predicament. 

Maybe, but that's not what happened at Leeds.  They ultimately honoured the long term season ticket deals that had been offered before administration.

11 minutes ago, smhouston said:

I don't believe you're right. If you look at the chart it shows every year prior to promotion as being "free", so nothing else to pay until promoted

Tbh, it's a good idea although aimed at the wrong market because who on earth can afford that! I'd happily do it though. 

How do we pay the bills in the meantime then as each season we will break the P&S  rules so the season we actual get promoted the EFL will stop us for breaking the rules.

Giving away a free season ticket that costs £5-7k up front, could me in a season or two the club has no money.

This if I am reading it correctly is a bankruptcy plan for the club????

• Thanks 1

Guest The Horse

'It"season ticket time again, Mr. Chansiri. This time, shall we come up with a sensible and time proven season ticket and POTG offering, sir?'

20190508_123347.gif.292a04a91383b96eca684b7809eeeb1c.gif

Seems quite a few are willfully misunderstanding this offer or seeing the 10 year headline and assuming that's all it is without checking the detail.

As I read it it's a lump sum to get your seat for 10 years once we are promoted to the premier league. If we don't get promoted in sat 15 years time then with this you'll have 15 years free season tickets and only then will the 10 years paid for kick in.

Even if we are promoted this year you'll get 15 years for that price as they're offering 5 bonus years in that scenario on a decreasing scale if we get promoted in the next 5 years so it's a minimum of 15 years season tickets for the price of 10 at this year's prices.

Thats actually a really good deal if you've got that kind of money lying around and also expect to be getting an ST for the next 15 years. They've also built in the ability to sell it back season by season if your circumstances change for the original season purchase price. 

The reaction in this thread is just the default anti Chansiri stance from most without actually looking at the full detail but in reality IMO this is a good offer for those in the circumstances to be able to take advantage.....and there is the major issue with this. I doubt very much there are enough people who have both the amount of cash required up front and the level of commitment to the club to take this up. Some will and good luck to them, but this seems a bit to niche to make enough money to make a difference.

The other issue is with the longer term stability of the club and worries as to whether or not this will be fully honoured in the future. An single sentence at the end saying any future owner would have to honour the agreement doesn't quite cut it I'm afraid.

Fair play for the attempt to get more cash into the club up front, this is on paper at least a decent attempt, in reality however I just can't see it having a big enough uptake.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

it seems to be a good offer if you can afford it. It's a scheme to generate some quick cash, so from the perspective it's concern.  It's not for me as i don't have that sort of cash to spend on something like this. But good on anyone who does and is willing to show this sort of commitment. 

My main issue is the fact the club want us to renew by 10th Feb, off the back of Christmas. Last year the early bird deadline was 1st April.

I'm sure deadline has been extended on last two occasions. I bet it gets extended again till end of February, announced on morning of Feb 10th.

If I had a couple of million I'd buy about 22 thousand of the seats in the ground on a 10 year deal then rent them out season by season and you would make a huge amount if we didn't get promoted in the next 5 or so years.

Maybe an idea for dragons den?

Edited by flo

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

and you would take a risk with your 5K? 
I don’t know the Leeds situation but if people want to put themselves in that position then they can’t grumble if and when it happens. 

for me it’s like everything else we do, it makes no sense but that seems to be a running theme

If I had the money I'd buy one, yes.  Over 15 years at current prices it's over 2k saved.  You can lose more investing that money on the stock market with much less enjoyment.  I use the word enjoyment loosely.  :duntmatter:

Edited by oz_owl

1 minute ago, flo said:

If I had a couple of million I'd buy about 22 thousand of the seats in the ground on a 10 year deal then rent them out season by season and you would make a huge amount if we didn't get promoted in the next 5 or so years.

Maybe an idea for dragons den?

And in 10 years the club would be effectively income free apart from POTG, TV money, pies and scarves!

6 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

But none of the cash can be released into the account until the criteria's are met being promotion to the premier league so the club will have to hold the money and not use it like a landlord with a deposit until the criteria being promotion is achieve.

his is no way help P&S and potential makes it even worse as the club will have less revenue coming in each season from ticket sales and POTG will be zero sales.

I honestly cannot see anything good coming from this than our club eventually going bust and each season until then we will break P&S rule getting a points deduction and no promotion.

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

So all it achieves is to lock in high prices. I vote no. 

That's a far more valid complaint than anything anyone has raised so far.

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Yeah. I agree. Another hair brained DC money making scheme.

But you just agreed it won't make much money?

4 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'm not so sure. £5,000 loan these days probably set you back £3-400 in interest depending on length of loan and your financial circumstances. It's a small price to pay to lock into a fantastic deal. I certainly would have done that when I lived in Sheffield and had a season ticket, no bother.

Interesting that the deal is limited, which I don't get. Limiting the availability would result in buttons (relatively speaking in football terms) so would it even be worth while from the club?

Still would not surprise me if this was so Mr Chansiri and associates could "buy" a few thousand to invest millions into the club...

There is also the fact that kids / concessions are not included, and factor in we have what …. 15,000 season ticket holders? I reckon we would be lucky if 5% took this offer up.

I think a few people would be able to get 0% for a credit card which provides cash - I probably could, but am saving for a wedding so its a no from me but I just can't see many people wanting to put that much money up front even if it does look a solid deal, but I also still think its a risk. A couple of years is a long time in football. Who knows what will happen to the club or the EFL and the rules they create. I am one of those "idiots" that bought 1867 (1 year) so am now paranoid that my money will be lost if Chansiri pulls the plug and we go into admin or something.

However if anyone has done a 5 year season ticket before and would do again, then this is a much much better deal

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

How do we pay the bills in the meantime then as each season we will break the P&S  rules so the season we actual get promoted the EFL will stop us for breaking the rules.

Giving away a free season ticket that costs £5-7k up front, could me in a season or two the club has no money.

This if I am reading it correctly is a bankruptcy plan for the club????

It's a good deal from a fans point of view. The only risk being they aren't honoured in some way

The long term financial stability of the club is a fair point although as southport said, if raising a couple of million is difference between us surviving / going bust, then we are screwed anyway

It's just an attempt to quickly try raise cash for us to invest in a promotion push this season though because DC not allowed to invest anything