BREAKING - Club Statement

5 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Following a guy on twitter who’s involved in football finance, seems to know his stuff. 

He claims it all revolves around documents exchanged around July last year between EFL and us. Also claims the 2 ex directors who have been charged, are furious as they were under assumption they had assurances from EFL that the clubs actions were above board. 

So what's the bloody twitter name? Jeez got to bled stuff out of people

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

“The EFL considers the claim bought by the club to be entirely without merit and is seeking an early determination to enable the disciplinary proceedings to continue”

This reads to me like a crazy person (SWFC) making up some unjustified bullshiiit in order to halt the inevitable happening 

Or maybe someone who actually thinks they have a case, are unwilling to just submit to bullying and are willing to stand up & fight.

If at the end of the day we lose, so be it, we re group and go again, we would have got fu***d anyway regardless.

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So what's the bloody twitter name? Jeez got to bled stuff out of people

Calm down dear. 

There’s actually a couple worth following, first one is a Wednesday fan who comes on here and is very knowledgeable about the game

‪@ploehmann ‬

‪@FootballLaw ‬

‪@KieranMaguire ‬

26 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

It was but over the three years theoretically we could still have (and with the ground sale we did) got the overall figures down.  It could almost be described as preemptive punishment. 

Mm,

But according to the efl

'"As we have indicated previously it would therefore be inappropriate to make any further comment on this matter or related matters other than to reiterate, once again, that the EFL's robust and comprehensive investigation fully justified the issuing of multiple charges of misconduct,"

So how come no embargo, especially as they seem very confident..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Or maybe someone who actually thinks they have a case, are unwilling to just submit to bullying and are willing to stand up & fight.

If at the end of the day we lose, so be it, we re group and go again, we would have got fu***d anyway regardless.

Bullying? :laugh: our fans do need to stop with this agenda nonsense, like the rules apply to everyone else but us. 

When you break the rules you accept the consequences, it’s as black and white as that. Anything else is fabrication.

It’s almost like some on here think the EFL had the 24 championship teams in a hat and picked out us to target. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

another poster who can’t post anything apart from digs at other people. I bet you got picked on at school and can only have a pop at people on forums. It has all the trademarks 

no, actually I did the picking on, not something I'm proud of, but at least it came in to prove you wrong again!

15 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Following a guy on twitter who’s involved in football finance, seems to know his stuff. 

He claims it all revolves around documents exchanged around July last year between EFL and us. Also claims the 2 ex directors who have been charged, are furious as they were under assumption they had assurances from EFL that the clubs actions were above board. 

I was following a guy on Twitter, seemed to know his stuff.

Told me Corbyn was definitely going to win by a landslide. 

• Haha 2

I genuinely don’t understand anyone on here with the view that we should role over and accept an EFL punishment. Even in the event the club feels its position is tenuous, fighting still represents our best chance of a favourable outcome IMO.

Also, I just wonder if this will be a catalyst for a bigger fight. The EFL may argue it’s rules are there to safeguard clubs but they are clearly unable to achieve or even police this effectively. The reason, well they clearly stifle and restrict competition. In many ways it’s like an employment contract that looks to prevent you taking a better paid job with a competitor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Calm down dear. 

There’s actually a couple worth following, first one is a Wednesday fan who comes on here and is very knowledgeable about the game

‪@ploehmann ‬

‪@FootballLaw ‬

‪@KieranMaguire ‬

Thanks but got fed up of waiting so did it myself

Clear your browsing history

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

When you break the rules you accept the consequences, it’s as black and white as that

When did we break the rules?

If we did, no probs.

If we didn't, the efl are taking the pisss, yep bullying in plain English.

I'm still on our side whatever happens

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bukta said:

Posts like this make me laugh. How on earth do you think he can simply pull the plug and get a fraction of his money back? If you come anywhere near close to explaining this can we be future business partners? 

Ever heard of cutting your losses?

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Gonna be some reyt casualties over the next few years should the Efl continue like this. 

1 hour ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Couldn't agree more, six or eight teams facing points deductions and three quarters of the league under embargo. 

If the EFL keep this up they'll lose all their members.

I don't think the EFL have thought this through

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Calm down dear. 

‪@ploehmann ‬

‪@FootballLaw ‬

‪@KieranMaguire ‬

Maguire knows jackshit

58 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well the facts are that Milan said we were losing £6m a year under him and that’s before investment. And our highest finish in those three seasons was 13th, and we came nowhere near challenging top 6. In fact, you can take that further back and say we never once challenged the top 6 at any time between 2000-2015. So that’s what no investment looks like.. investment got us FF, Hooper, Fletcher, Bannan, Wallace et al and they got us in the play offs but fell short. So I don’t think it’s bullshit to think that without investment we wouldn’t have made it. This has been done before, but there aren’t any clubs made it up without any money to spend at all.. either parachute payments, player sales or rich owners have always funded it. 

And surely you realise that losses are sunk costs? We aren’t borrowing from external sources so the £65m or whatever we’ve lost is gone now with or without Chansiri. What is relevant is the clubs commitments on the wage bill vs the value of the squad. And we look fine in that department, we’ve already cut costs.. plus most of the contracts are now 1-2 years from expiry so we aren’t committed to paying big wages for 3-4 years anymore. If we had to sell off the whole squad tomorrow for whatever we could get and pay up the rest of the squad who nobody wants, that number would be a positive figure. So you’re just scaremongering about the club being on the verge of going under for no reason 

it's the blunt and basic maths of the situation that the fans don't understand, or overlook.

the easiest thing to remember is the old saying of 'how do you get a small fortune from running a football club?, start with a large one'

it'd not the sixties anymore, it's not down to your attendance, it's the other bits too, and wednesday have been doing them non too well.

IF dc hadn't stepped forward, who would have? 

how would they have gone about it?

hindsight is 20/20, but I didn't see many with tears in their eyes when the buying was going off, they were too busy singing 'CARLOS HAD A DREAM'.

the good days were thin, and short, it maybe time for the rough to return, maybe not, who knows?

it's a good job some of our present support weren't about in the 70's when 'save our owls' were on, or they'd have beaten someone with a collection bucket to death in a blind panic.

42 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I never said they were my business. But without knowing their nature it’s impossible to know what on earth this is all about. Which was my point. It’s all speculation. 

yup! and best left alone, it's not our business, it's dc's, all we can do is wish him well.

15 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Mm,

But according to the efl

'"As we have indicated previously it would therefore be inappropriate to make any further comment on this matter or related matters other than to reiterate, once again, that the EFL's robust and comprehensive investigation fully justified the issuing of multiple charges of misconduct,"

So how come no embargo, especially as they seem very confident..

Yep. I was certain we’d already be under embargo, surely it’s the first step? And yet we aren’t......makes you think