BREAKING - Club Statement

22 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

No one could possibly know.

Who had heard of Chansiri prior to his buying the club.

Business men would never make their intentions known & as the club is not for sale anyway, no one would be in the frame as imminent buyers. 

the point I’m making is the club is now completely unsustainable without c £15m a year to keep us where we are.

and an owner who would probably want some money for the club - including the stadium he owns.

do you think we’re the same proposition we were when DC bought in? 

no chance.

6 minutes ago, ka58 said:

the point I’m making is the club is now completely unsustainable without c £15m a year to keep us where we are.

and an owner who would probably want some money for the club - including the stadium he owns.

do you think we’re the same proposition we were when DC bought in? 

no chance.

Or... He might develop revenue streams from other (relevant) directions.  

Did the club pocket the profit from the strips (those sold home and abroad) or did it go straight into the owners pocket. 

Catering.. Same question

Ground tours (now that its owned by mr Chansiri)... Same question. 

Corporate days/events... You get the gist

16 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Did the club pocket the profit from the strips (those sold home and abroad) or did it go straight into the owners pocket. 

Catering.. Same question

I don’t get the gist.

what do you mean?

27 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Catering.. Same question

10 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I don’t get the gist.

what do you mean?

I think (I could be wrong) he is trying to imply the owner is pocketing the money from the items list whilst at the same time putting £15m in each year. 

a) why would he do that, the amounts those things make are negligible compared to the £15m

b) it would show up in the accounts. 

The pre cursor to most people’s arguments are that the efl are some incompetent outfit that don’t know what they’re on about.

that may or may not be true.

what is true is that save for our ground sale we are outside ffp. Mainly down to bad management and some bad luck.

the only argument is if the ground sale is legit - pretending they efl are corrupt and we’re whiter than white is irrelevant.

9 hours ago, Anlaby Owl said:

What debt? I haven't seen anything from the club or the EFL saying we are in debt.  We overspent on the EFLs rules but as far as i can tell though the club is running at a defecit, this has been covered entirely by its owner.  Indeed from what has been made public mr chansiri is far from on the bones of his bum. 

DC does not have the money to burn £15-20million a year in losses. 

It’s the sort of scenario that got us to the brink last time. Poor financial management 

Although the FFP rules are probably not fit for purpose, the intention of the rules is to stop clubs running in an unsustainable manner 

41 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Catering.. Same question

All of these things you mention probably account for under £1million a year. 

We are crap at gaining from other revenue streams; how many people go on the stadium tour? If it’s over 250 people per season, I’d be surprised. 

Hillsborough is in the wrong location to do much

29 minutes ago, Rogers said:

We are crap at gaining from other revenue streams; how many people go on the stadium tour? If it’s over 250 people per season, I’d be surprised. 

50000 shirts worldwide. Lets say they cost £2 each to make and another 50p shipping.  The overall profit margin would not nearly cover the entire yearly investment but would reduce those costs significantly. 

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Wouldn't surprise if there is a new Premier and clubs will be invited to join.  Not that I'd be in favour of it but Sky etc would rather sell Wednesday V United than Bournemouth V Burnley

Doubt very highly that eufa would sanction a league formed on those terms,which would harm the league above it,namely the prem as it has to have functional promtion and releagation to comply,so the prem would veto under those terms

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/listed-owners-every-championship-club-13778193.amp

Don’t know how accurate this is, but it says his net worth is £520m. He must have already funded losses of about £100m by the end of this season (£65m to July 2018 then whatever we lost last season and this), and also paid around £40m to buy us in the first place. So he’ll have been here 5 years and he’s in for £140m.. more than a quarter of his net worth.

Would imagine his family will be unhappy with his situation.. but he’ll also know that we could always get in the play offs and go up and he’ll get it all back. But there must be a limit to how much he can put in.. I can’t see him wanting to write off the money so the pragmatic approach we’ve seen over the last year to 18 months is probably here to stay.. don’t think we’ll be risking another spending splurge even if we’re allowed

The Forbes rich list, has his father and families combined wealth at $720m, dc is a minor shareholder and non board member of TUG. As for dc's personal wealth, who knows but it's  £100m less than it was. 

Makes me laugh when people quote things like, dc's a billionaire, he runs/ owns John west. 

9 hours ago, Rogers said:

Not what some want to hear it the unpalatable truth is Hillsborough is not fit for purpose in the modern game especially the catering facilities.

As for the EFL we've thrown them a bit of a curveball. They are used to clubs saying sorry sir won't happen again sir. Instead we've hit back.

10 hours ago, Rogers said:

How many football grounds are in the right location? To name just a few Anfield, Goodison Park, Old Trafford, Elland Rd, Villa Park are not on the middle of their cities and are not situated in what would be considered thriving areas.

Edited by kobayashi