BREAKING - Club Statement

14 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

No, you miss my point.  :laugh:

When i refer to bullying, i'm not solely referring to us, i'm more talking about the EFLs bullying, hectoring attitude. This seems a million miles away to how the Premier league relates & indeed looks after its 'members'.

It appears more & more the EFLs sole purpose is to inflict difficulties & hardship on the clubs under its stewardship whilst failing totally in checking the suitability of would be owners as in the Bury fiasco.

Your assertion that "they broke the rules" is too simplistic. Are you saying we broke the rules re P&S or in the selling of the ground, because if the ground sale WAS proven to be legal, then we didn't break the rules re P&S. 

I would say it's far from "black & white" and anyone suggesting we just accept their draconian punishment without a fight is just assisting them in fu*king us over. 

Fair enough. If we haven’t done anything then nothing to worry about then is there? We won’t be punished for anything we didn’t do. 

30 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it's the blunt and basic maths of the situation that the fans don't understand, or overlook.

the easiest thing to remember is the old saying of 'how do you get a small fortune from running a football club?, start with a large one'

it'd not the sixties anymore, it's not down to your attendance, it's the other bits too, and wednesday have been doing them non too well.

IF dc hadn't stepped forward, who would have? 

how would they have gone about it?

hindsight is 20/20, but I didn't see many with tears in their eyes when the buying was going off, they were too busy singing 'CARLOS HAD A DREAM'.

the good days were thin, and short, it maybe time for the rough to return, maybe not, who knows?

it's a good job some of our present support weren't about in the 70's when 'save our owls' were on, or they'd have beaten someone with a collection bucket to death in a blind panic.

I was around in the 70s and I think Chansiri has run the club poorly. 

26 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

No, you miss my point.  :laugh:

When i refer to bullying, i'm not solely referring to us, i'm more talking about the EFLs bullying, hectoring attitude. This seems a million miles away to how the Premier league relates & indeed looks after its 'members'.

It appears more & more the EFLs sole purpose is to inflict difficulties & hardship on the clubs under its stewardship whilst failing totally in checking the suitability of would be owners as in the Bury fiasco.

Your assertion that "they broke the rules" is too simplistic. Are you saying we broke the rules re P&S or in the selling of the ground, because if the ground sale WAS proven to be legal, then we didn't break the rules re P&S. 

I would say it's far from "black & white" and anyone suggesting we just accept their draconian punishment without a fight is just assisting them in fu*king us over. 

Given we don’t know the basis of the evidence there’s no validity in any assertion really. It’s a hindsight only job. 

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Have you not seen a pattern emerging from our owner yet? It seems using common sense and sensible business plans

plans and sensible business, does not apply in the football world..fans would get reyt mardy...might even start chanting..out..out..out.

Kin...ell, some get reyt pisssed off if big dave is playing instead of messi

:biggrin:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

He might do if he considers £130m a stake he can afford to loose but what would be the point?  If things got to that stage it would be just as easy to keep running the club but at a slight profit (just by cutting the investment). Ok he might not make his money back doing this but there'd be a chance and he would be no worse off financially than if he cut and ran. To be honest i think £130m suggests he is in it for the long haul. 

keep running the club at a slight profit?

you think we can get the club back to legitimate profit and still stay or at least compete in the division? No chance. 

But - Let’s say he gets us to a £5m yearly profit - then he only needs 25 years to get his monty back..... 

or he sells the club but wants say 50% of his money back - then we need a buyer to put in c £65m and then take on a club posting 3 yearly losses of c £40m. 

complete mess.

Edited by ka58

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

do you have to apologise twenty five times on here for saying not one and finding out there wasn’t legions? 

I will guarantee I’m the only one who would ever apologise even when it isn’t warranted on here because most posters on here can’t ever see anyone’s views except their own. 

Sorry, but I've apologised on the rare occasions when I've made an error.

13 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Have you not seen a pattern emerging from our owner yet? It seems using common sense and sensible business plans and exit plans are not the norm, what is the norm is fighting g everyone and everything in and outside the club. 

as for being business partners I’m afraid I will skip that because anyone who thinks what we are doing is sustainable and will end in anything but tears isn’t fit to be in business. 

if you want reasoning as to why I think that go and read the sensible posts I have made in numerous other topics about why he could do that and why the removal of the only tangible assets we have could be so important if things go belly up. 

Nothing in football is sustainable anymore. The whole set up will explode before long. Its all about money and greed, it stopped being about football years ago. 

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

do you have to apologise twenty five times on here for saying not one and finding out there wasn’t legions? 

I will guarantee I’m the only one who would ever apologise even when it isn’t warranted on here because most posters on here can’t ever see anyone’s views except their own. 

No you don’t have to apologies twenty times. Maybe just don’t make out people are somehow doing something wrong for providing the evidence you asked for. 

Guest Theboylangers
7 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

I've not seen the 'post not poster' message for a while! 

Post not poster.

Didn't want to disappoint.

lol

2 minutes ago, ka58 said:

keep running the club at a slight profit?

you think we can get the club back to legitimate profit and still stay or at least compete in the division? No chance. 

But - Let’s say he gets us to a £5m yearly profit - then he only needs 25 years to get his monty back..... 

or he sells the club but wants say 50% of his money back - then we need a buyer to put in c £65m and then take on a club posting 3 yearly losses of c £40m. 

complete mess.

Yes that is all correct and i agree theres not much chance we would be able to compete in this division without the 'loan/investment'.  Youve said this yourself but this is all the more reason why we should be gratefull that mr chansiri is willing to keep throwing some money at it.... 

The middle and last bit i don't quite understand but ill take a stab.  If he sells so what? He is only going to get what someone is willing to pay and i wouldnt imagine that would include the clubs debt to mr chansiri.  It would be like buying a cornish pastie and when you get to the till you find theres another £60mil added to the price. 

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I can’t take any of this post serious if you think owing our owner isNt debt ffs.  But I will try. Again......

if you think losing 6 million a season is worse than losing rough average here 25 million per season then I’m lost 

as fr I proving positions because of that we finished 6th, 4th then 15th and 12th. So we are right back where we started when Milan left us but probably about 100 mill out of pocket and no stadium in the clubs name. 

it is bullshit that we don’t know if we had been more savvy that we wouldn’t have gone up , see above we spunked near or around 100 mill during this period and are no further forward this year we cut back and we’re more savvy in our signings and we are 4th..... so what do you think is better spunking 100 mill or spending pretty much nothing? 

as for sink losses are you saying Chansiri is writing off this debt? If so please point me to where this is because if so I don’t give a fizz what he spunks..... if he is saying he will write off any investment to our club if he spends a billion I don’t give a fizz.  What I do give a fizz about though is us not neglecting future revenue streams and getting commercial operations in order and not forward selling season tickets t9 fund our gambles because if the time comes where we are scrambling to find a new saviour all this means we are less like

y to find one.....,,

now if we need to sell the entire squad as you say or indeed get them off the wages we are left with probably worse than what we had with Milan but still owing Chansiri a boat load of money.  And we have no ground. 

All debt isn’t equal though. If we owed the money to an external creditor it would be extremely worrying, but we don’t, we owe it to the guy who owns 100% of the equity. There are multiple ways in which an owner can put capital into a business. He could have put it in as equity and in that case I’m sure you wouldn’t have a problem. But the reason he’ll have done it as a directors loan is because there are probably tax advantages to doing so when it comes to paying money back out should we actually get the PL windfall. In practice it makes no difference... because it’s open ended with no repayment plan. And even if he could he wouldn’t wind up the company to repay the loans because it’s worth more as a going concern. None of it is worth very much at all in comparison if you don’t also assume there’s a Sheffield Wednesday football club alongside it. So we’re safe on that front

We aren’t right back where we started under Milan though. We’re 5th in the league and have a far better squad now than then. Last couple of seasons were a disappointment with the injuries and Jos but the basis of a top half to top 6 team is still there. The stadium thing would only be an issue if someone else buys the club and a third party owns it.. but who would buy the club off him without having the stadium included? They wouldn’t, so again it’s not an issue

Agree re revenue streams, what we’ve done with the fake companies has stifled real revenue streams. But that’s a side point.. the club is being run season to season hoping to get promotion and the EFL is one of the causes of the short termism problem

was only making the point about the squad having a positive value if the worst came to the worst and Chansiri pulled the plug tomorrow, not because it’s a serious proposition. We’re fine financially.. it’s the rules which are killing us