BREAKING - Club Statement

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

see you even got a little green one there because of the comment at the bottom, that I ageed with lol serious though I have done that since dot one of being on here it’s simply a disagree mark so do t take that personal. 

I once added 'neg away' to a post... 

You all did :duntmatter:

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Yes that is all correct and i agree theres not much chance we would be able to compete in this division without the 'loan/investment'.  Youve said this yourself but this is all the more reason why we should be gratefull that mr chansiri is willing to keep throwing some money at it.... 

The middle and last bit i don't quite understand but ill take a stab.  If he sells so what? He is only going to get what someone is willing to pay and i wouldnt imagine that would include the clubs debt to mr chansiri.  It would be like buying a cornish pastie and when you get to the till you find theres another £60mil added to the price. 

I’m not grateful at all it’s a disgrace.

So if there isn’t anyone to pay to buy us we will have to strip the budget down to a point where we will be incapable of competing or he will have to burden similar year on year losses.

i wouldn’t have thought the latter is likely.

or he will have to keep throwing money at it - but at the ongoing and present risk of falling foul of ffp - mess.

25 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

look we obv disagree on a lot of things but I would never stifle your views or try to stop your opinion. Will I argue my point Agassi t it fizz yeah I will but pleaseeeeeeee do t get into this silly negs testicles fella. It’s called disagree button, so because I disagree with your posts I press the disagree button , again let’s not get i to this again because I use it to mark I disagree that’s it, there is t anything else to it than that lol 

I fully understand how (& why) the "negs testicles" thing works, and without labouring the point, if you're in a full blown debate with someone your/ their views are clear & transparent for all to see, which in turn makes the "disagree" button largely irrelevant and (if you don't mind me saying so) not really the done thing. Otherwise we sink to the depths of Twitter.

Edited by bigthinrob

Just now, ka58 said:

So if there isn’t anyone to pay to buy us we will have to strip the budget down to a point where we will be incapable of competing or he will have to burden similar year on year losses.

or he will have to keep throwing money at it - but at the ongoing and present risk of falling foul of ffp - mess.

Or the most likely option that in future he keeps us hovering just below the limit and we plod along and maybe get the playing staff right eventually. 

If we are going to get a punishment post-feb it'd make sense to do the summer spending Monk would want now instead.

It'll be more costly as nobody will be on a free just yet but means we aren't stuck in the summer plus Monk gets half a season plus pre-season to settle them in.

Pedersen a great signing by him at Brum, couple like that will do. Can see us spending £10m+ especially with several wages dropping off end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Or the most likely option that in future he keeps us hovering just below the limit and we plod along and maybe get the playing staff right eventually. 

so still losing c. £30m every 3 years.

not very good business.

Guest Ferkorf

I'm amazed at how many owlstalkers are accountants and solicitors today.

Jesus wept! Just when I had most of you down as call centre operatives and labourers you raise the bar again!

Lovely job Lump away!

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

so still losing c. £30m every 3 years.

not very good business.

No its not & thank heavens this isnt you or me (well me anyway :biggrin:) but it isnt your money or my money, its some bloke who earns more money in ten seconds than we (probably) do in our lifespan.  If he wants to wipe his tushy on £50 notes it doesn't effect either of us and the same applies to his loan to the club... Only we could benefit from the latter

3 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

No its not & thank heavens this isnt you or me (well me anyway :biggrin:) but it isnt your money or my money, its some bloke who earns more money in ten seconds than we (probably) do in our lifespan.  If he wants to wipe his tushy on £50 notes it doesn't effect either of us and the same applies to his loan to the club... Only we could benefit from the latter

my concern is - he will get fed up of doing it.

which he said he had done just last year.

so in that scenario we could be left with a club being run on a shoestring and/or up for sale at a price no one is willing to pay.

the alternative of course would be someone with a semi sustainable business model seeking year on year improvement to ultimately get to where the club wants to be - with a united and enfranchised fan base using the most efficient use of the clubs brand and resources to help that improvement along the way - but it doesn’t look like that’s ever going to happen unfortunately.

Just now, ka58 said:

my concern is - he will get fed up of doing it.

which he said he had done just last year.

so in that scenario we could be left with a club being run on a shoestring and/or up for sale at a price no one is willing to pay.

the alternative of course would be someone with a semi sustainable business model seeking year on year improvement to ultimately get to where the club wants to be - with a united and enfranchised fan base using the most efficient use of the clubs brand and resources to help that improvement along the way - but it doesn’t look like that’s ever going to happen unfortunately.

None of us really knows what the future holds.  Maybe your suggestion is plan B, well develop the youth set up and run the club like 'brentford' though personally id prefer us to keep having the odd 'gamble'.  

36 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Two points. 

One, is that there obviously isn't one individual on this planet other than DC who could possibly finance us.

Two. You assume that FFP will always be with us or pitched at the ridiculously low (not index linked) amount it is currently at. 

Don't assume that the situation as it is now, will always be the situation.

Widen your thought process.

14 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

None of us really knows what the future holds.  Maybe your suggestion is plan B, well develop the youth set up and run the club like 'brentford' though personally id prefer us to keep having the odd 'gamble'.  

Can you imagine mate, if we were run like Brentford. 

A glorified feeder club for every other club who had genuine ambition & were willing to invest big. 

Brentford fans are happy with what they've got, but they're a tiny club compared to us.

It would last about a week at S6 & rightly so. 

Too many small minded people in S Yorks (& on here). 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Two points. 

One, is that there obviously isn't one individual on this planet other than DC who could possibly finance us.

Two. You assume that FFP will always be with us or pitched at the ridiculously low (not index linked) amount it is currently at. 

Don't assume that the situation as it is now, will always be the situation.

Widen your thought process.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/listed-owners-every-championship-club-13778193.amp

Don’t know how accurate this is, but it says his net worth is £520m. He must have already funded losses of about £100m by the end of this season (£65m to July 2018 then whatever we lost last season and this), and also paid around £40m to buy us in the first place. So he’ll have been here 5 years and he’s in for £140m.. more than a quarter of his net worth.

Would imagine his family will be unhappy with his situation.. but he’ll also know that we could always get in the play offs and go up and he’ll get it all back. But there must be a limit to how much he can put in.. I can’t see him wanting to write off the money so the pragmatic approach we’ve seen over the last year to 18 months is probably here to stay.. don’t think we’ll be risking another spending splurge even if we’re allowed