BREAKING - Club Statement

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Indeed - even with league 1 level of debt, and parachute payment, it's not a pretty picture:

A graph showing the pre-tax profit and losses for Championship clubs in the 2017-18 season: Wolves (-£57.2m), Fulham (-£45.2m), Cardiff (-£39.3m), QPR (-£37.6m), Aston Villa (-£36.1m), Bristol City (-£25.4m), Reading (-£21m), Sunderland (-£19.9m), Nottingham Forest (-£8.1m), Middlesbrough (-£6.4m), Ipswich (-£5.2m), Millwall (-£5m), Leeds (-£4,3m), Brentford (-£3.9m), Sheffield United (-£2m), Derby (-£1.2m), Barnsley (-£0.2m), Burton Albion (£0.5m), Sheffield Wednesday (£2.6m), Preston North End (£2.7m), Norwich (£18.5m), Hull (£23.7m). Bolton did not submit their accounts for 2017-18.

take the 'failure payments, I mean parachute money' into account, and add that to the losses, and deduct it from the 'profits' and see 'the real table'. 

tell the fa, efl, and sky to deduct 'our losses' from the parachute money we DIDN'T GET that's STILL CRIPPLING THE CLUB, oh! and btw, don't forget the 20 years compound ****ing interest.

10 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

look the vast majority on here (i'm being kind, it's ALL OF US) know very little about this issue from a legal standpoint. 

it's an issue of which is completely out of our control, so stop concerning yourself over it, it's so far over the average wednesday fans heads it's likely to hit the space station on it's next orbit.

leave it, you cannot have any positive effect on it in any way.

just wish the club well, and hope you yourself get fully paid this week/month/3 months.

It concerns issues only the people

concerned know about.

The EFL said the charges followed an investigation which included information from documents they hadn’t seen before. We don’t know what was in those documents and whether they negate the hand-holding that had been going on. 

3 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Because Its that transaction that they are questioning the validity of (the 60m ground sale) but as i said if there weren't any doubts in their minds, they would put us under embargo staight away until it was all sorted. 

well they should have did for it themselves.

• Like 1

Just now, rickygoo said:

It concerns issues only the people

concerned know about.

The EFL said the charges followed an investigation which included information from documents they hadn’t seen before. We don’t know what was in those documents and whether they negate the hand-holding that had been going on. 

those documents are no business of yours, or mine, or likely anyone else on here. 

So in short the plan is this

Hold off the EFL as long as possible by using our legal team to keep them running round in circles

Get promoted to the Premier league

Stick two fingers up at the EFL

It worked for clubs like Wolves and Bournemouth so let’s see what happens

( if any club can Phook this up it’s Wednesday so let’s just hope just for once we can get a break )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Looks like are lawyers are already picking holes in the EFL"s case.

Could be poo or bust for the EFL. Get this one wrong and could be them looking at a massive claim against them, win and take draconian measures can see it opens the door for PL2 as think plenty of clubs in the EFL are in support of us.

Think this could end up as a test case and be taught in lectures much like Allen's libel case. 

23 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I actually think they have softened.  If there werent and doubts, we would have an embargo already. 

Hmmmm, I kinda think, we are trying to delay it. 

Suppose it depends on how you read it. 

Either way, nowt we as fans can do about it really. 

Gonna be some reyt casualties over the next few years should the Efl continue like this. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

Just now, Maddogbob said:

Hmmmm I kinda think, we are trying to delay it. 

Gonna be some reyt casualties over the next few years should the Efl continue like this. 

Couldn't agree more, six or eight teams facing points deductions and three quarters of the league under embargo. 

3 minutes ago, horny owl said:

So in short the plan is this

Hold off the EFL as long as possible by using our legal team to keep them running round in circles

Get promoted to the Premier league

Stick two fingers up at the EFL

It worked for clubs like Wolves and Bournemouth so let’s see what happens

( if any club can Phook this up it’s Wednesday so let’s just hope just for once we can get a break )

Well there’s a flaw if that’s the plan. The EFL can withhold our promotion. 

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

without investment we would be near the bottom? That’s just bullshit mate, we could have steadily invested and still made playoffs or gone up, it’s hardly worked out well thus far as it.  

and it’s ok saying it’s his money let him spend it, im all for that if he writes up something saying he will write off any gamble he takes. But he hasn’t. So at this moment we are at his mercy if he gets pissed off or gets fed up. 
let’s be honest his record of getting pissed off with people is pretty high. 

Posts like this make me laugh. How on earth do you think he can simply pull the plug and get a fraction of his money back? If you come anywhere near close to explaining this can we be future business partners? 

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

without investment we would be near the bottom? That’s just bullshit mate, we could have steadily invested and still made playoffs or gone up, it’s hardly worked out well thus far as it.  

and it’s ok saying it’s his money let him spend it, im all for that if he writes up something saying he will write off any gamble he takes. But he hasn’t. So at this moment we are at his mercy if he gets pissed off or gets fed up. 
let’s be honest his record of getting pissed off with people is pretty high. 

look at the tale of losses above & compare that with the teams that were relegated that season, notice a correlation?

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Hmmmm I kinda think, we are trying to delay it. 

Our press release in November, and the push to arbitration is either delaying tactics or a sign we think we have a good case. It's only the charges we are contesting, so even if we lose at arbitration, the EFL still have to find us guilty which will take more time. We can then appeal that finding.

We should be able to drag this on a few months, which will get interesting should we qualify for the play offs.

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Well there’s a flaw if that’s the plan. The EFL can withhold our promotion. 

Wonder how that would go down with the epl. 

Not that I think we will, get promoted. Not with the current squad. 

Dont you effectively resign your Efl membership? To join the epl? I'd be more worried they wouldn't accept us back on the way down. 

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Our press release in November, and the push to arbitration is either delaying tactics or a sign we think we have a good case. It's only the charges we are contesting, so even if we lose at arbitration, the EFL still have to find us guilty which will take more time. We can then appeal that finding.

We should be able to drag this on a few months, which will get interesting should we qualify for the play offs.

That indeed might be the plan. That said with our squad and recent history play off wise, that's a gamble I wouldn't be playing. Unless we go big transfer wise. Even then, that's not the best idea at this point in the season. 

Wonder if Bruce had idea this was bubbling away in the background? Hence the, quick, let's get outta here. Newcastle cant be as bad as this.