BREAKING - Club Statement

3 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Ever heard of cutting your losses?

He might do if he considers £130m a stake he can afford to loose but what would be the point?  If things got to that stage it would be just as easy to keep running the club but at a slight profit (just by cutting the investment). Ok he might not make his money back doing this but there'd be a chance and he would be no worse off financially than if he cut and ran. To be honest i think £130m suggests he is in it for the long haul. 

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

it's the blunt and basic maths of the situation that the fans don't understand, or overlook.

the easiest thing to remember is the old saying of 'how do you get a small fortune from running a football club?, start with a large one'

it'd not the sixties anymore, it's not down to your attendance, it's the other bits too, and wednesday have been doing them non too well.

IF dc hadn't stepped forward, who would have? 

how would they have gone about it?

hindsight is 20/20, but I didn't see many with tears in their eyes when the buying was going off, they were too busy singing 'CARLOS HAD A DREAM'.

the good days were thin, and short, it maybe time for the rough to return, maybe not, who knows?

it's a good job some of our present support weren't about in the 70's when 'save our owls' were on, or they'd have beaten someone with a collection bucket to death in a blind panic.

Yawn 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Bullying? :laugh: our fans do need to stop with this agenda nonsense, like the rules apply to everyone else but us. 

When you break the rules you accept the consequences, it’s as black and white as that. Anything else is fabrication.

It’s almost like some on here think the EFL had the 24 championship teams in a hat and picked out us to target. 

No, you miss my point.  :laugh:

When i refer to bullying, i'm not solely referring to us, i'm more talking about the EFLs bullying, hectoring attitude. This seems a million miles away to how the Premier league relates & indeed looks after its 'members'.

It appears more & more the EFLs sole purpose is to inflict difficulties & hardship on the clubs under its stewardship whilst failing totally in checking the suitability of would be owners as in the Bury fiasco.

Your assertion that "they broke the rules" is too simplistic. Are you saying we broke the rules re P&S or in the selling of the ground, because if the ground sale WAS proven to be legal, then we didn't break the rules re P&S. 

I would say it's far from "black & white" and anyone suggesting we just accept their draconian punishment without a fight is just assisting them in fu*king us over. 

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

No, you miss my point.  :laugh:

When i refer to bullying, i'm not solely referring to us, i'm more talking about the EFLs bullying, hectoring attitude. This seems a million miles away to how the Premier league relates & indeed looks after its 'members'.

It appears more & more the EFLs sole purpose is to inflict difficulties & hardship on the clubs under its stewardship whilst failing totally in checking the suitability of would be owners as in the Bury fiasco.

Your assertion that "they broke the rules" is too simplistic. Are you saying we broke the rules re P&S or in the selling of the ground, because if the ground sale WAS proven to be legal, then we didn't break the rules re P&S. 

I would say it's far from "black & white" and anyone suggesting we just accept their draconian punishment without a fight is just assisting them in fu*king us over. 

I would plus you ten times if i could for this. 

• Thanks 1