Bristol City views on the Owls..

Bristol City have good potential, like Brighton they have a good platform and have been quite progressive. The problem is they probably sell too many players at once to make the top six, but we’ve been given some hidings down there. Ironically this was when we were a more attractive side to watch. 

42 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Yeah but no but yeah but no but... one Vicky Pollard, there’s only one Vicky Pollard.

Working and living around Bristol and hearing the accent almost daily Matt Lucas’s ability to mimic the female Bristolian accent is truly astounding! 
He was at Uni in Bristol and picked up the accent by simply walking around the shops......very talented guy.

1 minute ago, Alan Robinson said:

Working and living around Bristol and hearing the accent almost daily Matt Lucas’s ability to mimic the female Bristolian accent is truly astounding! 
He was at Uni in Bristol and picked up the accent by simply walking around the shops......very talented guy.

Did he point at things in shops and say “ I want that one”?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Just viewed their forum. The gape in members is extraordinary, 62 members recently viewing. Just demonstrates the size of our club compared to the likes of theirs. 678 viewing our pages currently on a Xmas Eve before 9am. 

To be fair I often try to look at other forums when I want fan opinion and there aren't that many clubs including top PL clubs that have thriving forums like Owlstalk

I loved City’s fast aggressive ambitious kick off where they nearly scored.

I tell my U13 team “I don’t mind what you do from the kick-off, but HAVE A PLAN”.

Instead, A looks around. A passes back to B. B isn’t looking. B loses ball. Rinse and repeat.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I tell my U13 team “I don’t mind what you do from the kick-off, but HAVE A PLAN”.

Instead, A looks around. A passes back to B. B isn’t looking. B loses ball. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe, stick to stats and analysis..... lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2

Guest Grez Bez

Always like Bristol C. Proper club, one if the least offensive teams around.

Always surprised me that for a decent sized city their crowds are so small and they have never been in the top flight (recently).

Great badge, everything ours used to be!

Edited by Grez Bez

51 minutes ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Just viewed their forum. The gape in members is extraordinary, 62 members recently viewing. Just demonstrates the size of our club compared to the likes of theirs. 678 viewing our pages currently on a Xmas Eve before 9am. 

Bristol and the West Country per se has never ever a hot bed of football unlike other major cities like Birmingham, London, Liverpool. Around Sheffield there are other big clubs with Huddersfield and Leeds, 

Around here rugby union is very very popular with Gloucester, Bath and the Bears all within a 50 mile radius and the Exeter Chiefs just outside that radius.

Apart from us there are no other ‘big’ football clubs. Our local rivals are Cardiff - 45 miles away! Should the Gas get promoted then they’d obviously become our rivals.

2 hours ago, Alan Robinson said:

I have a few(4 to be exact) Bristol City supporting friends due to work and been to games with them when we've played you, so a bit bias, but I've always found Bristol folk to be a decent lot. which comes across in some of the posts on there.

Good luck for the season, Alan........and Merry Christmas.

Guest Grez Bez
6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

My teenage kids cringe with embarrassment when I say “banter”....so obviously I use it all the time.

I cringe when I hear it tbh...

Dies Holm mean Holmfirth way? @Holmowl