Bristol City views on the Owls..

4 hours ago, oldowl67 said:

Sunday’s paltry following from BC was a stark contrast to the game on 28 February 2004 when we were just getting into our painful years, but they were right up there at the top of the league and looking certainties for promotion. They arrived at Hillsborough on an 11 match winning run with a very tidy following in the West Stand, while we were midtable after a very inconsistent season under Chris Turner. Can’t remember much about the game but I think we more than held our own, with both sides having chances to win it. Then deep into injury time we won a corner or maybe it was a long throw from Bromby at the Lepp and an exhausted Graham Lee headed home the winner. Cue wild celebrations on three sides of Hillsborough and mass disbelief on the away end!  Even in the dark times there are memorable moments.

Think that was the match an organized scrap was arranged at the Gypsy King near Crystal Peaks. 

I read about 30 comments on that forum and they seem a reasonable lot.  More so than on here in fact.

I can imagine some of them would be miffed at losing to a soft penalty. Similar to the penalty that miffed us at Derby.  

I've been to Ashton gate twice and thought the locals were OK.  

I was disappointed with them as a team. The post match interviews on their social media suggested they’d come for a point and that’s the impression their performance gave. 

I cant understand such a negative mindset. We’re a fairly average side on the whole, much improved under Monk and playing a sensible percentage style football but nothing to be terrified of. 

Couldnt understand their logic of just sitting back nor am I fan of passing for the sake of passing which they did a lot of.

Negative approach coupled with the overplaying at the back, I’d say they got what they deserved. The moaning that Johnson did afterwards looks purely an attempt to divert attention from his own shortcomings. 

Soft penalty but their approach got exactly what it deserved overall. 

• Haha 1