Would we get more or less than 2.5 mill for Tom Lees?

Guest Bulgaria

7 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

If another Championship club had him now, they'd get £5m, us on the other hand would probably release him for free and bring in a 4ft 9" replacement that has never played professional football previously and we would pay at least £9m for them from Wolves. We would continue to sign the cheque even when their CEO is pulling our CEOs pants down at the live TV signing. 

You mean just like we  signed Iorfa from them fairly recently. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

If another Championship club had him now, they'd get £5m, us on the other hand would probably release him for free and bring in a 4ft 9" replacement that has never played professional football previously and we would pay at least £9m for them from Wolves. We would continue to sign the cheque even when their CEO is pulling our CEOs pants down at the live TV signing. 

Putting our thrifty recent signings of Börner, Harris, Luongo and Iorfa to one side for a moment, what players have we released on a free who we could have sold for a sizeable fee instead?

I can't think of a single one of our released or sold players who've gone on to suggest they had significantly greater value than we brought in for them. Hunt went for a fair fee and we made a tidy profit on Jõao, who's never been consistent at this level.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Putting our thrifty recent signings of Börner, Harris, Luongo and Iorfa to one side for a moment, what players have we released on a free who we could have sold for a sizeable fee instead?

I can't think of a single one of our released or sold players who've gone on to suggest they had significantly greater value than we brought in for them. Hunt went for a fair fee and we made a tidy profit on Jõao, who's never been consistent at this level.

We never seem to gain any sort of profit on any players sold. 

How the tide has changed. It was only a short while ago we were desperately short if Central Defenders with an abundance of strikers.  Given our current situation I can’t think of any player I would not sell fora fair fee if GM sanctioned it to strengthen the side.  Losing Lees with Börner, Iorfa Thornily and Hutchinson available is a no brainer and the kind of deals we should have been doing these last few years

I wouldn't sell Lees unless we got an offer we can't refuse

Iorfa's contract isn't very long and there's premier league clubs looking at him

It would be just like Wednesday to sell Lees cheaply, and then we lose Iorfa

Lees is a solid championship defender, he's got bags of experience and he is our captain

We wouldn't be able to pick a Tom Lees up for 1 million

And neither should we give other clubs the opportunity

If Brentford were selling him they'd be asking for 7 million

We sell players far too cheap

Look at Antonnio

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 hours ago, Greengrass said:

29 is no age for a player nowadays, look at Cahill, Cech, Barry, Defoe played well into their 30's. 

Should be be getting at least 2 million.

All players who spent all there career playing European/premier league football 

How many games has lees played in the top flight ?

No one in the premier leagues gonna buy lees and no one in this league is gonna pay anywhere near the money people on here expect 

.He ain't even best cb in our team never mind this league 

He’s earning 25k a week with us until the end of next season.

If a club were to pay a fee for a him of that size they’d have to give him a 3 or 4 year deal on at least what he’s earning here. Is any club going to make that kind of outlay on a 29 year old where there’ll be no resale value?

There’d be clubs that would take his wages off us (around £2 million) until the end of next season but I’d be surprised if any club would offer much of a fee for him 

16 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I wouldn't sell Lees unless we got an offer we can't refuse

Iorfa's contract isn't very long and there's premier league clubs looking at him

It would be just like Wednesday to sell Lees cheaply, and then we lose Iorfa

Lees is a solid championship defender, he's got bags of experience and he is our captain

We wouldn't be able to pick a Tom Lees up for 1 million

And neither should we give other clubs the opportunity

If Brentford were selling him they'd be asking for 7 million

We sell players far too cheap

Look at Antonnio

Antonio is completely different. He was 23 when we sold him and always had the raw attributes of a premier league player (like Iorfa does now).

I wouldn’t sell Tom Lees but when you say we wouldn’t be able to pick a Tom Lees up for £1 million... how much did we pay for Iorfa and Borner?

3 years ago we would have got more. Now he has just turned 29 so i think people would worry about his legs going when over 30, as he is not lightning quick already. I think you have set the barometer at the right level at 2.5 Mil. I think people would try get for cheaper but we would push for 3-4 mil and end up at 2.5. So yes sitting right on the fence. 

21 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Antonio is completely different. He was 23 when we sold him and always had the raw attributes of a premier league player (like Iorfa does now).

I wouldn’t sell Tom Lees but when you say we wouldn’t be able to pick a Tom Lees up for £1 million... how much did we pay for Iorfa and Borner?

How often do clubs like us unearth gems like Iorfa and Borner?

If you can guarantee we'll find someone better and cheaper then I'd say yes

But we have a bad habit of buying them expensive and either selling them cheap or giving them away

And with today's news surfacing about teams preparing a January bid for Iorfa

I'd keep Lees

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

12 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

How often do clubs like us unearth gems like Iorfa and Borner?

If you can guarantee we'll find someone better and cheaper then I'd say yes

But we have a bad habit of buying them expensive and either selling them cheap or giving them away

And with today's news surfacing about teams preparing a January bid for Iorfa

I'd keep Lees

Yes agreed I just wouldn’t sell him. Even though he’s a proven championship defender I don’t think we’d get much of a fee for him (due to age/wages) and we’re going to need him for the next 18 months while he’s under contract.

• Like 1

If Burnley and Leicester are both willing to pay £15m for Iorfa get them in a bidding war; with the ‘loser’ agreeing to take Lees for a knockdown price of £10m. Plus we get a 10% for each reaching 20 PL games and a 30% sell on fee.

If only Wednesday did Carlsberg Transfer deals!

lol 

4 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

Not sure, undisclosed wasn't it? 

Undisclosed (if it was) always baffles me, I always take it as meaning someone's been fleeced. 

It was reported that we bought him for £2.8m and sold him for £5m, rising to £7m with add-ons.

I certainly don't think we made a loss on him.

• Like 1