I thought Fox had a great game against Brum

Haven't seen today's match but, as one of those who thought Fox could never be good enough, I've been eating my hat lately as I reckon he's been one of the options for man of the match in each of our last 4 or 5 matches - I actually voted for him twice.

His attitude is spot-on, his defending is usually excellent, his distribution has been terrific and his crossing has been better than anything we've seen from our full-backs since Pudil. Wish I could say the same about Palmer.

It's good to hear that Penney has been doing well in Germany but, based on what I've seen this month, I think Fox deserves to keep his place even if Penney was to return.

Had a good game today as well 

My boy and i call him the Fantastic Mr Fox admittedly at times with our tongues firmly in our cheeks to annoy the guy behind us who hates Foxy with a passion but i am more than pleased that Foxy has shut him up without our help by the way he's performed 

Must have made a nice change for Foxy today to be booed by the opposition fans lol

• Haha 3

Thought he was pretty solid today to be honest.  

Plenty of blocks and tackles and did really well with that break in the first half when I really thought their lad was going to get in one-on-one.

I do wonder if he and Odubajo were instructed not to overlap as there were times when both could have, advanced a bit and then stopped. 

Don't know how much is manager instruction. 

On 29/11/2019 at 08:28, torres said:

I wouldn't even say better than average 

The trouble now is, wet lettuces like the OP seem on some kind of crusade to pretend he's any good.

The player of the month thing was cringe worthy at best

Fvvck off you pr1ck. 

Edited by shandypants

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thought he was pretty solid today to be honest.  

Plenty of blocks and tackles and did really well with that break in the first half when I really thought their lad was going to get in one-on-one.

I do wonder if he and Odubajo were instructed not to overlap as there were times when both could have, advanced a bit and then stopped. 

Don't know how much is manager instruction.

Away from home, this seems to be generally the case (often needlessly). I notice it most of all with Odubajo.

Still, there's no papering over the fact that Fox was well below the standard that he'd set himself over these last few months.

I'm hoping (and there's good reason to) that this performance was merely down to what was probably a bit of an occasion for him with his first return to a former club, only to be met with a bit of a hostile reception.

• Thanks 1

Fox had a decent game yesterday. A few clearances went to opposition players (not the only culprit) but he did the basics well. At least he won the ball back to be able to make a misplaced clearance. Can't say I noticed him having the problems like Obudajo on the other side.

1 hour ago, edited said:

Average at best yesterday. Gave the ball away far too many times. His crossing is awful. Just a hit and hope, no pace, no direction, every time. 1st player we sign in January needs to be a left back

I think he's one of the better crossers of of a ball we've got usually.

Certainly the best of all our full backs.

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think he's one of the better crossers of of a ball we've got usually.

Certainly the best of all our full backs.

Yep, Fox is far more effective going forward than Palmer.

Fox:

2 goals and 5 assists in 74 Championship games for us.

Palmer:

0 goals and 7 assists in 186 Championship games for us.