Chansiri, embargo and the players

3 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Would literally be the most Wednesday thing ever to go up this season then have 18pts deducted in close season and get moved back down a division. Leeds, who finished 4th, promoted instead.

lol

Or we get promoted lose points have to stay in Championship and side relegated stays up... no prizes for guessing who that would be in that scenario :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

It's not certain that we will be found guilty over the selling of the club, but if we are, it's more likely to amount to a deduction of points than a fine. The one salient point about this situation, is that realistically the club can go nowhere whilst it's in this permanent cycle with regards to this financial embargo. If the points deduction happens, then it ends our promotion or play off hopes, but I don't think it will end in relegation, unless is a huge amount of points. So it's going to be likely a mid table finish.

In my opinion, this fine or a points deduction needs to happen. It's the only way to get the club out of this mess and will allow the club to operate in the transfer market properly again. Along with this, two other things need to happen. Chansiri needs to sell the club as soon as is possible and the squad needs a complete overhaul. The big earners need to go and the squad needs breaking up. Some players have been here too long and need moving on. I would personally sell or not offer contracts to Westwood, Palmer, Fox, Hutchinson, Pelupessy, Lee, Reach, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes.

I do think that one person is to blame for this predicament and that is the Chansiri. He was the person in charge of the finances. He knew the rules or someone was advising him on the rules. He knew what he was spending in transfer fees and wages and he was the person that decided to sell the club to a company that part of his financial portfolio. He may have done these things for the best of intentions, but the current situation is entirely down to him. With the financial embargo still in place and the club currently for sale, plus an aging expensive squad on the books, it could be the right time to take the punishment of a point deduction if we are found guilty of breaking the EFL rules. 

What is your opinion ?

Find someone with the appetite to pay for the club £80-100m, then fund it at say, £20m a year losses for the foreseeable future.

I reckon they will need £200m minimum.

Good luck with that.

Said it before, be careful what you wish for. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Hopefully :duntmatter:

Firstly find a buyer 

then tell them that it will cost about 10 million a year on top of their initial cost just to keep afloat

then inform them that they cannot invest their own money to make the team successful without adhering to strict rules 

you said Chansiri wants out 

I bet he Feckin does 

Run it sensibly then we have a great club - run it like an episode of the apprentice and we have what we have now!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

It's not certain that we will be found guilty over the selling of the club, but if we are, it's more likely to amount to a deduction of points than a fine. The one salient point about this situation, is that realistically the club can go nowhere whilst it's in this permanent cycle with regards to this financial embargo. If the points deduction happens, then it ends our promotion or play off hopes, but I don't think it will end in relegation, unless is a huge amount of points. So it's going to be likely a mid table finish.

In my opinion, this fine or a points deduction needs to happen. It's the only way to get the club out of this mess and will allow the club to operate in the transfer market properly again. Along with this, two other things need to happen. Chansiri needs to sell the club as soon as is possible and the squad needs a complete overhaul. The big earners need to go and the squad needs breaking up. Some players have been here too long and need moving on. I would personally sell or not offer contracts to Westwood, Palmer, Fox, Hutchinson, Pelupessy, Lee, Reach, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes.

I do think that one person is to blame for this predicament and that is the Chansiri. He was the person in charge of the finances. He knew the rules or someone was advising him on the rules. He knew what he was spending in transfer fees and wages and he was the person that decided to sell the club to a company that part of his financial portfolio. He may have done these things for the best of intentions, but the current situation is entirely down to him. With the financial embargo still in place and the club currently for sale, plus an aging expensive squad on the books, it could be the right time to take the punishment of a point deduction if we are found guilty of breaking the EFL rules. 

What is your opinion ?

1) Did you feel that way when we were bringing in these players?.

2) Who is going to be daft enough to buy the club at this moment in time?.

3) It appears that you want some idiot to come into the club and do exactly the same thing, try to buy success.

4) That has never worked, long term, at this club.

5) The club has been it deep poo-poo since McGee left the club to Mr Richards, and he tried the route that you wish to take and we have been a mess ever since.

10 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Find someone with the appetite to pay for the club £80-100m, then fund it at say, £20m a year losses for the foreseeable future.

Good luck with that.

Club would need to buy the ground back as well at 60 million on top of that.

13 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Good luck with that.

It wouldn't be sold for that about. I've explained my opinion a few pages back, I'm not doing it again.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

16 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

1) Did you feel that way when we were bringing in these players?.

2) Who is going to be daft enough to buy the club at this moment in time?.

3) It appears that you want some idiot to come into the club and do exactly the same thing, try to buy success.

4) That has never worked, long term, at this club.

5) The club has been it deep poo-poo since McGee left the club to Mr Richards, and he tried the route that you wish to take and we have been a mess ever since.

Free agents and signings like Iorfa, plus astute loans. Some will buy at the right price. Question four is your opinion. Question five is just stating the obvious.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

5 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Free agents and signings like Iorfa, plus astute loans. Some will buy at the right price. Question four is your opinion. Question five is just stating the obvious.

You think you’re reyt clever but you’re at least a year behind events and in reality a bit thick.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

You think you’re reyt clever but you’re at least a year behind events and in reality a bit thick.

You just don't like my opinion, but I'm fair from thick. That title could easily be hung around your neck. You don't need fortunes to get out of the championship, the blades has proved that. I repeat, free agents like odubago , astute signings like Iorfa. United have their keeper on loan from Man Utd as an example of what loans can bring you. You've shown yourself up by starting with the insults. Because you can't answer back in any other way. Typical Owlstalk crap.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We need to be careful about what we wish for as we aren't going to get promoted without a wealthy benefactor. We've no parachute payments and we don't have young players to sell for big money which is something the pigs, Norwich, Bristol or Brentford have done and that allows you to reinvest in the squad. We won't compete only signing frees and paying out the wages we'd be able to afford so we'd be back to being a lower half championship team with the odd trip to league one in there.

Norwich and that shower across the city would seem to disprove that view.

Guest Ferkorf

Where has this point deduction news come from?

Who has actually come out and said we are getting a points deduction not a fine? Or an embargo?

As far as Im aware Birmingham are the only club to receive a points deduction and they were blatantly still signing players when in an embargo weren't they?

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Where has this point deduction news come from?

Who has actually come out and said we are getting a points deduction not a fine? Or an embargo?

As far as Im aware Birmingham are the only club to receive a points deduction and they were blatantly still signing players when in an embargo weren't they?

I think it was because it happened to Birmingham. But we don't know what will happen with regards that if we are found guilty.