Chansiri, embargo and the players

6 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

It's opinions and I'll stick to what i said. He'll not be here in the long term and will do a deal at a price that is lower than the value of the club. If you think different, power to you. No one is an expert, they are just giving their opinion, to some use it as a way to be abusive or start an argument. I'm not into that, but you're doing the same as me. Strong opinion, telling somewhere their wrong. Faur enough

I like you. Whilst the haterz are abusing you for opinions they don't like, my inbox stays empty.

Wait until you get a mod stalker, and a club employee stalker. Then you know you've really made it.

:ghoulguy::Chansiri:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

I like you. Whilst the haterz are abusing you for opinions they don't like, my inbox stays empty.

Wait until you get a mod stalker, and a club employee stalker. Then you know you've really made it.

:ghoulguy::Chansiri:

I don't come on enough Farrell to get to that status lol !! Sounds like you should give it a break yourself fella.....

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

It's opinions and I'll stick to what i said. He'll not be here in the long term and will do a deal at a price that is lower than the value of the club. If you think different, power to you. No one is an expert, they are just giving their opinion, to some use it as a way to be abusive or start an argument. I'm not into that, but you're doing the same as me. Strong opinion, telling somewhere their wrong. Faur enough

I agree with you that no one is an expert, which leads me to ask how do you know he'll do a deal at a price that is lower than the value of the club. 

the worst part about all this is the uncertainty . it took the efl around 7 months to dock Birmingham points . what are the efl planning, wait till april 27th? see that we are 20 points clear of relegation and give us a 21 point deduction? I wouldn't put it past them,  we need to know by the new year at latest because all this uncertainty is just no good.  going down would totally cripple this club with a massive reduction in turnover of appx 10 million and currently the wage bill is appx 40 million maybe it will come down a little by next summer but 25 million turnover dropping to 15 million with a wage bill of 40 million and going 20 million over ffp if the league don't allow the ground sale fee to me sounds like doomsday for our club. just will have to hope that chansiri has better lawyers than he has football advisers otherwise we are goners . I don't think anyone has a clue how this will turn out but I know that the league want to make an example of a club to deter vast overspends in the future. 

54 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

It's my opinion, but as I said, I think you're naive. You disagree, it's no big deal lol.

Fair enough. 

I think you are jumping the gun a bit and make an awful lot of assumptions. 

Will say that the idea of Chansiri cutting his losses and selling the club on the cheap seems pretty fanciful. 

This is a man who fell out with the BBC over broadcast fees for local radio. 

4 hours ago, glynnb said:

Or we get promoted lose points have to stay in Championship and side relegated stays up... no prizes for guessing who that would be in that scenario :duntmatter:

Dream on, they’re Europe-bound at this rate.

:duntmatter:

The embarrassment goes global

lol

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I agree with you that no one is an expert, which leads me to ask how do you know he'll do a deal at a price that is lower than the value of the club. 

So he can walk away as soon as possible. I think he would attach things to a deal where he will make some decent money if we ever get back to the Premiership. I think Milan has a similar deal when he sold to Chansiri. For me it's not his stable industry, so he doesn't know a great deal about it. Hence the advisors and the mistakes

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Norwich sold Maddison and the pigs sold Brooks for 8 figure sums.. that funds the ability to bring in new players without putting in external funds which is what the position is without a rich owner 

Yes agreed, but my point was that neither club needed major financial backing from rich owners to get promoted. They sold their best assets and used the money well. We’ve probably spent almost as much on one player Rhodes than those 2 clubs did in total to get them up. 

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Fair enough. 

I think you are jumping the gun a bit and make an awful lot of assumptions. 

Will say that the idea of Chansiri cutting his losses and selling the club on the cheap seems pretty fanciful. 

This is a man who fell out with the BBC over broadcast fees for local radio. 

If he wants out, as I believe is the case deep down. He'll have no option that take a cut price deal, but negotiate, where he makes a percentage on future earnings once the club is perhaps back in the premiership.

7 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

Yes agreed, but my point was that neither club needed major financial backing from rich owners to get promoted. They sold their best assets and used the money well. We’ve probably spent almost as much on one player Rhodes than those 2 clubs did in total to get them up. 

The thing is though Utd as well as many others were losing millions a season trying to reach the promised land even though they sold players 

It seems perverse that the Efl are penalising clubs for trying to get to the premiership by spending money where the prize is ....more money