Chansiri, embargo and the players

Guest LondonOwl313
45 minutes ago, Watto said:

But we had our own senior players that should have been sold to bring some much needed finances in , Chansiri kept hold of them and that's why we find ourselves in the position we are in now !

And we should have sold but didn't... so going forward what do we do now from where we are

To bring in significant money a premier league team would need to want them. We only have Iorfa who could possibly fit into that category at present

27 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Well I've learned summat there .....

Yeah, I understand that Paxo or whatever you call him was one of Milan's old associates who stuck around after the sale. 

I like Milan, but let's not kid ourselves - he wasn't whiter than white. 

Football is a grubby business. 

Unfortunately, I think when Chansiri rocked up a lot of people (parasites) realised there was an opportunity to make some cash and potentially do so at the expense of the football club. 

28 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Well I've learned summat there .....

MM saved us but his promise to leave us in safe hands was undone by the Mammadov saga.  We had a shirt sponsorship that we never got paid for and the club was sold on a promise.

Paixao and Sir Dave were sold to DC as part of the deal.

Actually, thinking about it, you could probably write our recent history of madness and base it on our shirt/sponsors.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

It's not certain that we will be found guilty over the selling of the club, but if we are, it's more likely to amount to a deduction of points than a fine. The one salient point about this situation, is that realistically the club can go nowhere whilst it's in this permanent cycle with regards to this financial embargo. If the points deduction happens, then it ends our promotion or play off hopes, but I don't think it will end in relegation, unless is a huge amount of points. So it's going to be likely a mid table finish.

In my opinion, this fine or a points deduction needs to happen. It's the only way to get the club out of this mess and will allow the club to operate in the transfer market properly again. Along with this, two other things need to happen. Chansiri needs to sell the club as soon as is possible and the squad needs a complete overhaul. The big earners need to go and the squad needs breaking up. Some players have been here too long and need moving on. I would personally sell or not offer contracts to Westwood, Palmer, Fox, Hutchinson, Pelupessy, Lee, Reach, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes.

I do think that one person is to blame for this predicament and that is the Chansiri. He was the person in charge of the finances. He knew the rules or someone was advising him on the rules. He knew what he was spending in transfer fees and wages and he was the person that decided to sell the club to a company that part of his financial portfolio. He may have done these things for the best of intentions, but the current situation is entirely down to him. With the financial embargo still in place and the club currently for sale, plus an aging expensive squad on the books, it could be the right time to take the punishment of a point deduction if we are found guilty of breaking the EFL rules. 

What is your opinion ?

My opinion is...

Why did we have to have another thread about the exact same thing. 

Another post saying or asking the same thing over and over, when nobody can give an answer because nobody knows anything. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can you name the clubs that have as I can't think of any off the top of my head. The only ones I can think of sold young players for £10m+ to premier league clubs, like Utd did with Brooks. What I was saying is you need either 1. parachute payments 2. young players to sell for big money or 3. a wealthy benefactor. 

I can't think of any that don't meet one of those three criteria as that's where we'll be without Chansiri

I would say Burnley are a good example of a well run club, slowly building not have a owner that spends millions until they achieve promotion to the premier league that is.

Others are Brentford who again are buying lesser players and making them into better players selling them on and moving the club forward, Preston NE are another example of this they seem to get a lot of young gems, improve them give them game time then sell on and reinvest in the team and club.

What we should be doing is investing in youth but actually taking good under 18's and progressing them through to the first team those in S2 have been doing it for nearly 30's and making some decent money doing it. We on the other hand have only produce one talent of note and we let him leave for nought to Belgium 9but that's another story). We should also be developing players from lower leagues or other areas.  

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Let me ask you a simple question 

What benefit would Chansiri selling the club have for us ?

So now you have decided to be sensible. The benefit for for us is hopefully we get an owner who will make a better fist of running the club and in turn we could also get more investment once this financial embargo is out of the way. Chansiri wants out anyway.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

So now you have decided to be sensible. The benefit for for us is hopefully we get an owner who will make a better fist of running the club and in turn we could also get more investment once this financial embargo is out of the way. Chansiri wants out anyway.

You seem to be doing a lot of talking for the Chairman.  Have you got anything to back it up.

Edited by Sham67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, the monk said:

All this is based on your assumption that D C is "done" at the club 

Any evidence you have for this ?

The fact that he has said so if you read between the lines. He has said his family was abused on social media for a start. He's a business who was looking for investment projects around the globe, we were one of them. He would have sold us once he had gone into the premiership and stayed in the premiership for a few seasons. This isn't a court of law, it's just my  opinion like everyone else, but it stand to reason. He doesn't reside in the country and and to my mind is a businessman not a football fan.

1 minute ago, Mick De Lyons said:

The fact that he has said so if you read between the lines. He has said his family was abused on social media for a start. He's a business who was looking for investment projects around the globe, we were one of them. He would have sold us once he had gone into the premiership and stayed in the premiership for a few seasons. This isn't a court of law, it's just my  opinion like everyone else, but it stand to reason. He doesn't reside in the country and and to my mind is a businessman not a football fan.

So...based upon your own speculation/conjecture and taking 2+2 and coming up with 5. 

Fair dos. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can you name the clubs that have as I can't think of any off the top of my head. The only ones I can think of sold young players for £10m+ to premier league clubs, like Utd did with Brooks. What I was saying is you need either 1. parachute payments 2. young players to sell for big money or 3. a wealthy benefactor. 

I can't think of any that don't meet one of those three criteria as that's where we'll be without Chansiri

That’s moving the goal posts a little from your original post, but:

1) Over the last 10 seasons there are 13 clubs relegated from the Premier League who currently show no sign of returning any time soon.

2) Developing young players to sell on should be one of the basics for any well run Championship club (and for most in Premier League).  This is something Wednesday have continually failed to do.

3) Again going back 10 years I would say Blackpool, Norwich, Swansea, Reading, Burnley, Huddersfield and the Blades have all been promoted to the Premier League without really splashing the cash.

To me this suggests parachute payments / wealthy benefactor might help but are no guarantee of success.

3 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

So now you have decided to be sensible. The benefit for for us is hopefully we get an owner who will make a better fist of running the club and in turn we could also get more investment once this financial embargo is out of the way. Chansiri wants out anyway.

Hopefully :duntmatter:

Firstly find a buyer 

then tell them that it will cost about 10 million a year on top of their initial cost just to keep afloat

then inform them that they cannot invest their own money to make the team successful without adhering to strict rules 

you said Chansiri wants out 

I bet he Feckin does 

18 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

You seem to be doing a lot of talking for the Chairman.  Have you got anything to back it up.

Use your common sense. He's a businessman who bought us for an investment to make money !! He was naive about football and things have gone sour. We haven't got the planned promotion, millions have been spent. He's made a testicles of running the club. His family has been abused on social media and he lives on he lives on the other side of the world. Either you're naive or an eternal optimist