Kieran lee

4 minutes ago, dn15owl said:

Reckon he always looks Unwell  bless him . Looking forward to seeing him get more game though as I reckon he will have a part to play in the coming months 

ta 

Best footballer at the club. If he can’t get a game, we are in decent shape. 

Unfortunately I think he'll only play a bit part this season and we will probably release him at the end of the season. 

Sad to say because he's been a brilliant player for us but I think age and injuries have caught up with him. Other players have now overtaken him in the pecking order, particularly Luongo who performs a similar role but has a more physical presence. 

If we could get back the Kieran Lee of 3 seasons ago it would be brilliant but sadly I think he's gone. 

4 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Unfortunately I think he'll only play a bit part this season and we will probably release him at the end of the season. 

Sad to say because he's been a brilliant player for us but I think age and injuries have caught up with him. Other players have now overtaken him in the pecking order, particularly Luongo who performs a similar role but has a more physical presence. 

If we could get back the Kieran Lee of 3 seasons ago it would be brilliant but sadly I think he's gone. 

I’d normally agree with this but i’d give Keiron Lee a contract until he dropped. Absolute class act. When he comes on, he plays the game at a totally different pace to the other 21 players. Great player, and along with Bannan and Westwood our best signing in the modern era. 

• Like 2

Think he's likely to be a bit part player nowadays. 

31 years old and 18 months out with a terrible injury. Always a big ask to expect him to consistently get back to the levels he was at before that. 

In saying that, he's a class act and whilst he might not be able to consistently hit the heights he once did, it wouldn't surprise me to see him make a telling contribution at some point. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Think he's likely to be a bit part player nowadays. 

31 years old and 18 months out with a terrible injury. Always a big ask to expect him to consistently get back to the levels he was at before that. 

In saying that, he's a class act and whilst he might not be able to consistently hit the heights he once did, it wouldn't surprise me to see him make a telling contribution at some point. 

The blokes 31 not 91. Plenty of sportsmen achieve exceptional performance beyond 30 even after major injuries ( Rafa Nadal 33, Tom Brady 38, Zlatan Ibrahimovic 38, Linford Christie 32, Chris Hoy 37 ) to name but a few. Given support and game time Lee can be our best midfielder again. 

13 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

The blokes 31 not 91. Plenty of sportsmen achieve exceptional performance beyond 30 even after major injuries ( Rafa Nadal 33, Tom Brady 38, Zlatan Ibrahimovic 38, Linford Christie 32, Chris Hoy 37 ) to name but a few. Given support and game time Lee can be our best midfielder again. 

Yes, but he's been out for 18 months with a serious hip injury. It may have taken a toll on him and it will be harder for him to recover from that as a 31 year old. 

No need to get so flipping upset. 

Christ. 

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes, but he's been out for 18 months with a serious hip injury. It may have taken a toll on him and it will be harder for him to recover from that as a 31 year old. 

Christ. 

Andy Murray is 32 and had what’s basically a hip replacement and he’s just come back to win a tournament. As long as there’s no damage stopping him training (which there might be), there’s nothing stopping him getting back to the right level 

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Christ. 

Not upset SiJ. Just wanted to point out that at 31 Lee could Still be in his prime. Nadal, Brady, & Zlatan came back from serious injuries / operations to achieve major success. 
WAWAW

May be I am being a little bit too loyal here to a player who I like, but I honestly think Lee has a lot of football in his locker - and not even just this season.

I remember us having to nurse Sheridan through games - game on game, but it was worth it.

You know what, I starting pressing the quote button on a few early posts, then found myself agreeing with every single post so far in this thread - both complementary and otherwise. So Im not going to quote them all.

Lee for us has been a great player. And I mean a really great player. Someone even said one of our greatest signings of the modern era - a big shout, but maybe you're right. Maybe. Probably. Dunno.

I tend to agree that he's never going to be the same again. And that makes me sad. Cos I love to see Kieran Lee getting beyond the strikers, galavanting into the box, and poking one into the botton corner. There are few greater sights. 

But, I just dont see it any more. Shame, cos we are crying out for a player who can play between the lines and add bodies into attack. Really crying out for it.

I hope Kieran can prove me wrong. Please prove me wrong........please.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, steelerian said:

Cos I love to see Kieran Lee getting beyond the strikers, galavanting into the box, and poking one into the botton corner. There are few greater sights. 

Really hoping that this happens at some point this season. 

I feel like if we perform like we did yesterday against many other teams, we’ll have trampled those teams enough for Lee to come on and make an impact.