We are the real deal

32 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Winger?

We’ve got three top ones already fighting for two places, with Murphy as a not-too-shabby 4th choice. Plus Moses at a pinch.

Id say it’s the least weak part of our squad. 

Need another Harris type in my view. Big fan of Reach but w FF is good but hardly shown consistency for the past couple years. Murphy looks poor. 

Last 8 mins I thought Forestieri did well.

Straight into it with some good touches and had them worried enough to bring him down. He wins more free kicks than Nuhiu who rarely goes down due to being a beast lol

Got to see more of him now.

Harris is a reyt signing.

I thought we did well but we were at home so I wont get giddy and say we are as good as Leeds.

It would have been another story at their place.

We need to score more. We are relying on Fletcher too much atm.

Definitely a top six team but it's going to be hard to get top two with the amount of goals we're getting.

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

We made them look bog average. Those last three games were a tricky set of fixtures. To take 5pts from them is fantastic and you’d argue we’ve deserved more. 

One game at a time but we’re picking up points very nicely with more to come too I’d expect. 

Yeah it's a shame some crap officials cost us 2 points against Cardiff but we move on.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Potential to be a horrible game. We've stood up to it.

These are the nicked points that add up at the end of the season.

"If you can't win, make sure you don't lose"

Some gaffer whose name I've forgot.

Respectfully.... that wasn't a nicked point. FFS WTF:. UTO.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

We where the better team, disappointing we didn’t take the chances and get the 3 points. Impressed with us apart from putting the ball in the net. So important we get a goal scorer in January. If we are still in the top 6 I really hope DC backs Monk to give it a real go. 

Agree with this. If Gayle still isn’t getting a game at Newcastle DC should pull out all the stops to get him. Would make all difference imo.

• Like 1

Don’t think we should be getting too bullish after that performance. Decent in spells but still largely flat, but a game we ultimately should have won on chances. 

Everyone raving about Leeds’ quality, they’ve only won 2 of the last 7

We need a striker and a midfielder who can contribute goals. If we don’t address this we’ll fall short of 6th come May 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Don’t think we should be getting too bullish after that performance. Decent in spells but still largely flat, but a game we ultimately should have won on chances. 

Everyone raving about Leeds’ quality, they’ve only won 2 of the last 7

We need a striker and a midfielder who can contribute goals. If we don’t address this we’ll fall short of 6th come May 

We did well and could have won it but at the same time if we'd performed like Leeds did today at their place, we'd have thought it was a good away performance.

Think we edged it but yeah Leeds did well.

I think we are in for a good season but just need to dominate games a bit more.

I tell you what lads and lassies, we now have a proper manager. It won’t be as pretty as Carlos’ first season but his preparation and the team’s organisation is absolutely fantastic. Our defensive shape is tremendous - best I’ve seen watching Wednesday for as long as I can remember. Finally, we are aggressive, competitive and we will not be bullied. This has been our Achilles heel for many a year.

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

change of formation perhaps. Would still like to see FF start ahead of Nuhiu if the conditions/opponent are more favourable to playing the ball on the ground more. 

If Luongo is fit I can’t see us doing anything other than 433. 

If FF is to start it would be in place of Harris. Reach has been the better winger recently.

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I tell you what lads and lassies, we now have a proper manager. It won’t be as pretty as Carlos’ first season but his preparation and the team’s organisation is absolutely fantastic. Our defensive shape is tremendous - best I’ve seen watching Wednesday for as long as I can remember. Finally, we are aggressive, competitive and we will not be bullied. This has been our Achilles heel for many a year.

Aggression, professionalism, bit of cynicism, pace and height.

Its great. 

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Aggression, professionalism, bit of cynicism, pace and height.

Its great. 

Agreed. There’s a great balance to us. We have a bit of everything. I think Monk will go for a striker with pace in January and he will try and offload Rhodes or winnall

or more.

When we played Fulham they looked better than us.

In contrast we loked better than Leeds. Showed great defensive qualities, just need to build on our attacking game. We are heading in the right direction.

1 minute ago, timrud said:

When we played Fulham they looked better than us.

In contrast we loked better than Leeds. Showed great defensive qualities, just need to build on our attacking game. We are heading in the right direction.

Fulham had tonnes of possession but we stopped them getting chances. We had the better of what few chances were made.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Fulham had tonnes of possession but we stopped them getting chances. We had the better of what few chances were made.

That is a fair point - but they controlled the game. We stopped Leeds from doing that