We are the real deal

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

We're looking a bit like the old Graham arsenal, incredibly had to break down and a real defensive unit and teamwork and are going to take some beating. 

The one thing holding us back now is we're still not clinical enough as far as taking our chances, if monk can sort that we'll be flying. 

I agree but they had Ian Wright consistently pinching goals for them. If we had someone like that we'd be in with a great chance. 

49 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

Agree with this. If Gayle still isn’t getting a game at Newcastle DC should pull out all the stops to get him. Would make all difference imo.

I don think we’re the type of team that would suit Gayle. He suits a team like Preston where they spoil and look to “steal” free kicks around the penalty area for set piece opportunities. 

In truth we've been performing like play-off contenders for the whole of this year. This has coincided with us getting back to our best defensively. I think if we can keep picking up the points consistently over the next 10 games or so then it sets us up for an interesting January Window. Whether we are busy or not I think there is a desire within this squad to finally achieve a long awaited promotion. We are certainly a different animal to this time last year?

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

We're looking a bit like the old Graham arsenal, incredibly had to break down and a real defensive unit and teamwork and are going to take some beating. 

The one thing holding us back now is we're still not clinical enough as far as taking our chances, if monk can sort that we'll be flying. 

Good post, we’re also very similar to the Burnley side that got promoted and they went and spent £8m on André Gray, who often single handily won them points with his pace and finishing. We somehow need the same on loan in January, or find a bargain 

We really are starting to look the part.

With the likes of Bannan, Fletcher, Forestieri, Hutch, Reach, Lee, Westwood (here before the summer), we were just crying out for an experienced Championship manager to get the best out of them.

Now we have that, plus the summer additions of Luongo, Harris and Borner, we are becoming a VERY difficult team to beat.

That second half today we really were so much better than a Leeds side many have tipped to win the league... there’s no reason why we can’t be seen as credible contenders for the top 6.