Luongo out

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Having seen his performance I would suggest that a couple of games would have benefited him

This. 

Took his goal goal well but apart from that didn’t perform.

He didn’t get on the field in Australia’s last match. No guarantee he would play many minutes if he was fit and in the squad.

He probably isn’t too disappointed on missing out on a Sheffield - Canberra - Taiwan - Sheffield journey.

2 minutes ago, R-Sole14 said:

He didn’t get on the field in Australia’s last match. No guarantee he would play many minutes if he was fit and in the squad.

He probably isn’t too disappointed on missing out on a Sheffield - Canberra - Taiwan - Sheffield journey.

I'd be disappointed missing out on a trip to Taiwan. Taiwan or Sheffield in October?  

12 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I'd be disappointed missing out on a trip to Taiwan. Taiwan or Sheffield in October?  

I’ve not been to either in October so I can’t comment. But I’d rather not go to Taiwan from Sheffield via Canberra for only a couple of days and go back to Sheffield.

11 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Having seen his performance I would suggest that a couple of games would have benefited him

Aren't we playing a behind closed doors friendly this week to help get FF and a few others like Lees up to speed? Luongo would be better off playing in this than flying around the world to possibly make a substitute appearance or two against the minnows that Australia are up against.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Aren't we playing a behind closed doors friendly this week to help get FF and a few others like Lees up to speed? Luongo would be better off playing in this than flying around the world to possibly make a substitute appearance or two against the minnows that Australia are up against.

Either or...personally I’d prefer he was playing competitive games in front of a crowd - regardless of the opponent - but if he’s going to be benched then obviously not..