PLAYERS HOLDING HEAD FAKING INJURY

This antic is becoming common in matches, as we witnessed from the Fulham player last match.

Watched the world cup rugby yesterday, a player went down holding his head, referee immediately had him leave the field for an assessment.

COULD BE THE DETERRENT FOOTBALL NEEDS TO STOP THESE CHEATS. 

Someone was telling me yesterday they are considering a new rule where an additional sub can be used for head injuries. That won’t get abused will it.  Bloody joke that with Fulham. Did anyone else notice how quickly their players “ recovered” at that drop ball. And they were telling the ref it had to go back to the keeper. Morons. 

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The only way around this is that a mandatory 5 minute off fiend examination happens for all players with a 'head injury'

That'll stop the cnvts clutching their heads..

If it is genuine, this would be necessary anyway. 

This.

Like Rugby. 

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The only way around this is that a mandatory 5 minute off fiend examination happens for all players with a 'head injury'

I mostly agree, but unfortunately that punishes those that legitimately do need treatment, leaving their team with 10 men for 5 minutes.

Which then leads to ideas like temporary substutions, but as has been inferred elsewhere on here, that may encourage a different kind of exploitation.

Tough one.

12 minutes ago, 1947OWL said:

This antic is becoming common in matches, as we witnessed from the Fulham player last match.

Watched the world cup rugby yesterday, a player went down holding his head, referee immediately had him leave the field for an assessment.

COULD BE THE DETERRENT FOOTBALL NEEDS TO STOP THESE CHEATS. 

We tend to poo-poo some of the rules used in other sports, especially the two Rugby codes, but I honestly believe that many could be adapted for use in soccer.

The 'concussion' advice given to Referees is not essentially a bad one - it is the players (mis)using it who are to blame. No-One wants a seriously injured player to be left untreated, so one way to cut this down would be for any player for whom the game has been stopped to leave the field immediately, and be cheked by a Doctor for concussion. Similarly, the yellow card system  could be redesigned to include a 'sin bin ' punishment.. Why should a player, who has 'sinned' against several teams, then be banned so that teams who have not been involved gain the advantage/ 

Is it just me, or has football become so much dirtier than in used to be, when the appearance of the Referee's book was a most infrequent sight. 

Another is treatment ob the pitch. If a player is injured and requires treatment, take him to the touchline and treat him there.

The one sight which does annoy me however is the crowding of the Ref. at every decision. Accept the decision , fairly or not, and retreat, or expect another free kick to be give 5 yards further on.

We often poo-poo Rugby's use of Video Refs, but these are normally only used for grounding the ball correctly, much the same as our goal line technology. And , as in cricket, the Ref makes a preliminary decision. The video ref is asked 'I have/not awarded a try. Is this correct?'

A rugby match lasts 10 minutes less than a soccer game, but there seems to be far less time wasted.  

25 minutes ago, camffiti said:

There's so much money in football and that's why its morally bankrupt 

Any new rule will be exploited for cheating 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hyperbolic nonsense. It's no where close to being morally bankrupt, as evidenced by the reaction of our players to what they perceived as cheating. They wouldn't have been so outraged if moral value wasn't still alive and kicking in the game.

6 minutes ago, cowl said:

Hyperbolic nonsense. It's no where close to being morally bankrupt, as evidenced by the reaction of our players to what they perceived as cheating. They wouldn't have been so outraged if moral value wasn't still alive and kicking in the game.

Players are outraged when they don't win a throw in, that blatantly isn't theirs 

It's all part of the game 

Nearly forgot to add - Look into FIFA and tell me football isn't morally bankrupt 

Edited by camffiti
  • Thanks 1

Im not a rugby fan but I actually watched the England game yesterday and there are lots of things we could adopt to improve football. 

The major thing I noticed was the time keeping. Every time it was needed the clock stopped...this would definitely stop time wasting cheats and players going down with fake injuries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Beholder said:

No rule change needed. 

Trainer on immediately for head injury. Player then has to leave field.

If ref suspects faking he just delays re entry

• Like 1

Just now, camffiti said:

Players are outraged when they don't win a throw in, that blatantly isn't theirs 

It's all part of the game 

You think the 'outrage' players generally show when they don't win a throw in they think is theirs is the same as the reaction our players showed in the face of Fulham's antics on Saturday? Give over.

30 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

I mostly agree, but unfortunately that punishes those that legitimately do need treatment, leaving their team with 10 men for 5 minutes.

Which then leads to ideas like temporary substutions, but as has been inferred elsewhere on here, that may encourage a different kind of exploitation.

Tough one.

Do same as in rugby bring on a sub if the injury is genuine the sub stays on if not player comes back on. 

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Im not a rugby fan but I actually watched the England game yesterday and there are lots of things we could adopt to improve football. 

The major thing I noticed was the time keeping. Every time it was needed the clock stopped...this would definitely stop time wasting cheats and players going down with fake injuries. 

Been calls for a while now saying that time keeping should be done by 4th official or an official time keeper.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cowl said:

Said it before, everybody hates a dirty trick unless they're in on it.

47 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

Tough one.

Just make it a 2 min stoppage in play and use VAR to review if a card is needed to play acting or a foul

Guest Bulgaria

If the ref sees claret, stop the game. If not play on.

It's all elf and safety innit.

All this fake crap and diving is now deemed part of the game, if the powers that be wanted to stop it they would.

I've said before, young uns will be discussing the best dives rather than goals in the future.

It's just Shiite.

Edited by Bulgaria

1 hour ago, Samurai Blue said:

Tough one.

In this day and age, you would probably substitute someone with a head injury 8 times out of 10. 

Napoli played their goalkeeper after a head injury and he collapsed...it’s not the done thing anymore. https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11668931/napolis-david-ospina-in-hospital-after-suffering-head-injury

Gone are the days of...

F662DB4C-2333-4ED2-964E-BCD8679FF026.jpeg

Edited by Rogers

32 minutes ago, cowl said:

You think the 'outrage' players generally show when they don't win a throw in they think is theirs is the same as the reaction our players showed in the face of Fulham's antics on Saturday? Give over.

Does it matter?

Refs deal with 22 t*ssers who cry wolf, every week. That's bound to affect their judgement of how genuine outrage is.

Crying wolf about head injuries to exploit the new(ish) concussion rules, could have serious consequences, as the refs become jaded to it 

Anyway, referee management is just one dirty aspect football

make them leave the field, give them 5 mins recovery time if there is no show then bring the sub on  that will make the shysters think twice and I daresay the managers would take notice of the cheats ,you can't be too carful over head injuries because one day the injury might be true and the ref ignore's it