PLAYERS HOLDING HEAD FAKING INJURY

This is a dangerous topic as any action doesn't want to impact on the actual  serious injuries. But it's being exploited more and more unfortunately. 

For me they should leave the field for a mandatory concussion check thus losing the services of a man. Normally you'd think they should be replaced but I can see that being tactically exploited too (say take a striker off for a defender for last 5 mins when all subs made etc) unless it was a foul that caused the head injury. 

Although there may be instances where a genuine clash of heads could me a a team is hard done by, it should offset the clear cheats.

In my mind this and time keeping is the biggest issues (apart from phase 2 offside). Time keeping should be independent and reduced to a 60 min game with the clock stopped everytime the ball is out of play. Would render time wasting pointless. Plus you'd actually get more game play. Nail these 2 aspects and the game should flow better and discourage cheating.   Of course prob not for long as people always find a loop hole unfortunately. 

Oh and the refs should be miked up. Again that should stop the players giving dogs abuse to them and the crowd can hear exactly what's going on. Until players respect refs and the game it will continue. (not that some refs help themselves sometimes).

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

The only way around this is that a mandatory 5 minute off fiend examination happens for all players with a 'head injury'

That'll stop the cnvts clutching their heads..

If it is genuine, this would be necessary anyway. 

Wouldn't that start causing opponents to give head injuries out (sounds morally wrong, but if it meant the other side being down to 10 for 5 minutes and getting away with it....)

• Haha 1

I said on Saturday when 2 of their players went down simultaneously clutching their heads that they should have to go off to be assessed. 

The more I think about it the more this rule would make sense. 

If there's a genuine clash of heads, 2 opposing players involved, they both go off to be looked at. Minimum 5 minutes to assess the situation. If its one player involved and a foul is given, the perpetrator stays off until both can return. 

This will cut out faking. Any genuine player who gets a genuine head injury needs to be tended to so would want the treatment. 

Convince me I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rogers said:

In this day and age, you would probably substitute someone with a head injury 8 times out of 10. 

Napoli played their goalkeeper after a head injury and he collapsed...it’s not the done thing anymore. https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11668931/napolis-david-ospina-in-hospital-after-suffering-head-injury

Gone are the days of...

F662DB4C-2333-4ED2-964E-BCD8679FF026.jpeg

Little scratch compared to Mick Lyons. :biggrin:

Image result for mick lyons sheffield wednesday

7 hours ago, 1947OWL said:

This antic is becoming common in matches, as we witnessed from the Fulham player last match.

Watched the world cup rugby yesterday, a player went down holding his head, referee immediately had him leave the field for an assessment.

COULD BE THE DETERRENT FOOTBALL NEEDS TO STOP THESE CHEATS. 

Players do  it  knowing full well the ref must stop the game. They use the rules to waste as much time as possible.

7 hours ago, Beholder said:

The only way around this is that a mandatory 5 minute off fiend examination happens for all players with a 'head injury'

That'll stop the cnvts clutching their heads..

If it is genuine, this would be necessary anyway. 

I'd go one step further - they can't play in the next match be it Cup or League

• Thanks 1

It couldn’t be more simple.

1. Independent time keeper. 

2. Head injury 5 minutes off the pitch to be assessed. 

3. Ban players and hefty fines for those found to be feigning injury. Easily done watching back the matches.

Honestly no idea why this hasn’t been put in place years ago. It’d cut out so much none sense from the game and discourage cheats.

Edited by jonesy87shef
  • Thanks 1

Still consider that all but the worst injuries should be treated pff the field or on the field while the match carries on. It happens in both Rugby codes.

Same with substitutions. The player being substituted should go off before the sub is  allowed on. This could be governed by the 4th Official while play goes on.

12 hours ago, 1947OWL said:

This antic is becoming common in matches, as we witnessed from the Fulham player last match.

Watched the world cup rugby yesterday, a player went down holding his head, referee immediately had him leave the field for an assessment.

COULD BE THE DETERRENT FOOTBALL NEEDS TO STOP THESE CHEATS. 

Sorry but our own Mr Fletcher is the absolute king of this. He literally makes me cringe.

I don't think players actually realise how bad this looks on them. Rolling around like handbags holding their heads when the big screen in the ground clearly shows they did get contact but on their shoulders.

Very un-manly they probably pee sat down

12 hours ago, Plonk said:

Someone was telling me yesterday they are considering a new rule where an additional sub can be used for head injuries. That won’t get abused will it.  Bloody joke that with Fulham. Did anyone else notice how quickly their players “ recovered” at that drop ball. And they were telling the ref it had to go back to the keeper. Morons. 

It's a wonder he didn't listen to them and award them a free ball. Seemed to do everything else wrong. 

11 hours ago, tarn owl said:

I don't know what the perfect solution is, but what i do know is Fulham were one of the most boring passing the ball sideways for 70 minutes, cheating holding their faces, diving, trying to get players booked, faking injuries, god awful teams i have seen down at Hillsborough. I would hate to have a season ticket at Craven Cottage to watch that entitled lot of idiots pass the ball 3 yards all game and think they are playing 'good football'. Teams don't normally get what they deserve, but that last minute equaliser is what they deserved, i lost it when it went in shouting at all the Fulham players that they were cheats and got what they deserved, I'm sure they heard every word. lol

Love all the adjectives describing Fulham. Pretty spot on. I'd love to know how many times their players went down over the course of the match. I have the full match but I haven't got the time, patience or desire to watch those cheating feckers for another 90+ minutes.