Wednesday - V- Fulham OMDT

The reaction on here makes it sound like the first half was far more disastrous than it was - no we didn't have much of the ball but I was perfectly happy for Mawson and Ream to sit and shuttle the ball between them, we were restricting the space in danger areas well.

I'm more frustrated about the one moment where we allowed ourselves to be carved open than the approach - but it's now a big test for Monk to see what he can do to try and get us something from a far from advantageous position.

I thought we looked okay for the first twenty minutes: we were defensively sound but creating decent opportunities when we went forwards.

Then we started giving the ball away every time we ventured into the Fulham half, and our game plan went to pot.

A lot more composure is needed if we're going to get back into this.

10 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Dinosaur football.

They bring it out, no press, chasing shadows, hit it long to Flecther not winning any second balls, repeat!

Awful to watch!

Midfield 3 are non existent so far. Nowhere near the ball when it breaks loose. 

All decent enough players, but as collective, they weren't good enough 4 years ago.

Need to try and get Luongo into the side for me. 

5 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Because we've won vs bottom strugglers like Bolton and Luton and last weekend Huddersfield that are in free fall, but we struggle once we meet teams that hover around the play offs.

I think I could muster up a team to beat Bolton :biggrin:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Always the fans fault innit 

Give ur head a shake if u think the level of support at Hillsborough is anywhere near decent 

Garbage atmosphere 

Just now, RichieB said:

Why is that do you think? 

I remember a time we used to get behind the team regardless, not pi55 whinge and cry about every single little thing 

Half of em only turn up to boo