everton ticket allocation

Guest The Claw

11 hours ago, Mark Pembridge said:

Last time Everton played at Hillsborough was league cup 2008 attendance was 16,463 Everton were only allowed west upper, it’s not like it’s a new thing. 

Cant understand why more wont turn up but historically it shouldn’t be surprising 

Yet when we played them in 1978 in the league cup, when we were in the old 3rd division, there was 36000 in the ground, the cups were a big thing back then but sadly not any longer.

A link here to Wednesday's results versus Everton...... https://www.11v11.com/teams/sheffield-wednesday/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Everton/

We struggled to beat them in the 80's but put the bogey to rest in the 90's where our record against them was a lot better..

Edited by The Italian Stallion

16 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I might be wrong but I thought north stand no longer went on general sale? As mentioned above I am bringing my kids and was under impression I therefore had to move stands for this one.

I think season ticket holders had to buy their usual seats before they went on general sale, after which they are available for anyone to buy. As they are now on general sale, If you can find 3 together you should be able to book them online. 

29 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

Everton just don't have the same appeal as one of the top sides. 

Had fortunes been different we could easily have been in the situation they are in now. 

care to expand on how we could easily be in there  situation …….

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

care to expand on how we could easily be in there  situation …….

Pretty obvious. Throughout the mid-late 90s we were both mid-table/relegation threatened teams all be it with Everton having cup success. Then we both turned to an up and coming manager. We failed twice in Wilson and Jewell and they had moderate success with Moyes, and here we are. Being mediocre in the 00s was expenentially more financially beneficial than in the 90s. Still no guarentee of staying in the top division but it certainly helps.

Everton are crap, probably put their second team out aswell. We will no doubt start with Big Dave and Rhodes up front.

Crappy standard league cup night game with zero atmosphere a few happy claps here and there.

Its a good night for monk to see the rest of the squad in competitive action though and hopefully after seeing winnall today he is giving the others a clean slate and a chance.

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

Everton are crap, probably put their second team out aswell. We will no doubt start with Big Dave and Rhodes up front.

Crappy standard league cup night game with zero atmosphere a few happy claps here and there.

Its a good night for monk to see the rest of the squad in competitive action though and hopefully after seeing winnall today he is giving the others a clean slate and a chance.

Bit like Arsenal.  That was a shitnight...

• Haha 1

On 13/09/2019 at 18:50, Ash76 said:

Our fans are embarrassingly bad

’but but we took 85k yo Cardiff for league 1 play off final’

I wouldn’t actually mind so much if we didn’t big ourselves up all the time. A real annoyance I when everyone claps the attendance after its read out, cringeworthy 

I don’t think there’s too many clubs that would regularly still get 25,000 fans through the gates after 20 years out of the Premier League.

And then you factor in our high ticket prices (not referring to this game; £20 to see us play an established Prem team is reasonable), whilst considering that South Yorkshire doesn’t have high wages compared to most other parts of the country.  I don’t think we do too badly.

Still, you keep telling us how crap our fans are.

20 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Bit like Arsenal.  That was a shitnight...

Bit of a difference between Arsenal and Everton but you already knew that before you wasted your time quoting.

But I am sure when we beat Everton you will be there going mental with your lighter in the air though like a good un!

16 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Agree, hate winning 3-0 against a prem side in front of a full house.

Much prefer 8500 against Gillingham.

Probably be just a bit more for everton as they have the same appeal as Gillingham

On 15/09/2019 at 18:39, Westfield Owl said:

I don’t think there’s too many clubs that would regularly still get 25,000 fans through the gates after 20 years out of the Premier League.

And then you factor in our high ticket prices (not referring to this game; £20 to see us play an established Prem team is reasonable), whilst considering that South Yorkshire doesn’t have high wages compared to most other parts of the country.  I don’t think we do too badly.

Still, you keep telling us how crap our fans are.

We have averaged 20,000 over the last 20 years. It's absolutely remarkable and there are only a handful of clubs who would do that if they had 20 years of mostly rubbish in the second and third tiers against Dagenham, Rushden etc. Our fans are amongst the best in the country. No question.

• Like 1