Team for Rotherham

Micky mouse game etc etc

But a chance to have a look at some of the players. Get them some match time under their belts and get the legs go in a way that training doesn't really match.

Who's in?

There's one or two that might have got a run out that might now be closer to the first XI after Saturday. 

Dawson

Iorfa         Lees       Bates       Fox

Luongo    Pelupessy

Forestieri                                   Reach

Rhodes      Winnall

Maybe Nuihu has done enough that he might be considered for QPR

Do we rest Lee and Hutchinson?

Maybe we look at another system? 

I doubt it but you never know.

Dawson

Bates        Lees       Borner   

Iorfa            Luongo      Pelupessy          Reach

Forestieri

Nuhiu       Rhodes

Perhaps Westwood wants to play. Get some more game time and match practise under his own belt after a slowish start?

Do we get to see Bates?

Luongo is short of match practise having been sidelined by QPR pre-season. He'll definitely benefit from some match time.

Or will he get thrown straight in against his old club on Saturday. He's certainly be fired up for it. 

Aye. It's a nothing game this, but there's places in the first team that need challenging and there's a few who will be chomping at the bit.

Harris might be rested. He has to be doesn't he?

He's been our best weapon. Don't want to risk him?

Plenty to think about. 

• Like 1

I prefer the first line up, but with Borner in for Lee’s, keeping that left right combination. However, is it likely we will steer away from the 4-3-3 system. Suppose if one of Winnall or Rhodes go wide, and Reach drops into midfield, we can stay with the same set up

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I prefer the first line up, but with Borner in for Lee’s, keeping that left right combination. However, is it likely we will steer away from the 4-3-3 system. Suppose if one of Winnall or Rhodes go wide, and Reach drops into midfield, we can stay with the same set up

I'd think if Rhodes plays it has to be in a two.

Guest domSWFC

Play a strong side, give players like Murphy and Odubajo a chance to impress after being hit and miss this season. 

Rest Lee, Hutchinson, Lees, Westwood, Fletcher and Reach. Give Forestieri, Bates, Luongo, Rhodes all a chance to put on a show. 

LINEUP111566905100724.png

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

Play a strong side, give players like Murphy and Odubajo a chance to impress after being hit and miss this season. 

Rest Lee, Hutchinson, Lees, Westwood, Fletcher and Reach. Give Forestieri, Bates, Luongo, Rhodes all a chance to put on a show. 

LINEUP111566905100724.png

Rhodes alone up top?

To have any chance of getting even a sniff of his former self out of him I think it has to be a two.

Novak, Lee, Gestede. He has to have that bigger, defender annoying foil alongside him. 

34 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Dawson

Iorfa         Lees       Bates       Fox

Luongo    Pelupessy

Forestieri                                   Reach

Rhodes      Winnall

Like this line up. Would be tempted to play Thorniley instead of Lees and Fraser Preston instead of Reach and stick Fessi on the left wing. But I understand that Reach and Lees might be needed for experience, are less injury prone than others and will definitely get international break off unlike Westwood, Fletcher, Palmer and possibly Bannan.

I like Thorniley and Preston when they played under Jos, and i think would be nice to see them again. But Bullen will judge if they are ready for it, as Rotherham will not make it easy for us.

• Like 1

Westwood

Iorfa           Lees       Bates

Lee      Luongo     Pelupessy    Bannan   Reach

Rhodes         Forestieri

• Like 1