Wednesday need a "Big" new manager

Been out of football for ages now, what will he actually know the game has changed so much over the couple of years players and the game it’s self. Sick of this we need a big name talk, no we don’t we just need a manger with a plan and the right tactics, hence why I wouldn’t mind the cowerly brothers. 

51 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

The problem with hiring Allardyce is, unless he sees a project here, which he hasn't been known for unless you count Bolton, he would be off as soon as the first wave of premier league sacking happen.

I would rather take an up and coming manager which is still a risk but at least there's less chance of premier clubs poaching. However, like players in league 1 and 2, they come with a seemingly unrealistic price tag.

Whomever we recruit, the fan base will remain split. I can't remember the last time all fans were, as a majority, behind a manager

You've got a short memory, think back to June of this year. We were all behind the manager and looking forward to a great season.

That went well.lol

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I agree we need a big name/exciting appointment but Big Sam can fuckright off!  Greedy, uninterested old dinosaur!

OH NO! we've got the 'dinosaur' reference out again.

i'm not sure he's the man by any distance, but I do think we should stop erecting hurdles for wednesday to get over before moving forward. 

though in the same line, 'no more charlatans' either. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Romanian football is crap by the way. Like watching park teams play.

It’s not that bad. There are some great young players who are playing for the love of the game. Considering most teams have less backing than some UK non-league teams, I think they are doing well with what they have. 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

Been out of football for ages now, what will he actually know the game has changed so much over the couple of years players and the game it’s self. Sick of this we need a big name talk, no we don’t we just need a manger with a plan and the right tactics, hence why I wouldn’t mind the cowerly brothers. 

Allardyce left the club on 16 May 2018. Assuming we can discount the closed season he's been out a year. Newcastle offered him the job of manager earlier this season so they don't think he's past it.

The question is would he lower himself to manage us? He's the sort of person who could get the cub as a whole on a proper footing not just the team.

I'd be happy to have him even if the style was nothing exciting if it set us up for the future. Doubt he would join us though unless it was as a sort of part time DOF.