Wednesday need a "Big" new manager

10 minutes ago, prowl said:

You've got a short memory, think back to June of this year. We were all behind the manager and looking forward to a great season.

That went well.lol

True, I kind of meant during the season! And I bet there was some keyboard warriors somewhere in their mums basement tapping their fingernails waiting for Bruce to lose a game so they could see how fast they could type "I told you so" whilst mummy cleans the folds between their moobs and their gut

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Woah Woah there, I'm not pushing any case for Bullen, if he does the job then I'll give him my support as much as thats worth.  

In my opinion there are no decent British managers available and they would not be an upgrade on Bullen.  In terms of SA my concerns that he's been out of the game for a while and has the game overtaken him tactic wise etc?

Plus the fact he wouldn't come cheap and DC has been burnt already paying for the best.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with another manager from abroad.

tactics in football haven't moved on that far in such a short time, surely?

the only movement I've seen is 'daring the opposition forwards to take it off our backs in front of our goal'.

i'm not quite sure that can be listed under 'positive progress' and think in may well be better under 'the emperor's new clothes'.

1 minute ago, Chris Apolon said:

True, I kind of meant during the season! And I bet there was some keyboard warriors somewhere in their mums basement tapping their fingernails waiting for Bruce to lose a game so they could see how fast they could type "I told you so" whilst mummy cleans the folds between their moobs and their gut

Have you hacked my web cam? Mum wants to know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris Apolon said:

The problem with hiring Allardyce is, unless he sees a project here, which he hasn't been known for unless you count Bolton, he would be off as soon as the first wave of premier league sacking happen.

I would rather take an up and coming manager which is still a risk but at least there's less chance of premier clubs poaching. However, like players in league 1 and 2, they come with a seemingly unrealistic price tag.

Whomever we recruit, the fan base will remain split. I can't remember the last time all fans were, as a majority, behind a manager

as much as I don't want to 'gamble' any more than necessary, I think looking at 'the list' and omitting hughton, we maybe better looking elsewhere or waiting for the first premier sacking.

who's at watford this month?

3 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I agree we need a big name/exciting appointment but Big Sam can fuckright off!  Greedy, uninterested old dinosaur!

But with a very good record at this level.

if Allardyce got going here I think there would be enough to keep him as the potential is there..

Not convinced a Prem club would have him at this stage tbh.

7 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

But with a very good record at this level.

if Allardyce got going here I think there would be enough to keep him as the potential is there..

Not convinced a Prem club would have him at this stage tbh.

with the premier taste for 'johnny foreigner' at present, likely you're correct.

he should have the depth of knowledge to push us forwards too.

The only reason Bullen is in job at moment is finance. he is the cheap option if he could do a job we would save money. Hughton reason for not wanting to come I hear is he was not offered enough money to to do the job. Although to get a manager at a fraction of what Bruce is on would be good for current cash flow in long term it is false economy. Same person who told me it was a money issue with CH also said we were saving over £100,000 a month since Bruce and cohorts left. Apparently we are striving to keep losses under £20 million for current year.

Hence it is unlikely we will get a name as manager. Foreign managers are cheap and quite often diabolical at this level unless bringing in known entity which would be expensive. Think option is to look for promising young manager to take us forward who fits bill of good idea what championship is about has cut teeth and done well. Lee Bowyer and Steve  Cooper are currently doing well and not on big money whilst not suggesting either of these for job it shows their are young managers who are out their who could do a job and would not cost a fortune. Think Alex Neill will also be on a relatively modest wage for a manager at Preston. It would cost a million to buy Cowley's out of contract at Lincoln and this may be reason for them not being pursued. 

Bullen does not have wide enough experience to do job this is clear from way gone about job. His record is mainly inward facing and has spent last 15 years in and around this club with little time away. Foreign coaches who are unknown are extremely high risk and we can not afford another of these. 

Personally after being told we are going for a manager who fits a tight budget I have no idea who will walk through door.

2 hours ago, Quist said:

The only reason Bullen is in job at moment is finance. he is the cheap option if he could do a job we would save money. Hughton reason for not wanting to come I hear is he was not offered enough money to to do the job. Although to get a manager at a fraction of what Bruce is on would be good for current cash flow in long term it is false economy. Same person who told me it was a money issue with CH also said we were saving over £100,000 a month since Bruce and cohorts left. Apparently we are striving to keep losses under £20 million for current year.

Hence it is unlikely we will get a name as manager. Foreign managers are cheap and quite often diabolical at this level unless bringing in known entity which would be expensive. Think option is to look for promising young manager to take us forward who fits bill of good idea what championship is about has cut teeth and done well. Lee Bowyer and Steve  Cooper are currently doing well and not on big money whilst not suggesting either of these for job it shows their are young managers who are out their who could do a job and would not cost a fortune. Think Alex Neill will also be on a relatively modest wage for a manager at Preston. It would cost a million to buy Cowley's out of contract at Lincoln and this may be reason for them not being pursued. 

Bullen does not have wide enough experience to do job this is clear from way gone about job. His record is mainly inward facing and has spent last 15 years in and around this club with little time away. Foreign coaches who are unknown are extremely high risk and we can not afford another of these. 

Personally after being told we are going for a manager who fits a tight budget I have no idea who will walk through door.

Take-a-break and Woman's Own are looking for submissions to their letters page.. have a try there..you might win £25..

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Quist said:

Megson? Or Maybe Bullen will be appointed after we hit six past Rotherham? (Nuhiu scoring three)

25 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

Do they have to be big though?

Couldn't we just get someone averaged size and feed them up?

We haven't got that sort of patience. 

We need someone who is already massive.

Don't know if you've heard but if we don't beat QPR convincingly on Saturday we can forget about promotion.

• Haha 1