Wednesday need a "Big" new manager

The Club was wallowing in the Third Division in the 1970's with crowds down to 8,000 but Big Jack somehow said that he would take it on.

Huge progress was made that HW finished off in getting SWFC back into the top tier of English Football.

Big Ron then gave us a trophy and our best team since the early 1960's.

The pattern is absolutley clear:

Arise Big Sam!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Owls Loyal said:

The Club was wallowing in the Third Division in the 1970's with crowds down to 8,000 but Big Jack somehow said that he would take it on.

Huge progress was made that HW finished off in getting SWFC back into the top tier of English Football.

Big Ron then gave us a trophy and our best team since the early 1960's.

The pattern is absolutley clear:

Arise Big Sam!

I agree we need a big name/exciting appointment but Big Sam can fuckright off!  Greedy, uninterested old dinosaur!

Sam's super. Or is Dan the Man and we are waiting for the Romanians to get Clujed this week?

Given the way he mugged Lennon with innovative tactics and managing and motivating a team that cost two bob, would be a great choice.

Plus maybe an earner for Paxo as he tried for him before, circa 2015 AD (After Doyen).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

Sam's super. Or is Dan the Man and we are waiting for the Romanians to get Clujed this week?

Given the way he mugged Lennon with innovative tactics and managing and motivating a team that cost two bob, would be a great choice.

Plus maybe an earner for Paxo as he tried for him before, circa 2015 AD (After Doyen).

Petrescu currently sits top of the league in Romania however he is playing in front of tiny crowds.

They are still in the Champions League though and having been in China he is now "home" which may also be a factor.

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Petrescu currently sits top of the league in Romania however he is playing in front of tiny crowds.

They are still in the Champions League though and having been in China he is now "home" which may also be a factor.

Sorry, shouldn't try to invent verbs on here.

To clarify, to be Clujed means to lose in Champions League this week then treble your wages and player budget by rejoining club where you were brilliant and could adapt in 5 mins, while earning Paxo bunce.

But Big Sam's next best thing.

27 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Doing the 'honourable' thing and agreeing to wait until they are out of the champions League is the sort of thing DC would do I think..... maybe it is welcome home Dan, time to finish the unfinished business from before?

I have seen Mycroft's posts on here pushing the case for Lee Bullen who has never managed a team in his life as a Permanent Manager..

But most people realise that Lee Bullen is not the man.

I do believe we almost need to save Lee from himself.

In terms of Big Sam he won promotion with West Ham Utd and kept them up in the Premier League.

He kept Sunderland and Crystal Palace in the Premier against all odds.

And let us not forget that he had Bolton Wanderers playing in Europe.  Yes, Europe!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I have seen Mycroft's posts on here pushing the case for Lee Bullen who has never managed a team in his life as a Permanent Manager..

But most people realise that Lee Bullen is not the man.

I do believe we almost need to save Lee from himself.

In terms of Big Sam he won promotion with West Ham Utd and kept them up in the Premier League.

He kept Sunderland and Crystal Palace in the Premier against all odds.

And let us not forget that he had Bolton Wanderers playing in Europe.  Yes, Europe!

Woah Woah there, I'm not pushing any case for Bullen, if he does the job then I'll give him my support as much as thats worth.  

In my opinion there are no decent British managers available and they would not be an upgrade on Bullen.  In terms of SA my concerns that he's been out of the game for a while and has the game overtaken him tactic wise etc?

Plus the fact he wouldn't come cheap and DC has been burnt already paying for the best.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with another manager from abroad.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

When did "Big Sam" last get promoted?  Must be many moons ago, is he still up with modern tactics and strategy? 

The game has probably left him behind and I suggest that's the best place to leave him.

When did Pep last get promoted?

If you spend most of your career in the top flight you dont need to get promoted 

• Like 1

The problem with hiring Allardyce is, unless he sees a project here, which he hasn't been known for unless you count Bolton, he would be off as soon as the first wave of premier league sacking happen.

I would rather take an up and coming manager which is still a risk but at least there's less chance of premier clubs poaching. However, like players in league 1 and 2, they come with a seemingly unrealistic price tag.

Whomever we recruit, the fan base will remain split. I can't remember the last time all fans were, as a majority, behind a manager

• Like 1