Assists
Yellow
Red

2019-20

2018-19

2017-18

2016-17

2015-16

Hardly groundbreaking stats for supposedly one of the best players in the league according to most on here. His stats even in 16/17 are bang average 

He hasn’t got the discipline or self management to be a starter and never has. Perfect for the last 20 mins when you need a spark.

I can’t believe I’m on my own thinking this. 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Hardly groundbreaking stats for supposedly one of the best players in the league according to most on here. His stats even in 16/17 are bang average 

He hasn’t got the discipline or self management to be a starter and never has. Perfect for the last 20 mins when you need a spark.

I can’t believe I’m on my own thinking this. 

You’re not. I’ve been saying it for 18 months. The FF story here is a myth. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

I wouldn’t play anyone whose not willing to track back or play certain positions. Forestieri isn’t good enough for me to have a complete free role in the team.

Under no circumstances did we ever play 3 at the back under Carlos. We consistently played 442 and he was criticised for never changing that.

FF despite his bellyaching did  track back. 

Yes we did play three at the back. Don’t just look at the line on the team sheet.

In CC’s first season Hutch regularly dropped deep onto the centre half’s toes and our full backs pushed high up the pitch. FF then wandered inside from the wing. Like I said earlier whether by design or not we most definitely did this. It was generally in the second half’s of matches after a cagey narrow 442 first half. Second season teams sussed this out.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Walt said:

FF despite his bellyaching did  track back. 

Yes we did play three at the back. Don’t just look at the line on the team sheet.

In CC’s first season Hutch regularly dropped deep onto the centre half’s toes and our full backs pushed high up the pitch. FF then wandered inside from the wing. Like I said earlier whether by design or not we most definitely did this. It was generally in the second half’s of matches after a cagey narrow 442 first half. Second season teams sussed this out.

No we didn’t. He lined up 442 and Bannan was the one who would play on the left back then, Not Forestieri. He played centrally with either Nuhiu or Joao up top till Hooper joined. 

On 21/08/2019 at 08:08, mogbad said:

Judging by last night I'd rather he brought a 3 legged donkey on instead of Winnall.

Ah, the much maligned 3 legged beast. Will make a lot of appearances  on here, especially as we've also got Nuhiu and Rhodes as back up to Fletcher. 

Tha's why it's obvious that 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 is now our best option. And well done Bully for sticking with it.

:bullen:

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

No we didn’t. He lined up 442 and Bannan was the one who would play on the left back then, Not Forestieri. He played centrally with either Nuhiu or Joao up top till Hooper joined. 

I know that is how we mainly lined up on paper until Hooper joined (CC's first season) and how we started games with FF up front - 442. Look what happened during most games though, like I said we generally evolved from a back four (*442) to a back three after a cagey narrow 442 in the first half. Look at the players we had on the pitch (at various times), Bannan playing left mid is always going to come central - he just can't help it, Hutch naturally drops deep and then there's Lee, Wallace and Lopez. Wallace was the one who you'd call a natural wide player but even he was asked to play narrow 'compact'

Again whether by design or coincidence we ended up with a back three, the full backs then pushed high up the pitch to provide the width as all our midfielders were central / interchanging, then you had FF imo who played from out to in despite him being down as a central striker on the team sheet.

Second season and we've got Fletcher, Hooper, FF, Joao, Nuhiu and then later Winnall and Rhodes all wanting to play central. FF mainly found himself on the left of a 442 and it generally stayed a dour 442 without the movement from the first season.

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

I know that is how we mainly lined up on paper until Hooper joined (CC's first season) and how we started games with FF up front - 442. Look what happened during most games though, like I said we generally evolved from a back four (*442) to a back three after a cagey narrow 442 in the first half. Look at the players we had on the pitch (at various times), Bannan playing left mid is always going to come central - he just can't help it, Hutch naturally drops deep and then there's Lee, Wallace and Lopez. Wallace was the one who you'd call a natural wide player but even he was asked to play narrow 'compact'

Again whether by design or coincidence we ended up with a back three, the full backs then pushed high up the pitch to provide the width as all our midfielders were central / interchanging, then you had FF imo who played from out to in despite him being down as a central striker on the team sheet.

Second season and we've got Fletcher, Hooper, FF, Joao, Nuhiu and then later Winnall and Rhodes all wanting to play central. FF mainly found himself on the left of a 442 and it generally stayed a dour 442 without the movement from the first season.

Hutch played like 20 games. Forestieri mainly played striker. Just because Harris scores from 6 yards the other day doesn’t make him a striker. Forestieri mainly played central. 

11 minutes ago, Walt said:

Plus your talking tactics. Not formations. We never lined up with a 3 man defence. Off your basis Man City line up 2-1-7

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Plus your talking tactics. Not formations. We never lined up with a 3 man defence. Off your basis Man City line up 2-1-7

Don't watch Man City - can't comment.

We are going around in circles. I never said we lined up with a back three (always a four under CC) although it probably would have suited the players we had in that first season. We ended up imo playing with a back three though in many games in that first season, whether that be Hutch, Lopez or whoever dropping deep.  

Harris was doing what a winger should do when the ball is on the opposite flank.

We aren't going to agree, so be it. I have FF down as playing mainly wide left in his time here especially in the second season and then again until Bruce arrived, who first thought he was better as number 10 and gave him a few games there.

Jos briefly got FF playing like his old self in that run at the back end of his first season. Funnily enough Jos was mainly playing a back 3/5.

Where would you play him in the current set up? I can't see a place for him as he can't play the lone striker, we don't play with a no.10 and Harris is on fire on the left at the moment. I'd always have him on the bench though as he is more versatile than Rhodes or Winnall.

37 minutes ago, Walt said:

Don't watch Man City - can't comment.

We are going around in circles. I never said we lined up with a back three (always a four under CC) although it probably would have suited the players we had in that first season. We ended up imo playing with a back three though in many games in that first season, whether that be Hutch, Lopez or whoever dropping deep.  

Harris was doing what a winger should do when the ball is on the opposite flank.

We aren't going to agree, so be it. I have FF down as playing mainly wide left in his time here especially in the second season and then again until Bruce arrived, who first thought he was better as number 10 and gave him a few games there.

Jos briefly got FF playing like his old self in that run at the back end of his first season. Funnily enough Jos was mainly playing a back 3/5.

Where would you play him in the current set up? I can't see a place for him as he can't play the lone striker, we don't play with a no.10 and Harris is on fire on the left at the moment. I'd always have him on the bench though as he is more versatile than Rhodes or Winnall.

Don’t rate care. You said we play with 3 defenders we don’t and that Forestieri played left mainly and he didn’t. 

36 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Don’t rate care. You said we play with 3 defenders we don’t and that Forestieri played left mainly and he didn’t. 

You need to read what I had written and look what happens on the pitch during games. If you couldn't see that we often ended up with a back three in CC's first season either by design or otherwise despite us always setting up 442 I don't know what you were watching. If you couldn't see that FF more often played left wing then I give up. 

6 minutes ago, Walt said:

You need to read what I had written and look what happens on the pitch during games. If you couldn't see that we often ended up with a back three in CC's first season either by design or otherwise despite us always setting up 442 I don't know what you were watching. If you couldn't see that FF more often played left wing then I give up. 

Edit: FF has more often played left wing during his time here where his best performances have been.