Bruce

44 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Thought about this yesterday as Newcastle got tonked by Norwich

Putting aside the emotional view, if it meant we had a better chance of going up, yes - problem is, he’d probably disappear again if another Prem offer materialised (though that might not so readily occur if he fails at Newcastle).  

..Plus the acrimony of his departure is probably too great to just pick up again, despite the brevity of his departure. 

As things stand, just shows what a silly decision it was to leave  - he had everything to gain here with a settled fit (for once) squad and all to lose at Newcastle.

write into his contract something like a £10m release clause for him 'jumping ship again'.

he is in my opinion THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB without doubt, and soon to be available.

like it or not, it maybe one of the 'cards' dc is holding in his hand.

If we took him back, I'd lose a lot of respect for DC.

Already starting to get concerned why he's struggling to bring in somebody decent.

Are we really that unattractive as a club ?  I'd imagine we pay well, and we have a more than half decent squad.

Make a decision please DC, as it won't be long before we are treading water.

46 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Thought about this yesterday as Newcastle got tonked by Norwich

Putting aside the emotional view, if it meant we had a better chance of going up, yes - problem is, he’d probably disappear again if another Prem offer materialised (though that might not so readily occur if he fails at Newcastle).  

..Plus the acrimony of his departure is probably too great to just pick up again, despite the brevity of his departure. 

As things stand, just shows what a silly decision it was to leave  - he had everything to gain here with a settled fit (for once) squad and all to lose at Newcastle.

Agree with this.

If he could somehow apologise and convince Chansiri that he'd been a fool and win him over. Then that would be enough for me. But I'd definitely leave Agnew and Clemence on the dole.

But you can't take the emotion out of the situation. Much like the talk of Milan appointing Colin a few years ago: without the Blades link, he would have been perfect for us, but when half (or more) of the fan base is against the manager from the start, it's an impossible task. So it's a no from me.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Agree with this.

If he could somehow apologise and convince Chansiri that he'd been a fool and win him over. Then that would be enough for me. But I'd definitely leave Agnew and Clemence on the dole.

But you can't take the emotion out of the situation. Much like the talk of Milan appointing Colin a few years ago: without the Blades link, he would have been perfect for us, but when half (or more) of the fan base is against the manager from the start, it's an impossible task. So it's a no from me.

I think that dc has to prove he has bigger ballz than milan had.

it's way past the time when elements of sheffield wednesday's support stopped putting obstructions in the way of wednesday's success. 

'we should play this way, we shouldn't play that, we don't want him here, he 's the wrong type, he's managed them' 

get the right man, not another sheffield wednesday pc decision, the time for decisive action is NOW.

the NOW in the 'dreamers' heads will never come, someone further down the crackpot line will just put yet bigger fences up.

24 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I think that dc has to prove he has bigger ballz than milan had.

it's way past the time when elements of sheffield wednesday's support stopped putting obstructions in the way of wednesday's success. 

'we should play this way, we shouldn't play that, we don't want him here, he 's the wrong type, he's managed them' 

get the right man, not another sheffield wednesday pc decision, the time for decisive action is NOW.

the NOW in the 'dreamers' heads will never come, someone further down the crackpot line will just put yet bigger fences up.

Bang on - we have been stuck in the wilderness for so long.

..emotion and decisions based on who is liked or not liked etc need to be set aside.

Its about going up - the manner in which it’s done on the pitch is pretty much irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

..emotion and decisions based on who is liked or not liked etc need to be set aside.

Its about going up - the manner in which it’s done on the pitch is pretty much irrelevant.

Agree.

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Agree with all that.

I realise this is a minority view, but if he became available before we appoint a permanent manager then yes, I would hold my nose and take him back.

The way he behaved was s**t, but sometimes you have to put emotion to one side and look at things rationally. I was really pleased to have got him, really pleased with the progress we made under him and really pleased with the work he was doing behind the scenes. For the first time in a long time we seemed to have an experienced manager with a great track record at Championship level who understood what was needed both on and off the field and had the contacts and reputation within the game to bring the right people in and make those improvements. I don't see too many managers around of that calibre who are available or realistically attainable, so yes, I would have him back tomorrow. But in return I would expect him to eat a fair amount of humble pie, and I would insist that any new contract had a big release clause so that he couldn't even talk to another club unless they agreed to meet this.

8 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

it needs a 'strong' chairman to appoint a 'strong' manager, and b*llocks to the '*******' in the stands.

'if yer don't like it, **** off, btw put yer name on this list so when you return when were winning you can be charged twice as much as everyone normal is'.

1 minute ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Agree with all that.

I realise this is a minority view, but if he became available before we appoint a permanent manager then yes, I would hold my nose and take him back.

The way he behaved was s**t, but sometimes you have to put emotion to one side and look at things rationally. I was really pleased to have got him, really pleased with the progress we made under him and really pleased with the work he was doing behind the scenes. For the first time in a long time we seemed to have an experienced manager with a great track record at Championship level who understood what was needed both on and off the field and had the contacts and reputation within the game to bring the right people in and make those improvements. I don't see too many managers around of that calibre who are available or realistically attainable, so yes, I would have him back tomorrow. But in return I would expect him to eat a fair amount of humble pie, and I would insist that any new contract had a big release clause so that he couldn't even talk to another club unless they agreed to meet this.

100%.

with hughton flatly refusing us, and the list being full of people whom 'skillswise we' object to should bruce become available around september october ish. I think it is without doubt worth very serious consideration that the best manager we've had for decades should be reconsidered. 

big ron was (in fact one of the few complaints I hear of ron's second term is that richards got shut too soon over BITTERNESS), let's not let that sheffield wednesday trait of BITTERNESS step in to inhibit the club yet again.

ALL options should be open, in ALL but narrow minds.

Did you see his press conference after the Norwich game.... dear me .

”We knew it would be tough “

”We knew that they would be buzzing, their first home game and all that “

”We weren’t really good enough, but hey, we go again next week “

”We know that we’ve got to be better than that “

Now come on fellas, with an insight and deep understanding of what needs to be done evidenced in those comments Newcastle will be fine.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, neo hippy said:

I cant see the players playing for him after he walked out on them. Not like they will Bully who's been with them all the way.

It's a definite no from me. Screw him, gets everything he deserves 

The players are pros and know he has what it takes. He’d soon drum any dissent out of them.

..they’d be fine - it’s some section of the fanbase who wouldn’t be able to get past his departure and return that would be more of an issue.

2 hours ago, Womble Owl said:

Yes I would. At this level he's one of the best there is, and I want my club to be successful and be in the top flight, sooner rather than later. 

One thinks you are a sneaky pig fan on a wind up. Nice try 

47 minutes ago, neo hippy said:

I cant see the players playing for him after he walked out on them. Not like they will Bully who's been with them all the way.

It's a definite no from me. Screw him, gets everything he deserves 

I can, because they KNOW he knows what he's on with, unlike others who are limited and when players realise that THEN they stop playing for them.

so you think that players who have jumped ship and transferred many times are not going to play for a manager who does the same? REALLY?

stop thinking everybody who pulls our shirt on and kisses the badge are wednesday fans, they're mercenaries.

they do it all for the money, and when they're not satisfied they kick off wanting to renegotiate a contract that has 2 years still to run on it.

YET they are not going to play for a manager who has done what he saw as the best for him at that time? STAGGERING is the understanding of such matters.