Bruce

40 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I agree, but i'm not sure the fanbase will stick with Ashley.

They couldn’t be any less unstuck with him !    What the Newcastle fans think will make zero difference to what Mike Ashley does or doesn’t do 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

and THAT'S what holds sheffield wednesday back, inward looking bitterness.

I’m not bitter about anything. I’m the most glass half full bloke you’re ever likely to meet, that’s why I greet disappointing moments with humour, rather than pontificating on others perceived personality flaws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Struggle with this one mate, unless it's tongue in cheek.

A guy wins us promotion to the premiership and then we sack him :wacko:

I’d only do it to see him cry, then I’d get Rio Ferdinand out to tell him he’s been murked.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

I'm not usually one for wanting managers to get the sack, but in Bruce's case I'll make an exception. I hope Newcastle bomb. 

3 hours ago, Ian said:

Not if they’d sacked him and paid him off.....admittedly that’s not something Newcastle normally do.....I heard that they are still paying Pardew from when he managed them!

Not too many managers get fully paid off, it depends how flush the sacking club are. Usually any club then interested in the sacked manager have to work out a severance/compensation package to allow him to join.

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, Cypriot Owl said:

Different situation, we were in danger of relegation and Big Ron was brought in to keep us up.

Different situation in that there was a 6 year gap after Big Ron had finished the job winning a promotion and a cup. Bruce has been gone a month after leaving under a cloud and quit on us without getting us close to our objective. Can’t believe some want him back already after that, it’s embarrassing 

I would, because I see him as a means to an end.

Just like I'd have set Colin on.

For me, (re)setting them on is no different to buying an angle grinder and a sledgehammer if you've got a lot of garden paths to take up.

The snag is that lots of our fans don't see managers/players that way, and the first time results took a turn for the worst it would get nasty.

I'd sack him once we got into the PL, though.

Revenge and cold dishes and so on.

You know, all that cobblers.

45 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Different situation in that there was a 6 year gap after Big Ron had finished the job winning a promotion and a cup. Bruce has been gone a month after leaving under a cloud and quit on us without getting us close to our objective. Can’t believe some want him back already after that, it’s embarrassing 

I guess it depends upon how much you want to get out of this division.

The Blades are up - and you wouldn't put it past Wilder keeping them up - and Leeds may very well go up this time.

We got away with it last season but even they can't keep cocking it up for ever.

Add to that the need for promotion for financial reasons, the paucity of managerial candidates, and suddenly the re-engagement of Ten Bellies doesn't seem quite so embarrassing.

I mean, consider those half a decade ago who didn't want Colin ...

"Ah'd rather see us in t' Conference!", they bellowed.

And here we still are, in the second tier almost 20 years since relegation from the top flight.

3 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

I’m not bitter about anything. I’m the most glass half full bloke you’re ever likely to meet, that’s why I greet disappointing moments with humour, rather than pontificating on others perceived personality flaws.

but going around seeing a glass as half full all the time, means you're happy at 50%.

10 hours ago, ... said:

Also I don’t honestly think he will get another job in football after what he did to us. It left a bitter taste in everyone’s mouth not just Wednesday fans. 

Cant see any fan base respecting him. He’s proven now he as no loyalty and will do anything to force moves if it means he gets a better clubs. 

He did tho didn't he. You want loyalty then get a dog.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. Because it cheers us up. 

This x100

• Haha 2

I don't want him back.

Same way I didn't want Atkinson back when he was fresh out of clubs that would give him another roll of the dice.

I reckon the Newcastle gig is Bruce's last in football, he was on the fence about wanting to take another one after Villa and we should have perhaps seen the signs. 

Plus he's fat knacker.