New stadium

As long as not some flat pack stadium out in the sticks then i would begrudgingly accept a move.

Rather stay where we are though, if only the club had bought up all houses around the ground over the past 30 or so years..with rent coming in it would have made sense..instead of buying jordan rhodes we should have bought vere rhode.

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Brentford's fire sale approach every summer will stand them well for years to come.

Maupay - 20m - 2019

Konsa - 12m - 2019

Mepham - 13m - 2018

Woods - 6.5m - 2018

Jota - 7m - 2017

and add to that list, many players sold for 3, 4 and 5m 

Stadium payed for, future guaranteed, decent location in London.

10 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

If people were frightened of coming to Hillsborough, i'd agree, but fans have packed out that end numerous times since the disaster. I do think though SYP/SAG are over cautious because of the disaster though + the fact its a pretty dated stand. While ever it's like it is SYP and SAG will dictate ridiculous levels of segregation. 

Desperately needs modernising. In the grand scheme of things it's at the bottom of the list. 

I didn't say they were frightened of going to Hillsborough anywhere.

The disaster isn't allowed to go away, ask many people, not necessarily football people, just people in general first thing that comes into their mind about Hillsboro, its not the football.

Maybe when our generation has gone, so another 30 years we (the club) may be able to move on. 

5 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

large sections of the ground are not fit for purpose because of a lack of investment. This is hampering is in terms of revenue generation.

Yoir turn.

what about the part you said the image or ground isn't tarnished still by the disaster? By the way I agree with the infrastructure part, I did say that.

Edited by billyblack

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Did I say I wanted it?

I said it was a necessity in my opinion, too different things. Juts because you don't like something doesn't mean it wont happen or that other people thing it needs to happen.

'IF' we end up moving don't go to the games, its your choice. Makes no odds to me.

Lol

absolute cheb end lol

Just now, billyblack said:

what about the part you said the image or ground isn't tarnished still by the disaster?

If the ground is tarnished, it’s bevause the West Stand should have been demolished and replaced.

Beyond that, I just don’t care what other fans think, our ground is for us.

25 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Its not the wednesdayites that need it removing. Its everybody else and whilst its there it damages the club.

People like UEFA, the FA and the EFL, who have all used/chosen the stadium in the years since 1989.  IMHO, you're spouting ballcocks. Using the disaster is an easy cop out for straw man arguments about relocation.  Leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I have been told by an unreliable source, talks have taken place with piggie bosses about a new shared ground.

Milan style stadium for use in the summer for huge music concerts. 65k capacity, best venue outside london.

So we had talks with Utds owners?

Which one?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Couldn't we just move across the road? Largely empty land and by my clearly perfect measuring with my fingers on my phone i think the ground would fit there. lol

image1.jpeg

That land is about to be made into a retail park....

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/developers-ps25-million-plan-for-site-opposite-hillsborough-stadium-in-sheffield-127053

Edited by bigdan2003

5 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

If the ground is tarnished, it’s bevause the West Stand should have been demolished and replaced.

Beyond that, I just don’t care what other fans think, our ground is for us.

Its not just what other fans think though is it.

Its about the image and what that portrays from commercial view points and investment and so forth

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

That land is about to be made into a retail park....

I think this needs a new thread! Which establishments will be on this retail park? Pub? Nandos? Taco Bell? Krispy Kreme? Just outside the ground! exciting times. You will now say Lidl, B&M and Pets At Home and my excitement will disappear.

Just now, billyblack said:

outside of the club, how are our income streams going outside from outside the chairmans pocket? Can the business sustain itself without him?

That’s because we haven’t invested in a infrastructure.

Concrete.

Your arguments are abstract.